There are 3 articles on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
Marketwire (Jul 29, 2014)
Marketwire (Jul 24, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Mar 15, 2013)
at MarketWatch.com (Feb 8, 2012)
at CNBC.com (Jan 6, 2012)
at CNBC.com (Oct 12, 2011)
at CNBC.com (Oct 6, 2011)
at CNBC.com (Sep 15, 2011)
at CNBC.com (Feb 24, 2011)
at CNBC.com (Jun 15, 2010)
Mon, Aug. 18, 10:32 AM
- Drybulk shipping rates continue to move higher, adding to last week's run as iron ore shipments out of Brazil and Australia pick up.
- On Friday, drybulk rates as measured by the Baltic Dry Index rose 7.7%, capping a 31% gain for the week driven by strength across the board but mainly in Capesize and Panamax rates.
- After beginning its ascent on July 23, the BDI has jumped 40%, rising in every session except one.
- Last week, Capesize rates surged 65% to $15,561/day, Panamax rates climbed 29% to $6,397/day, and Supramax rates added 9% to $9,170/day.
- Related drybulk stocks include: DRYS +2%, PRGN +4.1%, DSX +1%, FREE +8.2%, EGLE -2%, NM +2.5%, NMM +0.7%, SBLK +1.1%, SB +1.7%, BALT +2.5%, SHIP -2.1%, DCIX +2.2%.
Thu, Aug. 14, 10:53 AM
- Drybulk shipping rates, as measured by the Baltic Dry Index, surged 8.2% overnight, driven by strength across the board but mainly in capesize and panamax rates.
- Capesize rates jumped 15.7% to $13,677/day, Panamax rates climbed 9.7% to $5,883/day, and Supramax rates rose 1.9% to $9,004/day.
- Related drybulk stocks include: DRYS +2.6%, PRGN +5.8%, DSX +3.9%, FREE +7.9%, EGLE +2.2%, NM +5.6%, NMM +1%, SBLK +6.2%, SB +5.7%, BALT +3.8%, SHIP +0.7%, DCIX flat.
Tue, Jul. 29, 7:35 AM
Mon, Jul. 28, 5:30 PM
- ACI, AET, AGCO, AIXG, AKS, ALLY, AMAG, AMG, ARW, AUDC, AVX, AXE, BP, CARB, CAS, CNX, CPLA, CRS, CVLT, CYNO, DIN, DSX, ECL, ENTG, ETN, ETR, FDP, FIS, FSS, GLT, GLW, GNC, GTI, HCA, HMC, HRS, HW, ICON, IP, IPGP, ITW, KLIC, LVLT, MDC, MDSO, MDXG, MHFI, MLM, MMC, MRK, MSO, NCI, NEE, NLSN, NMM, NOV, NYT, OSK, PCAR, PFE, POR, RAI, RYN, SAVE, SIRI, SNCR, ST, TLM, TRW, UAM, UBS, UBSI, UDR, UPS, UTHR, VSH, WDR, WM, WYNN, XYL, YNDX
Tue, Apr. 29, 8:04 AM| Comment!
Mon, Apr. 28, 5:30 PM
- ABB, AGCO, AIXG, ALR, AMG, ARRY, AXE, BMY, BP, BSX, CARB, CCJ, CHKP, CIT, CMI, CNX, COH, CPLA, CRY, DBD, DDD, DORM, ESV, ETN, FDP, FLWS, FRX, GAS, GEO, GLT, GT, GTLS, HCA, HCBK, HRS, HUN, HW, IPGP, IRWD, KLIC, LG, LKQ, LRN, LYB, MGI, MGLN, MGM, MHFI, MLM, MRK, NMM, NOK, OSK, PCAR, PES, PH, POR, RESI, ROK, RTRX, RYN, S, SAVE, SCOR, SLAB, ST, TRW, UBSI, UDR, UTHR, VAC, VLO, WAT, WDR, WRLD, WWW, XYL.
Mon, Apr. 21, 12:23 PM
- Genco Shipping (GNK) has filed for bankruptcy, Bloomberg reports, as weakness in charter rates for its dry-bulk cargo ships made it difficult for the company to pay its creditors; shares have been halted since the open.
- GNK reportedly listed assets of $2.4B and debt of $1.5B in a Chapter 11 filing.
- Other shippers on the radar: DRYS, PRGN, DSX, FREE, EGLE, NM, NMM, SBLK, KEX, SB, SINO, BALT, ESEA, DCIX, TEU, DAC, SHIP, SSW, GSL.
Thu, Mar. 20, 11:13 AM
- Drybulk shipping rates are up big during past five weeks and rose again overnight.
- The Baltic Dry Index rose 3.2% overnight and has surged 49% since Feb. 12; the BDI has gained in 24 of the last 26 sessions, led by a 211% rise in capesize rates.
- Capesize rates climbed 6.9% (or $1,664/day) overnight to $25,659/day, while panamax rates rose $4/day to $9,019/day and supramax rates added 0.4% ($48/day) to $12,598/day.
- Related drybulk equities include DRYS, GNK, PRGN, DSX, FREE, ULTR, EGLE, NM, NMM, SBLK, KEX, SB, SINO, BALT, SHIP, DCIX.
Tue, Feb. 11, 9:10 AM
Mon, Feb. 10, 4:30 PM| Comment!
Wed, Jan. 29, 7:35 AM| 1 Comment
Wed, Jan. 29, 12:05 AM
Tue, Jan. 28, 5:30 PM
Thu, Jan. 23, 9:41 AM
- Shipping rates fell again overnight, and the Baltic Dry Index is now -44% YTD.
- Overnight, capesize shipping rates declined 19.6% (or -$1,4620 to $11,128/day), panamax rates slipped 4% (or -$219) to $11,710/day, while supramax rates fell 1.8% (or -$94) to $11,721/day.
- YTD, capesize rates -71.5%, panamax rates -20%, supramax rates -23%.
- On watch: DRYS, GNK, PRGN, DSX, FREE, ULTR, EGLE, NM, NMM, SBLK, KEX, SB, SINO, BALT, ESEA, DCIX, TEU, DAC, SHIP, SSW, GSL.
Wed, Jan. 15, 10:35 AM
- Shippers are on the move after dry bulk shipping rates finally show their first gain of the year.
- The Baltic Dry Index shows a four-point increase due to gains in capesize rates, which rose $280 to $13,168/day, while panamax rates fell $54 to $12,534 and supramax rates fell $65 to $12,364/day.
- Before today's gains, the BDI had plunged 40% YTD in its worst start of the year in 30 years.
- FREE +7.4%, EGLE +7.3%, GNK +5.5%, SB +4.3%, DRYS +4.1%, NM +3.4%, SBLK +2.8%, SHIP +2.5%, ESEA +2.3%, PRGN +2.1%, DCIX +2%, GSL +1.9%, NMM +1.3%, DSX +1.3%, DAC +1.1%, KEX +0.8%, ULTR +0.3%, BALT -1%, SINO -0.8%.
Fri, Jan. 10, 9:46 AM
- Capesize dry bulk shipping rates have declined in every session so far in 2014 and were slammed overnight, tanking 27.5% (or -$6,606) to $17,452/day.
- The overall Baltic Dry Index dropped 11% to 1,512; panamax rates fell 1.5% to $12,921/day, and supramax rates rose 0.2% to $12,448/day.
- In early trade: SBLK -2.9%, DRYS -5.1%, DSX -2.5%, GNK -5%, NM -4.3%, PRGN -3.6%, NMM -1.2%, SB -5.4%, EGLE -2.3%, BALT -3.1%.
NMM vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR