Wed, Feb. 11, 7:01 AM
- Wells Fargo downgrades Blue Nile (NASDAQ:NILE) to Market Perform from Outperform following the retailer's Q4 earnings report.
- The investment firm lowers its price target to a range of $29-$31 from $41-$43.
- Competitors are pressuring Blue Nile in search, notes Wells.
- Previously: Blue Nile misses by $0.03, misses on revenue (Feb. 10 2015)
- Previously: More on Blue Nile's Q4 (Feb. 10 2015)
- Previously: Blue Nile skewered by soft guidance (Feb. 10 2015)
Tue, Feb. 10, 12:45 PM
Tue, Feb. 10, 11:05 AM
- Shares of Blue Niles (NILE -12.7%) plunge after guidance disappoints.
- The company sees Q1 EPS of $0.07-$0.09 vs. $0.11 consensus.
- For the full year, Blue Nile expects revenue of $408M-$505M vs. $523M consensus and EPS of $0.83-$0.95 vs. $1.00 consensus.
- Previously: Blue Nile misses by $0.03, misses on revenue
- Previously: More on Blue Nile's Q4
Tue, Feb. 10, 7:55 AM
- Blue Nile (NASDAQ:NILE) reports U.S. engagement net sales increased 7.9% to $85M.
- U.S. non-engagement net sales rose 6.3% to $48.8M.
- International net sales grew 10.9% to $23.6M.
- Gross margin rate decreased 55 bps to 18.1%.
- Operating margin rate declined 59 bps to 4.35%.
- FQ1 Guidance: Net sales: $107M to $110M; Diluted EPS: $0.07 to $0.09.
- FY2015 Guidance: Net sales: $488M to $505M; Diluted EPS: $0.83 to $0.93.
- Q4 results
Tue, Feb. 10, 7:33 AM
Mon, Feb. 9, 5:30 PM
Nov. 20, 2014, 12:48 PM
- Shares of Blue Nile (NILE -1.4%) turn lower on heavy volume after a negative article is posted by StreetSweeper.
- The premise of the take is rather simple: Blue Nile's goal of growing its engagement business rapidly won't hold up with women preferring to have stones from brick-and-mortar stores instead of from an online seller.
- Though Blue Nile has pilot physical stores in Rhode Island and Seattle, a broader roll-out of the concept could pile up costs and change the business model.
Nov. 12, 2014, 2:26 PM| 3 Comments
Oct. 30, 2014, 10:57 AM
- Blue Nile (NASDAQ:NILE) reports U.S. engagement net sales +5.0% to $60.8M in Q3.
- U.S. non-engagement net sales decreased 1.7% to $23.5M.
- Gross margin rate fell 110 bps to 17.8%.
- The company says it purchased 1.2M shares YTD.
- Guidance: Net Sales - Q4 $159M to $174M, FY $475M to $490M; EPS - Q4 $0.47 to $0.47, FY $0.81 to $0.86.
Oct. 30, 2014, 7:39 AM
Aug. 5, 2014, 7:33 AM
Aug. 4, 2014, 5:30 PM
- ACM, ACT, ADM, AEE, AKRX, ALLT, AME, AMSC, ANSS, ARCC, ARCO, ARQL, BCRX, BLMN, CIE, CLDT, CNK, COH, CRZO, CVC, CVS, DWRE, EMR, END, ENZY, EXH, EXLP, EXPD, FE, FUN, GLDD, GTIV, GTXI, HCLP, HCP, HEP, IART, IFF, IIVI, INFI, IT, KWK, LIN, LPX, MDU, MGM, MMP, MSI, MWW, MZOR, NILE, NNN, [[NTi]], NVDQ, NWN, ODP, OXF, OZM, PMC, RBA, REGN, RHP, RIGL, RTI, SCMP, SCOR, SMG, SNSS, SPAR, STE, TDG, VMC, VSI, VTG, WLK, WNR, ZBRA, ZTS
May. 1, 2014, 7:35 AM
Mar. 12, 2014, 12:24 PM
- The National Retail Federation calls on Congress to pass legislation that would require online and remote sellers to collect local and state taxes.
- Top NRF exec David French told a House committee that out-of-state sellers sometimes have a 10% price and market advantage over brick-and-mortar local merchants.
- The Senate already passed legislation that would give each state the right to require sales tax collection, but legal battles have gone both ways. In Illinois, the State Supreme Court invalidated an online tax law.
- Related stocks: AMZN, OSTK, NILE, SALE, ECOM, EBAY.
Feb. 19, 2014, 9:18 AM| Comment!
Feb. 6, 2014, 12:46 PM
NILE vs. ETF Alternatives
Blue Nile Inc is an online retailer of high-quality diamonds and fine jewelry such as engagement and non-engagement products. It offers its products for sale through its website in over 40 countries and territories throughout the world.
Other News & PR