Jul. 28, 2014, 12:48 PM
- The Direxion Daily Mid Cap Bull 2X Shares (Pending:MDLL) and Direxion Daily Small Cap Bull (Pending:SMLL) will offer investors leveraged exposure to their respective market caps.
- Both funds will have an expense ratio of 0.66%, making them relatively inexpensive compared to many leveraged equity ETFs.
- The Direxion 7-10 Year Treasury Bull 2X Shares (Pending:SYTL) will offer investors leveraged exposure to intermediate-term U.S. Treasury bonds, while charging an expense ratio of just 0.65%.
- Other Russell 2000 ETFs: IWM, TZA, TNA, UWM, URTY, TWM, RWM, SRTY, VTWO, EWRS, TWOK
- Other S&P 400 ETFs: MDY, MVV, IJH, RWK, UMDD, IVOO, MZZ, SMDD, MYY
- Other Intermediate Treasury ETFs: IEF, PST, IEI, DTYS, TYO, UST, VGIT, TBX, GSY, SCHR, DTYL, ITE, TYD, TBZ, DFVL, FIVZ, DFVS, TYNS
May. 16, 2014, 10:57 AM
- Barely in the green for the year at the moment, the S&P 500 could slide 10% between now and October, says the technician, but there's a stealth bear market already happening in the Nasdaq, S&P Mid-Cap, and Russell 2000, and when support breaks (less than another 2%), those indices could see 20-25% declines.
- The situation reminds him of 1994 when the Dow and S&P were in a trading range all year, but things were falling apart underneath the surface.
- Following the washout into October, though, Acampora sees a "very, very strong Q4."
- Nasdaq ETFs: QQQ, PSQ, TQQQ, QID, SQQQ, QLD, QQEW, QQQE, QQXT, TNDQ
- Mid-cap ETFs: MDY, MVV, IJH, VO, EZM, MIDU, RWK, UMDD, IWR, SCHM, DIM, IVOO, MIDZ, MZZ, CZA, FNX, JKG, SMDD, XMLV, MYY, TRNM, EWRM, PXMC
- Russell 2000 ETFs: IWM, TZA, TNA, UWM, URTY, TWM, RWM, SRTY, VTWO, EWRS, TWOK, SMLV
Jan. 21, 2014, 12:07 PM
- Goldman is dealing with some upset clients after its overvaluation call on the S&P 500 last week.
- "Most client responses attempted to justify personal expectations for continued multiple expansion in 2014 ... The low interest rate backdrop was the most common client justification for continued P/E expansion." Goldman, however, looks at P/E's vs. real rates over time and finds today's pricey no matter the rate environment.
- "Many on the buy-side expect price gains of 10% to 20% this year ... the fact remains that market has rarely traded at a higher P/E outside of the tech bubble, or coming out of recessions when EPS were extremely low."
- Attached charts
- S&P ETFs: SPY, IVE, SH, SSO, SDS, IVV, SPXU, UPRO, VOO, MDY, RSP, MVV, RWL, IJH, EPS, IVW, SPYG, RWK, RPG, UMDD, RPV, SPYV, BXUB, VOOG, IVOO, VOOV, MZZ, TRND, BXUC, SFLA, SMDD, FTA, MYY, BXDB
Jan. 16, 2014, 6:36 PM
- On January 24th the reverse split will occur, artificially decreasing the number of shares outstanding and increasing the price per share for the ETFs included in the split.
- Every 4 pre-split shares will result in the receipt of 1 post-split share and will be priced at 4 times the price of 1 pre-split share.
- The majority of the effected funds feature short term equity strategies and have underperformed during the recent economic upturn.
- ETFs undergoing a 1-for-4 reverse split on Jan 24th: EWV, EPV, QID, SQQQ, SMDD, SJH, SBB, SIJ, FXP, MZZ, TWM, SDD, SKK, AGQ, UVXY, SPXU,
Feb. 15, 2013, 3:41 AMPowerShares expands its Low Volatility ETF suite with 2 new ETFs: S&P MidCap Low Volatility (XMLV) and S&P SmallCap Low Volatility (XSLV). The ETFs come with a 0.25% expense ratios, in line with counterpart IDLV (0.25%) and SPLV (0.25%), and slightly less than EELV (0.29%). Over the recent 1-year period, SPLV returned 16.36%, 68 basis points better than SPY, with an SD of just 8.6% vs. 12.8% for SPY. (pdf) | 1 Comment
MZZ vs. ETF Alternatives
ProShares UltraShort MidCap400 seeks daily investment results, before fees and expenses, that correspond to twice (200%) the inverse (opposite) of the daily performance of the S&P MidCap 400 Index.
See more details on sponsor's website
See more details on sponsor's website
Country: United States
Find the right ETFs for your portfolio: Visit Seeking Alpha's ETF Hub
- In Your Portfolio: Core Building Blocks: A Guide to ETFs That Divide the U.S. Stock Market by Market Cap
- Asset Class Performance: Market Cap ETFs
Other News & PR