National Health Investors Is On A 'REIT' (Really Encouraging Investment Trajectory)
- NHI's growth outperformed the S&P 500 and beat REIT averages in most categories.
- Its AFFO is up 13.4% from Q1 and up 9.3% from Q2 2013.
- The company has a reliable dividend history with payout increases of 4.93% annualized.
- Aging baby boomers will increase demand and opportunities for senior housing and skilled nursing facility investments.
- One thousand insider shares were purchased by the company director on June 24, 2014.
My K.I.S.S. Dividend Portfolio: 2nd Quarter 2014 Update
- By using simple, easy to follow criteria you can create a successful DGI portfolio.
- Even as I my total return has lagged the market this quarter my dividend growth has been excellent.
- By focusing on dividend growth I believe my portfolio will outperform on both a total return and a dividend income basis.
Mon, Jan. 12, 2:40 PM
- The 10-year Treasury yield is down all the way to 1.91% and the 30-year earlier dropped to 2.47% amid a slumping stock market and WTI crude oil plummeting another 4.3% to $46.23 per barrel. Equity REITs, meanwhile, continue a big start to the year.
- ETFs: IYR, VNQ, DRN, URE, SRS, ICF, SCHH, RWR, KBWY, DRV, REK, FRI, FTY, PSR, WREI
- A sampling of individual names: Realty Income (O +0.9%), Omega Healthcare (OHI +1%), National Health Investors (NHI +1.7%), LTC Properties (LTC +1.8%), Camden Property Trust (CPT +1.3%), CBL & Associates (CBL +2.2%), Regency Centers (REG +1.2%), CubeSmart (CUBE +1.5%), Washington Real Estate Trust (WRE +0.9%), American Campus Communities (ACC +0.7%).
Dec. 2, 2014, 8:11 AM
- The purchase of eight senior living communities is expected to close this year, and following that, they will be leased to Senior Living Communities pursuant to a 15-year master lease.
- The lease provides for an initial gross cash yield of 6.51%, with annual rent escalators of 4% in years 2-4, and 3% thereafter.
- To help fund the deal, NHI is selling 3.5M shares of stock.
- Shares -2.2% premarket
NHI vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR