Sep. 2, 2014, 8:19 AM
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings (NASDAQ:NCLH) snaps up Prestige Cruises International for $3.025B.
- Prestige operates eight ships under two different brands - Oceania Cruises and Regent Seven Seas Cruises.
- The company plans to finance the acquisition through existing cash and by tapping credit facilities. In addition, Norwegian will issue 20.3M new shares of common stock.
- NCLH halted until 8:30 am ET.
Sep. 1, 2014, 1:32 AM
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings (NASDAQ:NCLH) is said to be in advanced talks with Prestige Cruises, and may announce an agreement to acquire the latter for $3B as early as this week, Reuters reports.
- Prestige Cruises posted revenues of $1.2B in 2013, up 6% from the year earlier.
- Private equity firm Apollo Global (NYSE:APO), the owner of Prestige Cruises, also owns a 20% stake in Norwegian Cruise. Prestige filed for an IPO in January.
- Competitors: CCL, RCL
NCLH vs. ETF Alternatives
We are a leading global cruise line operator, offering cruise experiences for travelers with a wide variety of itineraries in North America (including Alaska and Hawaii), the Mediterranean, the Baltic, Central America, Bermuda and the Caribbean. We strive to offer an innovative and... More
Other News & PR