Wed, Apr. 29, 5:09 PM
Thu, Apr. 16, 6:43 PM
- Manitowoc (NYSE:MTW) -3.5% AH after saying it now expects flat revenue from its food service segment this year, after projecting in January that revenue from the segment would improve modestly in the mid single-digits; last year, MTW reported $1.6B in food service revenue, representing 41% of overall sales.
- MTW also says it expects an overall Q1 pre-tax loss from continuing operations of $9.5M and Q1 revenues of $752M, down 17% Y/Y and below analyst consensus estimate of $835M in revenues; a year ago, MTW booked a pretax profit of $8.6M.
- MTW blames the reduced outlook on two strong product rollouts that benefited food service in 2014 and reduced spending by large restaurant chains.
Thu, Apr. 16, 5:37 PM
Fri, Mar. 27, 5:38 PM
Mon, Feb. 9, 9:59 AM
Thu, Jan. 29, 5:35 PM
Thu, Jan. 29, 4:50 PM
- Manitowoc (NYSE:MTW) +9.4% AH on its plan to separate into two stand-alone publicly-traded companies.
- MTW's Cranes business reported 2014 revenue of $2.3B; for 2015, MTW forecasts revenues to decline by mid-single digits.
- The Foodservice business reported 2014 revenue of $1.6B; for 2015, MTW expects revenues to grow by mid-single digit percentage.
- The move comes amid pressure from Carl Icahn, who disclosed a month ago that he owned a 7.77% stake in MTW and would seek a separation of the two businesses.
- Earlier: Manitowoc misses by $0.05, misses on revenue
Thu, Jan. 29, 4:20 PM
Wed, Jan. 28, 5:35 PM
- ABAX, ALGN, AMZN, AVNW, BCR, BIIB, BRCM, BXP, CB, COHR, CORT, CPHD, CPSI, CTCT, DECK, EFII, ELX, ELY, EMN, EPAY, FICO, GDOT, GIMO, GOOG, HA, HBI, HLIT, INVN, ISBC, IXYS, JDSU, LEG, MCHP, MITK, MTW, N, NATI, NEU, NFG, NGVC, PCCC, PFG, PFPT, PKI, PMCS, QLGC, RHI, RVBD, SFG, SWI, SYNA, TFSL, TUES, UIS, V, VR, WERN
Tue, Jan. 27, 3:58 PM
- Cummins (CMI -3.8%) is downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform at First Global despite delivering a respectable performance for the final nine months of 2014.
- CMI’s industrial engines are highly exposed to the construction and mining industries which are being impacted by weak capital spending in China and other emerging markets, the firm says; also, demand in the Chinese and Brazilian truck markets remains weak.
- At 13.9x estimated CY 2015 earnings, CMI shares already trade at a moderate premium to peers such as Caterpillar, First Global adds.
- CMI and other equipment manufacturers are broadly lower following Caterpillar's (CAT -7.2%) disappointing quarter: JOY -5.3%, MTW -5.1%, DE -2.7%, CNHI -1.9%.
Dec. 29, 2014, 9:13 AM
Dec. 29, 2014, 7:16 AM
Oct. 27, 2014, 6:04 PM
- Manitowoc (NYSE:MTW) reported 2.5% Y/Y revenue decline to $986M.
- Foodservice segment +3.8% to $417M driven by higher sales of hot side brands and ice/beverage equipment.
- Crane segment -6.7% to $569M due to volume decreases in the boom truck and rough-terrain categories.
- Gross margin -100 bps to 24.9%.
- Operating margin -200 bps to 8.2% due to restructuring costs.
- Shares -3.8% AH.
Oct. 27, 2014, 5:22 PM
Oct. 27, 2014, 12:24 PM
- Caterpillar (CAT -1.5%) climbed 4.6% last week after its Q3 earnings easily beat Wall Street consensus, but Raymond James analyst Theoni Pilarinos thinks this is not the time for investors to chase the stock.
- CAT deserves credit for right-sizing inventory, bringing production levels in-line with demand, maintaining a solid balance sheet and generating strong cash flow funding $5.4B YTD in share buyback and dividends, but management's forecast for flat 2015 sales growth prompts the firm to lower its numbers accordingly, and Pilarinos believes the stock will be range-bound until end markets improve.
- AMong other big machinery makers: JOY -3.4%, MTW -1.7%, DE -0.8%.
Oct. 26, 2014, 5:35 PM
MTW vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR