There are no Focus articles on NST.
May. 16, 2014, 5:03 AM
- The White House is considering forcing power plants to cut carbon emissions by 25% over a 15-year period, Bloomberg reports.
- The problem is that owners can only cut so much of a facility's emissions by increasing efficiency, so a lot of the reduction could have to come by "going outside the fence," such as by deepening the use of renewable energy, improving grid efficiency and encouraging customers to use less electricity.
- Trying to compel operators to rely on such external measures could run afoul of what the government is allowed to do under the Clean Air Act.
- ETFs: KOL, XLU, IDU, VPU, RYU, PUI, UPW, FXU, SDP, PSCU, FUTY, UTLT
- Coal Tickers: PCXCQ, BTU, WLT, CNX, ACI, ANR, JRCC, YZC, ARLP, AHGP, NRP, PVR, PVG, PVA, OXF, CLD, WLB, RNO
- Utilities: ED, POM, PEG, FE, NST, UTL, ETR, EXC, D, NU, PCG, DUK
Apr. 5, 2012, 12:07 PMNStar (NST -0.3%) wins final approval for its planned $5B merger with Northeast Utilities (NU -0.2%), gaining the support of the Massachusetts Department of Utilities. The endorsement paves the way for creating of a New England energy giant that will serve 3.5M gas and electric customers. | Comment!
Apr. 5, 2012, 6:57 AM
Jan. 4, 2012, 3:34 PMThe proposed $4.3B merger between Northeast Utilities (NU -1.7%) and Nstar (NST -3.7%) will be reviewed by utility regulators in Connecticut, reversing the state's decision last year not to review the transaction, the Hartford Courant reports. The preliminary decision throws a new barrier in the way of the deal that would create a $17.5B utility, just three months before the deal expires. | Comment!
Nov. 11, 2011, 3:05 PM
Nov. 4, 2011, 6:37 PM
Oct. 18, 2010, 7:37 AM
NSTAR (or the Company) is a holding company engaged through its subsidiaries in the energy delivery business serving approximately 1.4 million customers in Massachusetts, including approximately 1.1 million electric distribution customers in 81 communities and approximately 300,000 natural gas... More
Other News & PR