The Market Value Of Vail Resorts In Light Of Cognitive Dissonance About Climate Change And Drought
- Vail’s properties are all within a shifting drought zone caused by global warming.
- There is no reason to expect significant snow or rain before next winter at some of these important sites.
- Small investors have advantages over corporate investors: they have less peer pressure and can check out their conclusions without creating tension with colleagues or superiors who deny climate-change.
- Many put the facts of ecological sustainability in front of investors. The utility of the Morgan Stanley Research …is the fact that they thought to undertake ecological concerns at all.
- The crowd is prone to cognitive dissonance, especially when old beliefs and expectations are challenged and most particularly when money is on the side of a generalized denial regarding climate change.