5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
There are 2 articles on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
There are no Transcripts on MTNOY.
There are no News articles on MTNOY.
MTNOY vs. ETF Alternatives
MTN Group Limited, incorporated and domiciled in South Africa, carries on the business of investing in the telecommunication industry through its subsidiary companies, joint ventures and associate companies.
Friday, Sep 272013, 9:23 AM
Friday, Sep 272013, 9:23 AM| Comment!
- Vodacom (VODAF.OB) is set to enter exclusive negotiations to acquire Internet provider Neotel from Tata Communications (TCL), which bought a majority stake in 2008, for more than 5B rand ($502M), Bloomberg reports.
- The interest comes as Vodacom becomes increasing interested in attracting small and mid-sized business customers and expanding data services to offset declining voice revenues.
- MTN Group (MTNOY.PK) was also reportedly interested but has since dropped out of the process.
Tuesday, Sep 32013, 4:49 PM
Tuesday, Sep 32013, 4:49 PM| 3 Comments
- African mobile subscriptions (863M as of Q2) are set to expand at a 6.6% CAGR to 1.25B by 2018, according to ABI Research.
- Due to "lower comparative 3G penetration of 13.8%," 3G subscriptions are forecast to grow from 114M in 2013 to 210M in 2015. By 2018, the continent is expected to have 51.2M LTE subscriptions, up from a mere 200K in Q2 and representing a CAGR of 118%.
- Major African carriers such as Vodafone (VOD), VimpelCom (VIP), MTN Group (MTNOY.PK), Telkom SA (TLKGY.PK), Orascom (ORSTF.PK), and Maroc (MAOTF.PK) stand to benefit from the growth, which easily surpasses that seen in most developed markets.