Thu, Aug. 6, 6:58 AM
Fri, Jul. 17, 11:45 AM
- Natural Gas Services (NGS -4.5%) is downgraded to Neutral from Buy with a $23 price target, down from $26, at Global Hunter, which sees the U.S. oil rig count appearing to have hit bottom and a recovery in activity on the horizon in late 2015 or early 2016.
- Hunter also notes the NGS compression rental and sales business is tied to oil production, and tends to outperform other service businesses during downturns and lag the drilling cycle during a recovery.
- The firm also lowers its EPS estimates to reflect a lower forecast for compression sales during the down cycle.
Thu, May 7, 6:18 PM
Thu, Mar. 12, 7:55 AM
Nov. 10, 2014, 10:38 AM
- Natural Gas Services (NGS +0.6%) is upgraded to Buy from Accumulate but with a reduced stock price target of $30, down from $33, at Global Hunter, which believes production-oriented NGS will be less impacted by reduced drilling activity than peers.
- However, the firm reduces NGS earnings estimates to reflect a more modest build-out of rental units and slower compressor sales growth, given the current lower oil price environment.
Nov. 6, 2014, 7:22 PM
Aug. 7, 2014, 11:13 AM
Jul. 30, 2014, 3:10 PM
- Newfield Exploration (NFX -5.1%) and EXCO Resources (XCO -6.4%) are the latest examples of oilfield services and equipment companies that have sold off despite reporting reasonably healthy quarterly results.
- NFX is sharply lower after Q2 earnings missed expectations but revenues beat estimates and rose 40% Y/Y; it even reported a deal for its Granite Wash assets that would bring in $588M.
- XCO also offered mixed Q2 results - a $0.01 earnings miss with a revenue beat - but said increased capex would not result in significant production volumes until 2015.
- Global Hunter - while also downgrading Natural Gas Services Group (NGS +0.3%) and Vantage Drilling (VTG +0.1%) - thinks the market is showing fatigue in the sector, particularly with positive onshore oil service data points that may no longer seem incremental.
May 9, 2013, 7:52 AM
NGS vs. ETF Alternatives
Natural Gas Services Group Inc is a provider of small to medium horsepower compression equipment to the natural gas industry. It mainly focuses on the non-conventional natural gas production business in the United States.
Other News & PR