There is research on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
Tue, Sep. 9, 8:11 AM
- Investors might find power-line builder MYR Group (NASDAQ:MYRG) a way to capitalize on the $3.6T need to upgrade U.S. infrastructure as well as an intriguing takeover possibility, Bloomberg speculates.
- MYR is on the short list of companies capable of building the largest transmission systems in the U.S., making it a prime acquisition candidate deserving of a 40% premium, according to FBR Capital.
- A strong balance sheet and the cheapest valuation among peers make it attractive for a leveraged buyout, Avondale Partners says, citing MasTec (NYSE:MTZ), Quanta Services (NYSE:PWR) and Primoris (NASDAQ:PRIM) as firms that could be drawn to MYR for its specialized equipment and trained labor force.
Tue, Aug. 12, 9:25 AM
- Net income from continuing operations of $32.1M, or $0.37 per diluted share vs. $35.5M, or $0.42 per diluted share for the second quarter of 2013.
- Revenue of $1.1B vs. $978M for the prior year quarter.
- "We had a challenging second quarter, primarily because of slowdown in revenue growth of wireless projects." says CEO Jose Mas.
- For Q3 of 2014, the company expects revenue of approximately $1.30-$1.35B, continuing operations adjusted EBITDA of ~$132M with adjusted diluted earnings per share of approximately $0.56.
- Q2 results
Mon, Aug. 11, 4:33 PM
Sun, Aug. 10, 5:35 PM
Mon, Jun. 30, 2:58 PM
- MasTec (MTZ +3.6%) says it acquired Pacer Construction Holdings and its affiliated operating companies for ~$126M in cash plus a five-year contingent earn-out.
- Pacer is a contractor in western Canada which focuses on infrastructure construction supporting the oil and gas production/processing, mining and transportation industries.
- MTZ also says it amended its senior secured credit facility, increasing aggregate borrowing commitments to $1B from $750M.
Mon, Jun. 2, 12:51 PM
- MasTec (MTZ -10.8%) shares plunge after the infrastructure construction company over the weekend lowered its outlook for Q2 earnings and revenue.
- MTZ now sees Q2 EPS of $0.40 from $0.53 earlier and Q2 revenues of ~$1.1B vs. prior $1.15B-$1.2B, expecting results to be hurt by new and unexpected delays in the wireless project spending activity as well as weaker than anticipated oil and gas segment results.
- More downside guidance could be in store; although management did not lower guidance for H2 2014, the door was left open to do so on the Q2 conference call.
Mon, Jun. 2, 9:16 AM
Thu, May. 1, 5:10 PM
Thu, Feb. 27, 5:58 PM
Thu, Feb. 27, 5:04 PM
Thu, Feb. 27, 12:10 AM
- ACAD, AHT, AIRM, AL, ALIM, AMRN, APEI, ARNA, ATLS, AVD, BAGL, BCEI, BID, BIO, CEMP, CHUY, CLNE, CRM, DCO, DECK, ELGX, EPR, EVC, GPS, HALO, HTGC, KBR, KOG, LINE, MDVN, MELI, MENT, MNST, MTZ, NGD, NMBL, NOG, OLED, OVTI, PKT, PODD, REGI, ROST, SD, SFM, SLXP, SPLK, SPNC, SQNM, SWN, TESO, TUMI, UHS, WES, WG, WTR, XTEX, YOKU
Wed, Feb. 26, 5:35 PM
- AHT, AIRM, AL, ALIM, AMRN, APEI, ARNA, ATLS, AVD, BAGL, BCEI, BID, BIO, CEMP, CHUY, CLNE, CRM, DCO, DECK, ELGX, EPR, EVC, GPS, HALO, HTGC, KBR, KOG, LINE, MDVN, MELI, MENT, MNST, MTZ, NGD, NMBL, NOG, OLED, OVTI, PKT, PODD, REGI, ROST, SD, SFM, SLXP, SPLK, SPNC, SQNM, SWN, TESO, TUMI, UHS, WES, WG, WTR, XTEX, YOKU
Oct. 31, 2013, 4:45 PM
Oct. 31, 2013, 12:10 AM
Oct. 30, 2013, 5:35 PM
Aug. 1, 2013, 5:33 PM
Instablogs are blogs which are instantly set up and networked within the Seeking Alpha community. Instablog posts are not selected, edited or screened by Seeking Alpha editors, in contrast to contributors' articles.
MTZ vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR