Tue, Jun. 23, 10:20 AM
- Northrop Grumman (NOC -0.4%) has announced the launch of a new dual-use tactical grade inertial measurement unit - specially designed for the commercial market.
- The LN-200C is a six-degrees-of-freedom IMU that can be used for a variety of applications, including instrument stabilization, motion compensation and navigation.
Mon, Jun. 22, 10:25 AM
- Northrop Grumman (NOC +0.2%) has been awarded a delivery order from the Defense Microelectronics Activity to deliver an advanced anti-missile system to the Air National Guard and Air Force Reserve Command.
- Under the terms of the $31.7M contract, Northrop will deliver three modernized third-generation pods - based on the company's Guardian system.
Tue, Jun. 16, 3:21 PM
- Lockheed Martin (NYSE:LMT) says it will team up with Raytheon (NYSE:RTN) and Bombardier (OTCPK:BDRAF, OTCQX:BDRBF) to develop a new surveillance and command and control aircraft for a future U.S. Air Force competition and a share of a contract valued at ~$4.3B.
- Jets from General Dynamics' (NYSE:GD) Gulfstream Aerospace unit also are being considered to replace the aging fleet of larger Boeing (NYSE:BA) 707 planes that are becoming too costly to fly in their role of monitoring forces on the ground.
- Northrop (NYSE:NOC) and Boeing also have said they plan to compete for the contract when the Air Force awards a deal, likely in 2016.
Tue, Jun. 2, 8:08 AM
- The U.S. State Department has approved the possible sale to Japan of four E-2D Advanced Hawkeye Airborne Early Warning and Control aircraft built by Northrop Grumman (NYSE:NOC), a deal valued at around $1.7B.
- Congress now has 15 days to block the sale, but such action is rare since sales are carefully assessed with lawmakers before they are formally notified.
Mon, Jun. 1, 9:45 AM| Mon, Jun. 1, 9:45 AM | Comment!
Wed, May 20, 7:40 AM
Tue, May 12, 3:55 PM
- A federal judge reportedly has dismissed a lawsuit filed by Raytheon (NYSE:RTN) to block the U.S. Air Force from revisiting a contract for a long-range radar that was won by RTN and was challenged by rivals Lockheed Martin (NYSE:LMT) and Northrop Grumman (NYSE:NOC).
- RTN is said to have 60 days to appeal the decision by a judge with the U.S. Court of Federal Claims.
- The court's move will allow the Air Force to proceed with a re-evaluation of proposals submitted by all three bidders and potentially reopen the competition.
Tue, May 12, 3:26 PM
- Boeing (BA -0.1%) is not planning big changes in its defense and space business or a major deal if it fails to win a share of upcoming Pentagon weapons contracts potentially worth more than $100B, CEO Jim McNerney tells investors.
- The competition to win deals to build new long-range bombers and jet trainers for the U.S. Air Force, as well as large drones for the Navy, to replace declining sales of fighter jets is viewed by analysts as a must-win for Boeing and its partners in the contest, Lockheed Martin (NYSE:LMT) and Saab (OTC:SAABF); a contract award is expected this summer.
- Wes Bush, McNerney's counterpart at Northrop (NYSE:NOC), also has rejected suggestions that the bomber contest could prompt another round of industry consolidation.
- PDF: Investor presentation
- Earlier: Highlights from Boeing's annual investor conference
Tue, May 12, 9:55 AM
- Northrop Grumman (NOC -0.5%) has been awarded a £28.8M contract by the U.K. Home Office to provide service to the Forensic and Biometric Interim Capability (FABrIC).
- Under the two-year FABrIC contract, a recompete of IDENT1, Northrop will maintain and enhance IDENT1 core software, which provides identity management and crime scene forensic systems.
Wed, Apr. 29, 8:06 AM
- Net income of $484M, or $2.41 per diluted share vs. $579M, or $2.63 per diluted share in the first quarter of 2014.
- The company repurchased 5.3M shares of its common stock for $859M during the quarter. As of March 31, 2015, the company had repurchased 47.5M shares toward its previously announced goal of retiring 60M shares by the end of 2015.
- Total backlog as of March 31 was $38.4B compared with $38.2B a year ago.
- The company also raised its earnings forecast for the full year to a range of $9.40-$9.60 from an earlier range of $9.20-$9.50.
- NOC +2.1% premarket
- Q1 results
Wed, Apr. 29, 7:09 AM
Tue, Apr. 28, 5:30 PM
- ABB, ACCO, ADT, AME, AMED, ANTM, AVY, BC, BEN, BGCP, BOKF, CBG, CCJ, CFR, CRI, CVE, DHX, DX, DXYN, EDR, ETN, EVER, EXC, FCAU, FCH, FDML, FI, FUN, GD, GEL, GIB, GRMN, GRUB, GT, HCBK, HERO, HES, HLT, HOT, HUM, ICON, IDCC, IP, ISSI, LFUS, LINE, LL, LVLT, MA, MDLZ, MTOR, MWV, NEE, NOC, NSC, NYCB, OCR, PCG, PX, Q, RES, ROL, SAIA, SAVE, SLAB, SLGN, SNCR, SO, SPIL, SPR, SPW, TRI, TWX, UMC, VRX, WEX, WM, WOOF
Mon, Apr. 27, 7:09 AM
- Northrop Grumman (NYSE:NOC) announces a new contract to provide gyrocompass navigation systems for 12 Kingston Class coastal defense vessels of the Royal Canadian Navy.
- Northrop's Sperry Marine business unit has also been selected by Maersk (OTCPK:AMKBY) to upgrade radar and ECDIS systems on more than 80 vessels.
Wed, Mar. 25, 8:27 AM
- Northrop Grumman (NYSE:NOC) has been selected by the Royal Canadian Air Force to provide infrared missile protection on its fleet of CH-147F Chinooks.
- The defense company's various infrared countermeasure systems are now installed or scheduled for installation on more than 1,000 military aircraft around the world.
Tue, Mar. 24, 9:26 AM
Thu, Mar. 19, 4:33 PM| Thu, Mar. 19, 4:33 PM | Comment!
NOC vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR