5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
at MarketWatch.com (Jun 23, 2011)
at MarketWatch.com (Jun 19, 2011)
at MarketWatch.com (May 18, 2010)
MTX vs. ETF Alternatives
Minerals Technologies, Inc. is a resource and technology-based Company which develops, produces and markets range of specialty mineral, mineral-based and synthetic mineral products and supporting systems and services.
Monday, Mar 109:59 AM
Monday, Mar 109:59 AM| Comment!
- Amcol International (ACO -2.1%) finally agrees to be acquired by Minerals Technologies (MTX +4.1%) for ~$1.7B after Imerys (IMYSF) failed to match MTX's sweetened bid of $45.75/share.
- MTX is the last man standing in the bidding warfor ACO, which lured six increased offers in just three weeks and has been the most active U.S. takeover target valued at $1B-plus so far this year.
Friday, Mar 73:49 AM
Friday, Mar 73:49 AM| Comment!
- Amcol International (ACO) has told Paris-based Imerys (IMYSF) that it has four working days to match Minerals Technologies' (MTX) increased rival offer of $1.48B, which Amcol's board has said is superior to that of Imerys.
- Minerals' proposal is worth $45.75 a share, 50 cents above Imerys' latest bid on Tuesday, although Amcol didn't change its recommendation in favor of a deal with the French company.
- One of the attractions of Amcol is that it has large reserves of bentonite, an important material for the construction and energy sectors. (PR)
Thursday, Mar 68:59 AM
Thursday, Mar 68:59 AM| Comment!
- Another day, another raised bid for Amcol (ACO), as Minerals Technologies (MTX) increases its offer to acquire the minerals and materials producer to $45.75/share.
- The new bid surpasses the $45.25 offered two days ago by Imerys (IMYSF), the French-based company ACO clearly prefers in concluding a deal.
Tuesday, Mar 45:37 PM
Tuesday, Mar 45:37 PM| Comment!
- Amcol (ACO) approves another sweetened takeover offer from Imerys (IMYSF) worth $45.25/share, edging yesterday's rival bid from Minerals Technology (MTX) and $2.50/share more than last month's approved offer from Imerys.
- ACO says its board approved the offer and values the deal at $1.7B, including its debt; the company, the world's largest producer of bentonite, has said Imerys' bids are superior to the ones from MTX.
Monday, Mar 38:29 AM
Monday, Mar 38:29 AM| Comment!
- Not ready to throw in the towel, Minerals Technologies (MTX) increases its offer to acquire Amcol International (ACO) to $45/share in cash.
- Last week, ACO approved a $42.75/share merger agreement with Imerys (IMYSF), which had raised its bid in response to a $42.50/share proposal from MTX.
- ACO +2.4% premarket.
Wednesday, Feb 264:51 PM|Wednesday, Feb 264:51 PM| Comment!
Monday, Feb 246:32 PM
Monday, Feb 246:32 PM| Comment!
- AMCOL International (ACO) -5.6% AH after Minerals Technologies (MTX) increases its bid for the minerals and materials producer to $42.50 - a 7% discount to ACO's closing price today - and says it has obtained committed debt financing.
- Earlier this month, MTX made a $42/share all-cash bid for ACO in an effort to top a standing deal with France's Imerys (IMYSF), which said last week it won't raise its offer of $41/share.
Monday, Feb 173:19 AM
Monday, Feb 173:19 AM| Comment!
- Imerys (IMYSF) remains committed to its deal to acquire U.S. minerals and materials group AMCOL International (ACO) for $1.6B including debt, the French company says in a statement.
- Imerys' comments come after Minerals Technologies (MTX) topped Imerys' $41-a-share bid on Friday with an offer of $42 a share.
Thursday, Feb 136:32 PM
Thursday, Feb 136:32 PM| Comment!
- Minerals Technologies (MTX) makes a $42/share cash offer for AMCOL International (ACO), WSJ reports, in an attempt to top a standing deal from Imerys (IMYSF), which said yesterday it had agreed to buy AMCOL for $41/share.
- Under business law in Delaware, where AMCOL is incorporated, public company boards that agree to a cash deal are typically required to take the highest offer, according to the report.
- ACO +4% AH.
Thursday, Jan 305:32 PM
Thursday, Jan 305:32 PM| Comment!
- Minerals Technologies Inc. (MTX): Q4 EPS of $0.61 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $256.63M (+5.1% Y/Y) beats by $4.5M.
Thursday, Oct 312013, 5:43 PM
Thursday, Jul 252013, 6:26 PM
Thursday, Apr 252013, 5:52 PM
Thursday, Jan 312013, 6:12 PM
Thursday, Nov 12012, 7:25 PM
Thursday, Jul 262012, 8:07 PM