SA News • Oct. 7, 2014
From other sites
at MarketWatch.com (Apr 23, 2012)
at MarketWatch.com (Jun 16, 2011)
Oct. 7, 2014, 9:54 AM
- Menlo Park, CA-based Virobay (VBAY) is set for its IPO of 3.8M shares at $12 - 14.
- The clinical stage biopharmaceutical firm develops drugs based on its cysteine cathepsin platform. Cysteine cathepsins are important enzymes in the biology of many diseases. The company believes that inhibiting these enzymes produces safer, more effective therapies. It currently focuses its efforts on inhibitors of cathepsins S and B.
- Its lead product candidates are cathepsin S inhibitors: VBY-036 for neuropathic pain and Crohn's disease and VBY-891 for psoriasis. Phase 2 development for all three indications should commence in 1H 2015 which means that meaningful product revenues are far in the distance.
- In 2013, the company generated $9.9M in collaboration revenue. Its operating loss was ($2.3M). In 1H 2015, collaboration revenue dropped to $1.1M and the loss from operations increased to ($3.6M).
- Crohn's disease-related tickers: (ABBV -1.6%)(MRK -1.2%)(RDHL +0.4%)(VBLX)(OTCPK:TKPHF)(OTCPK:TKPYY)(CNDO +1.1%)(OTCQB:SNGX)(PSTI +2.3%)
- Neuropathic pain-related tickers: (DARA -4.4%)(AVNR -3.4%)(ZLCS +0.9%)(IPCI -2%)(BLRX -1.9%)(MNOV +0.6%)(PFE -0.3%)(OTCPK:NGSX)
- Psoriasis-related tickers: (DERM -0.5%)(NVS -2.5%)(CELG -1.4%)(LLY -1.3%)(CANF -2.3%)(IDRA -1.4%)(JNJ -0.8%)(XNPT +0.5%)(HSP -0.2%)
Jul. 9, 2013, 8:32 AMAcorda Therapeutics (ACOR) has acquired the rights in the Americas and certain other territories to two nerve pain treatments from NeurogesX (NGSX.OB) - FDA approved Qutenza and "Phase III ready" NP-1998. Acorda paid $8M up front and will pay as much as $5m in milestones related to NP-1998. (PR) | Comment!
Apr. 11, 2012, 11:04 AM
Feb. 10, 2012, 10:20 AM
Feb. 9, 2012, 2:36 PM
Feb. 9, 2012, 8:35 AM
Feb. 7, 2012, 8:58 AM
Nov. 17, 2009, 9:00 AM
There are no StockTalks on this stock yet.
NGSX vs. ETF Alternatives
NeurogesX, Inc. is a specialty pharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing a portfolio of novel non-opioid, pain management therapies to address unmet medical needs and improve patients' quality of life.<br /><br />The Company's lead product, Qutenza?, is currently approved... More
Other News & PR