Tue, Mar. 17, 10:48 AM
- Sports nutrition firm MusclePharm (OTCQB:MSLP -53.1%) craters on an 11x surge volume in response to yesterday's Q4 report that showed a decrease in sales, skyrocketing expenses and only $1M in the bank.
- Previously: MusclePharm Q4 revenues off 13%, net loss widens four-fold; only $1M cash on hand (March 16)
Mon, Mar. 16, 6:01 PM
- MusclePharm (OTCQB:MSLP) Q4 results ($M): Net Revenues: 32.7 (-12.8%); Gross Profit: 25.1 (-9.7%); Operating Expenses: 23.9 (+52.2%); Operating Loss: (16.4) (-173.3%); Net Loss: (16.2) (-305.0%); Loss Per Share: (1.39) (-208.9%); Quick Assets: 1.0 (-81.5%); A/R: 16.6 (+21.2%); Inventory: 21.1 (+33.5%).
- 2015 Guidance: Net Sales: $210M - 220M; Gross Margin: 31 - 33%.
- This was an ugly quarter for the supposed high flier. Revenue growth was negative, inventory backed up and expenses skyrocketed. With only $1M in the bank, the company won't be able to make payroll for long.
- Profitability remains elusive. Best case for gross margin of 33% for this year won't be enough to make money. Gross margin for 2014 was 31.6% versus 29.9% the year before, a modest increase considering the aggressive top line growth.
Tue, Mar. 10, 10:53 AM
- The attorneys general from Connecticut, Indiana and Puerto Rico form a coalition to investigate the business practices of the herbal supplement industry to ensure that the manufacturers and retailers comply with the law. The initiative seeks to improve transparency and make certain that the industry is making an effort to validate their marketing claims, including authenticity and purity.
- A recent analysis by the New York AG's Office found undocumented substances in certain store brand herbal supplements, including contaminants and unlabeled plant species. In addition, many of the supplements had been processed to such a degree that the plant source's genetic material was undetectable.
- The FDA requires drug makers to verify the safety and integrity of their products, but dietary supplements are currently exempt from the process despite that fact that more than half of FDA Class I drug recalls (the most serious) between 2004 and 2012 were for dietary supplements.
- According to the Canadian Institutes of Health Research, there are ~65,000 dietary supplements consumed by more than 150M Americans representing a $61B industry.
- Related tickers: (GNC -5.8%)(VSI -1.8%)(HLF -1.2%)(OTCQB:MSLP -1.4%)
Fri, Mar. 6, 8:11 AM
Wed, Mar. 4, 8:54 AM
- Sports nutrition products maker MusclePharm (OTCQB:MSLP) enters into a manufacturing agreement with fellow nutritional products developer and manufacturer Capstone Nutrition whereby MusclePharm will consolidate all of its U.S.-based powder, capsule and tablet manufacturing into Capstone facilities.
- Under the terms of the agreement, MusclePharm will receive warrants equal to 19.9% of Capstone and the right to purchase the remaining 80.1% for a period of 18 months. In addition, it will contribute $2.5M to build out Capstone's manufacturing facilities to accommodate MusclePharm's requirements.
- If the companies merge, the consolidated business will generate revenues of $450M and double-digit EBITDA this year.
- MusclePharm also plans to launch a contract manufacturing sales and business development team to complement Capstone's group.
Nov. 17, 2014, 10:52 AM
- Sports nutrition firm MusclePharm (OTCQB:MSLP -16.1%) slumps on light turnover of 132K shares in response to its Q3 earnings report after Friday's close. EPS of $0.05 missed estimates by $0.29. Also, its cash balance is only $2.9M.
- Management affirms its full-year revenue guidance of $185M - 195M, but revises its EPS guidance to $0.20 - 0.22.
Oct. 21, 2014, 7:54 AM
Aug. 4, 2014, 5:43 PM
- MusclePharm Corp. (OTCQB:MSLP -0.9%) Q2 results: Net Sales: $46.7M (+831%); Gross Profit: $15.6M (+97.5%); Operating Expenses: $15.2M (+42.1%); Operating Income: $479.5K (+118.5%); Net Income: $408.3K (+166.7%); EPS: $0.03 (+108.8%).
- Conspicuous by their absence are the company's balance of cash/cash equivalents and CF Ops. The current assets listed on the balance sheet are most certainly dominated by accounts receivable.
- 2014 Guidance: Net sales: $185M - 195M; EPS: $0.45 - 0.50.
Jun. 24, 2014, 9:00 AM
- MusclePharm (MSLP) expands its footprint with major distributor (GNC). The retailer will now feature all of MSLP's brands on a dedicated wall in all of its U.S. corporate stores. The agreement nearly doubles the number of outlets carrying the products to more than 4,000. The initiative will ramp up in Q3.
Jun. 18, 2014, 10:35 AM
- MusclePharm (MSLP +7.4%) signs a multi-year endorsement deal with golfer Tiger Woods for the term July 1, 2014 - June 30, 2018. The deal includes the company name and logo on his golf bag, the right to use his name and likeness in advertisements and commercials and personal appearances.
- Under the terms of the agreement, the company will pay Woods an annual cash retainer, $5M of MSLP stock and royalties on sales of all branded product.
- The company's lineup of celebrity athlete endorsers also includes Arnold Schwarzenegger and football players Eric Decker and Colin Kaepernick.
May. 14, 2014, 11:21 AM
- On May 12, COO Richard Estalella resigned effective immediately. He will continue to serve as MusclePharm's (MSLP -0.8%) President. Jim Greenwell resigned from the Board of Directors effective immediately to assume the COO role on May 16.
- The company will pay Mr. Greenwell a base salary of $275K, a bonus of up to $300K and 100K shares of stock.
- The BOD extends the employment agreements of Brad Pyatt and Cory Gregory to December 31, 2018. As a sweetener, Mr. Pyatt receives 500K shares of stock and Mr. Gregory 100K shares. Both vest 20%/year.
May. 5, 2014, 10:09 AM
- Net sales: $50.2M (+122%), operating income: $2.4M vs a loss of $0.72M, net income: $2.7M vs a loss of $7.4M, EPS: $0.23 vs ($1.78).
- International sales: $17.2M (+176%).
- Cash at quarter end: $5.8M.
- 2014 guidance:
- Net sales: $165 - 175M.
- EPS: $0.41 - 0.51.
- (MSLP +22.8%) shares jump in early trading on light volume.
Apr. 14, 2014, 9:37 AM
- Brad Pyatt resigns as President effective April 16 but will continue to serve as CEO and COB. Richard Estalella appointed as President.
- CFO L. Gary Davis resigns effective April 15 but will work on special projects until December 31, 2014.
- Board member Donald Prosser resigns effective April 16 to assume the CFO role.
- (MSLP) regulatory filing.
MSLP vs. ETF Alternatives
Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, MusclePharm is a rapidly expanding healthy life-style company that develops and manufactures a full line of NSF and scientifically approved nutritional supplements that are 100% free of any banned substances. Based on years of research, MusclePharm products are... More
Other News & PR