Fri, Jul. 31, 1:45 PM
- In addition to beating Q2 estimates, Neustar (NSR +4.7%) has guided for 2015 revenue of $1.035B-$1.045B (+7%-8% Y/Y) and EPS of $4.34-$4.51 vs. a consensus of $1.03B and $4.43.
- Lifting the 2015 sales guidance a bit: Neustar has announced it's buying Bombora Technologies, an Australian domain name registry service provider, for A$118.5M ($86.9M). Bombora is expected to contribute $8M in revenue and $1.1M in op. income for Neustar's 2015 results.
- Bombora's services covers the .au, .melbourne, and .sydney top-level domains (TLDs), along with 100+ new TLDs. Neustar's existing domain name services cover .biz, .us, and .co, along with 300+ new TLDs.
- Also: Neustar has appointed Deborah Rieman, the former CEO of Check Point Software, and Paul Ballew, Ford's data/analytics chief, to its board.
- Key numbers: Marketing Services revenue (boosted by analytics service demand) rose 17% Y/Y in Q2 to $40.9M, and security services revenue (boosted by domain name services) 18% to $40.5M. Data services was flat at $49.2M, and number portability (NPAC) services up 6% to $126.2M. Operating expenses rose a modest 3% Y/Y to $172.7M, and $38M was spent on buybacks.
- Q2 results, PR
Thu, Jul. 30, 4:10 PM
Thu, Apr. 30, 1:02 PM
- In addition to beating Q1 estimates, Neustar (NYSE:NSR) has guided for 2015 revenue of $1.02B-$1.04B and EPS of $4.25-$4.51, mostly above a consensus of $1.01B and $4.29.
- A 32% Y/Y increase in security services revenue (to $39.6M) lifted Q1 results, as did a 13% increase in marketing services revenue (to $37.2M). Data services revenue was flat at $48.2M, and number portability (NPAC) revenue rose 6% to $126.4M.
- DNS service demand boosted security revenue, as did last year's .CO Internet acquisition. Analytics service demand is lifting marketing revenue; data services sales are benefiting from higher caller ID service demand, and have been hurt by lower carrier provisioning service revenue.
- Boosting EPS: Operating expenses fell 2% Y/Y to $171.9M in spite of 9% revenue growth. $6.3M was spent on buybacks through a $150M program announced 5 days before the quarter ended.
- Shares are up 41% since the buyback was announced, along with the FCC's expected decision to begin number portability contract talks with Ericsson. They're now within $2 of a 52-week high of $32.74.
- Q1 results, PR
Wed, Apr. 29, 4:10 PM
Tue, Feb. 3, 6:21 PM
- Business service provider Neustar (NYSE:NSR) is up 0.7% after hours after posting a 30% increase in adjusted net income.
- Revenue breakdowns: Marketing Services up 8% to $41.7M; Security Services up 29% to $39.8M.
- For the full year: Adjusted net income rose 10%, to $257.9M, and revenue rose 7% to $963.6M ($147M from Marketing Services; $140.3M from Security Services; $201.4M from Data Services; $474.8M from NPAC Services)
- The company guides for revenue growth of 7% and adjusted EPS growth of 16% in the first half of 2015; "This outlook aligns with the June 30 expiration of the current NPAC (Number Portability Administration Center) contract and, as in prior years, our outlook reflects our visibility into operating performance."
- Press release
- Previously: NeuStar beats by $0.16, misses on revenue (Feb. 03 2015)
Tue, Feb. 3, 4:08 PM
Mon, Feb. 2, 5:35 PM
Oct. 30, 2014, 4:03 PM
Jul. 23, 2014, 4:09 PM
Jul. 22, 2014, 5:35 PM
- AF, AHL, AIZ, ALGT, ALSN, ANGI, ANGO, AVB, AWH, BDN, CA, CAKE, CCI, CHE, CLB, CLGX, CLW, CMRE, CRUS, CSGP, CTXS, EFX, EGHT, ETFC, ETH, FB, FFIV, FLS, FR, FTNT, GGG, GILD, HBI, HWAY, IBKC, ILMN, INFN, KALU, LHO, MAC, MKSI, MSA, NSR, NVEC, NXPI, OHI, OII, ORLY, PLCM, QCOM, QTM, RE, RJF, SFG, SGMO, SKX, SLG, SLM, SUSQ, T, TAL, TCBI, TER, TEX, TILE, TMK, TQNT, TRIP, TSCO, TYL, UMPQ, USTR, VAR, WFT
Apr. 16, 2014, 4:04 PM
Apr. 16, 2014, 12:10 AM
Apr. 15, 2014, 5:35 PM
Jan. 29, 2014, 4:41 PM
Jan. 29, 2014, 12:10 AM| Jan. 29, 2014, 12:10 AM | 5 Comments
Jan. 28, 2014, 5:35 PM| Jan. 28, 2014, 5:35 PM | Comment!
NSR vs. ETF Alternatives
NeuStar Inc is provider of real time information services & data analytics. It operates data registries & delivers actionable, data-driven insights that help clients make business decisions in real time.
Other News & PR