Tue, Feb. 10, 12:45 PM
Tue, Feb. 10, 11:05 AM
- Shares of Blue Niles (NILE -12.7%) plunge after guidance disappoints.
- The company sees Q1 EPS of $0.07-$0.09 vs. $0.11 consensus.
- For the full year, Blue Nile expects revenue of $408M-$505M vs. $523M consensus and EPS of $0.83-$0.95 vs. $1.00 consensus.
- Previously: Blue Nile misses by $0.03, misses on revenue
- Previously: More on Blue Nile's Q4
Tue, Feb. 10, 7:55 AM
- Blue Nile (NASDAQ:NILE) reports U.S. engagement net sales increased 7.9% to $85M.
- U.S. non-engagement net sales rose 6.3% to $48.8M.
- International net sales grew 10.9% to $23.6M.
- Gross margin rate decreased 55 bps to 18.1%.
- Operating margin rate declined 59 bps to 4.35%.
- FQ1 Guidance: Net sales: $107M to $110M; Diluted EPS: $0.07 to $0.09.
- FY2015 Guidance: Net sales: $488M to $505M; Diluted EPS: $0.83 to $0.93.
- Q4 results
Nov. 20, 2014, 12:48 PM
- Shares of Blue Nile (NILE -1.4%) turn lower on heavy volume after a negative article is posted by StreetSweeper.
- The premise of the take is rather simple: Blue Nile's goal of growing its engagement business rapidly won't hold up with women preferring to have stones from brick-and-mortar stores instead of from an online seller.
- Though Blue Nile has pilot physical stores in Rhode Island and Seattle, a broader roll-out of the concept could pile up costs and change the business model.
Feb. 19, 2014, 9:18 AM| Comment!
Feb. 6, 2014, 12:46 PM
Sep. 26, 2013, 10:04 AM
- In a coverage launch for Chinese Internet stocks, Baidu (BIDU +0.7%), Ctrip (CTRP +0.2%), Sohu (SOHU +2.5%) Changyou (CYOU +5.4%), and Dangdang (DANG +8.5%) have been started at Outperform by Credit Suisse.
- Tableau (DATA +0.5%) has been started at Outperform by FBN.
- Cavium (CAVM +1.6%) has been started at Overweight by Morgan Stanley.
- Blue Nile (NILE +4.7%) has been started at Buy by B. Riley.
- Applied Materials (AMAT +0.1%) has been upgraded to Buy by Berenberg two days after the Tokyo Electron deal was announced.
- IT/chip distributors Arrow (ARW) and (AVT +0.2%) have been cut to Neutral by UBS.
- HomeAway (AWAY -3.9%) has been cut to Equalweight by Morgan Stanley.
Sep. 4, 2013, 1:59 PM
- Shares of Zales (ZLC +4.8%) continue to run after the jeweler's FQ4 beat. The stock is up 49.7% since the company announced results on Aug. 28.
- Diamond jewelers Blue Nile (NILE +3%), Tiffany (TIF +1.9%), and Signet (SIG +0.4%) are up on the day as well and are outperforming the broader S&P retail sector (+0.8%).
Feb. 13, 2013, 7:30 AM
Jan. 8, 2013, 8:28 AM
Nov. 27, 2012, 11:51 AM
Aug. 27, 2012, 3:48 PMShares of Zale (ZLC +2.7%) and Blue Nile (NILE +2.5%) get a lift from Tiffany's Q2 results. It's a bit of a curious move as the company's report didn't paint a particularly pretty picture of the sector. On top of that, TIF's jump could be influenced by shorts taking profits off the table as visibility has cleared on the name. | Comment!
Aug. 3, 2012, 8:59 AMShares of Blue Nile (NILE) skyrocket 27.1% premarket after the company beat estimates with its Q2 report. The company's full-year guidance of $0.70-$0.85 came in over the consensus mark of analysts and brings up the question if the company is catching jewelry buyers trading down from higher-priced brick-and-mortar sellers such as SIG, TIF and ZLC. | Comment!
Aug. 2, 2012, 5:21 PM
May. 24, 2012, 9:56 AM
May. 9, 2012, 12:25 PMBlue Nile (NILE +11.7%), hammered following its Q4 report, is rallying strongly after its Q1 report. Though EPS missed estimates, the online diamond seller's in-line sales guidance is better than many feared. Blue Nile expects Q2 revenue of $87M-$91M and EPS of $0.04-$0.10 vs. a consenus of $89.6M and $0.16, and 2012 revenue of $384M-$417M and EPS of $0.70-$0.85 vs. a consensus of $387.6M and $0.75. | Comment!
NILE vs. ETF Alternatives
Blue Nile Inc is an online retailer of high-quality diamonds and fine jewelry such as engagement and non-engagement products. It offers its products for sale through its website in over 40 countries and territories throughout the world.
Other News & PR