Tue, Mar. 3, 9:38 AM| Comment!
Mon, Mar. 2, 4:45 PM
Dec. 31, 2014, 10:25 AM
- Thinly-traded nano cap Brainstorm Cell Therapeutics (BCLI +22.7%) jumps on a 6x surge in volume in response to CEO Tony Fiorino's positive comments about the final results from the Phase 2a study of NurOwn in ALS patients.
- Management will host a conference call on January 5 at 8:30 am ET to discuss the data.
- Previously: BrainStorm to start Phase 2 ALS trial (April 28)
- Stem cell-related tickers: (CUR +3.8%)(STEM)(NBS +0.5%)(OTCQB:ISCO +1.4%)(PSTI +2.2%)(OTCQB:NVIV -1.5%)(FCSC +1.6%)
Nov. 21, 2014, 12:46 PM
Nov. 18, 2014, 12:49 PM
Nov. 18, 2014, 9:13 AM
Nov. 18, 2014, 8:36 AM
- After yesterday's close, NeoStem (NASDAQ:NBS) reported data from its 161-patient Phase 2 study evaluating NBS10 (AMR-001) for the treatment of acute myocardial infarction (AMI). The results are based on all enrolled patients being treated and having received six-month follow-up for imaging and 12-month median length follow-up for mortality, adverse events, serious adverse events (SAEs) and major adverse cardiac events (MACE).
- Compared to placebo, NBS10 demonstrated a statistically significant mortality benefit (p<0.05) with no deaths in the treatment group; a statistically significant dose-dependent reduction in SAEs (p<0.05) but only the observation of a dose-dependent numerical decrease in MACE.
- When correcting for the time to stent implantation in all patients, those treated with CD34 cells experienced a statistically significant dose-dependent improvement in their ejection fraction (p<0.05). Independent of time to stent implantation, there was a statistically significant improvement in ejection fraction (p<0.05) in patients treated with a dose greater than 20M CD34 cells versus placebo.
- There was no significant difference in perfusion between the treatment and control groups as measured by SPECT imaging. This is consistent with FDA guidance on efficacy specifying mortality and MACE as the appropriate endpoints versus imaging endpoints.
- Shares are off 24% premarket on increased volume.
- Previously: NeoStem up again on anticipation of NBS10 Phase 2 data
Nov. 17, 2014, 11:18 AM
- Thinly-traded micro cap NeoStem (NBS +11.3%) jumps again on a 5x surge in volume. Shares are up 50% from the low of $4.63 on November 6.
- The company presents results from a Phase 2 trial of NBS10 for treatment of patients with post ST segment elevation myocardial infarction at this week's AHA meeting in Chicago.
- Previously: NeoStem to present NBS10 Phase 2 data at AHA meeting next week
Nov. 14, 2014, 12:46 PM
Nov. 14, 2014, 11:30 AM
- Thinly-traded micro cap NeoStem (NBS +11.5%) is up in early trading on higher-than-normal volume. The company will present data from its 160-patient Phase 2 study evaluating the safety and efficacy of NBS10 for the treatment (ischemic repair) of patients with post ST segment elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI) at next week's American Heart Association meeting in Chicago.
- MLV analyst Vernon Bernardino likes the company's prospects. He has a $17 price target on the stock.
Nov. 3, 2014, 1:43 PM
Oct. 30, 2014, 5:09 PM
Aug. 8, 2014, 10:53 AM
Aug. 7, 2014, 6:25 PM
Jun. 3, 2014, 8:47 AM
- Cellular therapy firm NeoStem (NBS) secures a new $30M equity facility with Aspire Capital Fund LLC replacing the prior agreement where NBS received $20M in equity funding. Under the terms of the agreement, the company has the right to sell up to $30M in shares to Aspire over a two-year period, subject to certain terms and conditions.
- NBS controls the timing and amount of stock sales to Aspire Capital. Aspire cannot require NBS to sell it stock but it must purchase shares as the company directs. There are no limitations on the use of the proceeds and there are no warrants involved.
May. 29, 2014, 9:13 AM
- NeoStem (NBS) does a retrospective pooled analysis of three melanoma clinical trials conducted from 1990 - 2011 and concludes that its Melapuldencel-T autologous immunotherapy may increase Overall Survival (OS) in patients with metastatic melanoma. Carefully parsing the data, the company finds that OS in the Melapuldencel-T cohort was 33% compared to 20% in patients treated with irradiated autologous tumor cells for the subset of patients who still had evidence of disease after prior treatment with one or more standard therapies.
- Investors appear relatively unimpressed. Shares are up 3% premarket on light volume.
NBS vs. ETF Alternatives
Neostem Inc is a biopharmaceutical company that develops novel proprietary cell therapy products. It is engaged in the preservation & enhancement of human health through the development of cell based therapeutics that prevent, treat or cure disease.
Other News & PR