5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
There are 3 articles on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
MUSA vs. ETF Alternatives
Monday, Nov 252013, 7:59 AM
Monday, Nov 252013, 7:59 AM| Comment!
- JPMorgan has a look at gasoline convenience store chain spinoffs, initiating Valero spinoff CST Brands (CST) with a Buy and Murphy Oil spinoff Murphy USA (MUSA) with a Hold.
- It may be a valuation call, as Murphy USA is up 19% since it began trading on its own in late August, while CST is up less than 3%.
Tuesday, Sep 32013, 11:31 AM
Tuesday, Sep 32013, 11:31 AM| Comment!
- Murphy Oil (MUR -13%) completes the spinoff of its U.S. retail marketing business into an independent public company, Murphy USA, which begins trading today on the NYSE under the ticker MUSA.
- To complete the spinoff, MUR shareholders received one common share of MUSA for every four shares of MUR stock.
- Andrew Clyde will be president and CEO of the new company, which will include more than 1,100 retail outlets, seven product distribution terminals and two ethanol production facilities in North Dakota and Texas.
- Howard Weil upgrades shares to Outperform and raises its target to $76 from $69, seeing increased upside based on valuation versus peers and a new management team focused on stock price appreciation.
Wednesday, Aug 72013, 4:45 PM|Wednesday, Aug 72013, 4:45 PM| Comment!
Instablogs are blogs which are instantly set up and networked within the Seeking Alpha community. Instablog posts are not selected, edited or screened by Seeking Alpha editors, in contrast to contributors' articles.