Sep. 4, 2014, 7:42 AM
- Nestle (OTCPK:NSRGY, OTCPK:NSRGF) strikes a deal with French regulators over competing capsules for its Nespresso machines.
- The Swiss company will give four months notice to Nespresso capsule sellers of any technical changes to its machines and make new prototypes available for research.
- New entrants such as Mondelez International and Ethical Coffee have cut into Nestle's dominant share of the capsules for its Nespresso machines.
Aug. 7, 2014, 9:31 AM
Aug. 7, 2014, 6:54 AM
- Nestle (OTCPK:NSRGY, OTCPK:NSRGF) plans to initiate a $8.8B share buyback that will be subject to market conditions and strategic opportunities.
- It will be the company's first buyback program in three years.
- The program will begin this year and run into next year.
- Analysts note that the size of the buyback doesn't take M&A off the table for Nestle.
Jul. 11, 2014, 9:54 AM
- Unilever's (UL -0.2%) sale of Slim Fast confirms the sluggish growth trends being seen by diet food brands.
- Healthy Choice (CAG), Lean Cuisine (NSRGY), Weight Watchers (WTW), and Jenny Craig have all struggled to keep up with expectations.
- What to watch: The push by consumers into healthier foods such as Greek yogurt has marginalized the concept of a "hard diet" based on self-denial. Analysts think the diet category could continue to suffer as a consequence.
Jul. 2, 2014, 3:50 AM
- In another move trimming its food product line, Nestle (NSRGY, NSRGF) has sold Juicy Juice to buyout firm Brynwood Partners for up to $200M. The Swiss giant has been facing heavy competition in its food products sector, and has been selling off businesses having a rough time retaining market share.
- The $7.3B juice market Nestle competes in has been shrinking by about 3% a year since 2011, and annual sales of Juicy Juice have fallen to approximately $275M, from more than $500M seven years ago.
- Nestle is now trying to focus on faster-growing parts of its beverage business, like Nesquik and Coffee-mate.
Jul. 1, 2014, 10:37 AM
- There's a little bit of capitulation in Nestle's (NSRGY, NSRGF) move to sell Coffee-Mate through the Keurig K-Cup ecosystem, say analysts.
- The company's Dolce Gusto system failed to gain steam in the U.S.
- Nestle is also facing pressure in Europe in the coffee market from private-label sellers and the D.E. Master Blenders-Mondelez combination.
Jul. 1, 2014, 7:58 AM
- Food manufacturers continue to dabble with selling products through their own e-commerce sites with a heightened focus on how the industry may evolve in the future.
- L'Oreal (LRLCF), Procter & Gamble (PG), and Nestle (NSRGY, NSRGF) each sell online to consumers in niche areas.
- What to watch: The symbiotic relationship between Amazon and the food industry is a giant wildcard in the mix. Most food companies aren't prepared to sell online at scale.
Jul. 1, 2014, 7:31 AM
Jun. 22, 2014, 12:16 PM
- Nestle (NSRGF) is looking to increase its direct commodity purchases to secure the quality of its goods and supply chain. Currently 670k farmers are under company contract.
- "We want to double the ratio of commodities we buy directly - so not via traders - in the years ahead, especially for coffee and cocoa," says Chairman Peter Brabeck.
- As it faces heavy competition across the globe, Nestle is expanding its international presence. It will soon do more than half of its business with Asia, with China becoming the second most important market to the company after the U.S.
Jun. 19, 2014, 2:12 PM
- Nestle (NSRGY, NSRGF) sees achieving a growth rate of 5% this year, despite starting the period off with a 4.2% rise in Q1.
- Though the sheer size of Nestle makes its trickier to achieve growth, management says the firm will stick with a plan to prune unprofitable brands instead of looking to restructure.
Jun. 16, 2014, 11:51 AM
- Nestle (NSRGY, NSRGF) plans to lean on Nescafe in its pursuit for more growth in global markets.
- Despite a slowdown in North American, the brand still accounts for close to 20% of Nestle's profits on sales of $13.5B and show promise in many Asian markets.
- Fresh marketing from Nestle on the instant coffee products will be aimed at younger consumers.
Jun. 9, 2014, 9:53 AM
- Annie's (BNNY +1.5%) is being teed up by analysts on Wall Street as a potential takeover candidate.
- The company boasts a strong brand in the organic sector, while shares have peeled off 33% YTD due in part to cost pressures.
- Campbell Soup (CPB), Nestle (NSRGY), and General Mills (GIS) all fit the profile of a food giant that could make a run at Annie's.
Jun. 8, 2014, 10:15 AM
- Nestle (NSRGY, NSRGF) is looking to dive into high-end chocolate, as a way to increase growth for its confectionery business. Still, CEO Paul Bulcke describes the move as his "small intimate frustration."
- The question will be if the company will build the business internally, or look for an outside acquisition. Nestle sold $8.39B of chocolate in 2013, about 8% of the group's sales.
- The company has been rapidly expanding its product lines, and Bulcke forecasts the company will be able to achieve 5% organic growth this year.
Jun. 4, 2014, 4:30 PM
May 28, 2014, 3:30 AM
- Nestle (NSRGY, NSRGF) will pay $1.4B for several skin care products from Valeant Pharmaceuticals (VRX). The acquisition will boost its new division of Nestle Skin Health.
- The Swiss giant is looking to expand into the health and medical fields after it faces heavy competition in its core food products business.
May 23, 2014, 11:05 AM
- Wells Fargo analyst John Baumgartner forecasts a continued drop in milk prices after seeing Class I milk peak earlier in the month.
- The news could be a relief for a number of companies (DF, WWAV, SJM, DF, NSRGY, LWAY, DNKN, MCD, SBUX, GIS, HSY, MJN, ADY) which have faced margin pressure over the escalated cost of wholesale milk products.
- Milk price chart
- Related ETF: MOO
NSRGY vs. ETF Alternatives
Nestle S.A. is a holding company which is based in Switzerland. Nestle has the ambition to be the leading Nutrition, Health and Wellness company by offering tastier and healthier products to consumers. Nestle has a unrivalled portfolio of brands and products that are present in the day-to-day... More
Other News & PR