- Norfolk Southern is one of the largest railroads in the US and poised to participate in two of the largest demographic mega trends in world history.
- By 2050, the US population will increase by 100 million. This will ensure strong economic growth and an estimated 35% growth in rail road traffic.
- The global population is estimated to grow by 2 billion by 2050 and require a doubling of current agricultural output.
- The US exports $136 billion of food annually. A doubling of this would result in massive increase in traffic for Norfolk Southern.
- Norfolk Southern has the highest yield of any major railroad and a strong track record of dividend growth.