Thu, Mar. 12, 9:54 AM
- Raymond James has downgraded Garmin (GRMN -2.2%) and Netgear (NTGR -0.9%) to Underperform.
- Regarding Garmin, RJ is worried about a strong dollar, high valuation, and possible estimate cuts. The navigation hardware vendor sold off hard in February due to the soft 2015 guidance provided with mixed Q4 results, and hasn't yet recovered.
- Netgear also sold off last month due to its guidance. Goldman upgraded 3 days ago.
Mon, Mar. 9, 10:51 AM
- Arguing the company's valuation is now more reasonable, Goldman has upgraded Netgear (NASDAQ:NTGR) to Neutral. The firm's target is at $32.
- The Wi-Fi/Ethernet hardware vendor's shares dove last month due to the soft Q1 guidance (blamed on weak service provider demand) accompanying its Q4 beat. They've largely traded in the $30s for the last 3 years.
Thu, Feb. 5, 5:35 PM
Jul. 24, 2014, 5:45 PM
Feb. 6, 2014, 4:20 PM
Nov. 11, 2013, 8:41 AM
- Twitter (TWTR) has been started at Neutral by Sterne Agee. Shares -1.4% premarket after dropping 7% on Friday in the wake of neutral/bearish coverage launches. Shares still +58% from their $26 IPO price.
- Veeva Systems (VEEV) has received four bullish ratings and two neutral ones on underwriter coverage day. Shares +0.6%.
- American Tower (AMT) has been upgraded to Buy by Citi.
- Youku (YOKU) has been upgraded to Buy by Brean ahead of Thursday's Q3 report. Shares +3.1%.
- BT has been upgraded to Overweight by JPMorgan after outbidding Sky for the U.K. TV rights to Champions League games.
- Netgear (NTGR) has been upgraded to Sector Perform by RBC.
- Deutsche Telekom (DTEGY, DTEGF) has been cut to Sell by Goldman after striking a $729M deal to buy wireline carrier GTS Central Europe.
- Lam Research (LRCX) has been cut to Neutral by Susquehanna.
- Diodes (DIOD) has been cut to Outperform from Strong Buy by Raymond James ahead of tomorrow's Q3 report.
Oct. 24, 2013, 5:05 PM
- Netgear (NTGR) shares tumble 7.6% AH after the company beat estimates in Q3 but issued light Q4 guidance.
- Gross margin continued falling to 28.9% from 29.8% in Q2 and 31.6% in Q3 2012.
- Management guides for revenue of $340M-$355M in Q4, well below consensus expectations of $368.7M. Operating margin is seen at 9.5%-10.5%.
- PR, Conference call at 5pm ET
Jul. 26, 2013, 11:14 AMNetgear's (NTGR -9.6%) Q2 results were "solid," RBC Capital says, but downside Q3 revenue guidance prompts the firm to downgrade shares to Underperform with a $27 price target. "The core business is deteriorating and its recently acquired assets are not yet providing the synergistic wins on the carrier side," RBC says, and guidance implies further weakness; Europe, -8% Y/Y, also is weighing. | Comment!
Jun. 26, 2013, 9:41 AMTech ratings change roundup: 1) Mellanox (MLNX +2.7%) has been upgraded to Buy by Stifel. 2) NetGear (NTGR -4.6%) has been downgraded to Sell by Goldman. 3) ARM (ARMH +1.1%) has been upgraded to Buy by Benchmark, and to Overweight by Piper. 4) Rackspace (RAX +5%) has been upgraded to Outperform by Wells Fargo. 5) Splunk (SPLK +1.9%) has been started at Outperform by Wedbush. 6) Allot (ALLT +3.7%) has been upgraded to Outperform by Wedbush, and to Buy by Wunderlich. 7) Rubicon (RBCN -3.3%) has been downgraded to Neutral by JPMorgan. 8) Orbitz (OWW +4.1%) has been started at Buy by Ascendiant Capital. 9) Lam Research (LRCX -1.4%) has been upgraded to Buy by BofA/Merrill. 10) Adobe (ADBE +2.4%) has been upgraded to Buy by Jefferies. | Comment!
Jun. 21, 2013, 10:01 AMNetGear's (NTGR +2.7%) bad news is priced in and its hardware sales will benefit from the adoption of the new 802.11ac Wi-Fi standard, argues Wedbush's Rohit Chopra, who's upgrading shares to Outperform. Chopra also sees the expected launch of 802.11ac-capable iPhones and iPads giving NetGear a boost. Shares still -17% YTD. | Comment!
May. 20, 2013, 11:03 AM
May. 16, 2013, 12:16 PMCisco JV partner EMC (EMC +4.5%) joins the list of companies rallying in response to Cisco's FQ3 beat and guidance. Cisco mentioned on its earnings call integrated hardware solutions such as Vblock (offered by the Cisco/EMC VCE JV) are driving demand for its UCS servers - Cisco's UCS unit saw 77% Y/Y rev. growth. All in all, it's a good day for enterprise IT names, who are happy to receive some good earnings news after getting plenty of bad news (I, II, III, IV). HPQ +1.7%. IBM +1.3%. ORCL +1.3%. VMW +2.6%. TIBX +4.1%. CTXS +3.9%. CRM +3.8%. JIVE +4.1%. NTGR +2.7%. CVLT +2.6%. INFA +3%. (others rallying: I, II) | 1 Comment
Apr. 15, 2013, 5:42 PM
Apr. 15, 2013, 5:08 PMNetgear (NTGR) warns it expects Q1 revenue of $290M-$295M and EPS of $0.45-$0.50, below a consensus of $299.7M and $0.59. The company blames challenges in transitioning its ReadyNAS low-end storage line, which led to soft channel partner shipments and hurt product mix/gross margin. NetGear's announcement comes in the wake of warnings from F5 and Fortinet. Shares are halted. (PR) | Comment!
Feb. 13, 2013, 12:52 PMAruba Networks (ARUN -5.6%) is selling off after Wi-Fi hardware rivals NetGear and Ruckus Wireless provide disappointing calendar Q1 guidance (relative to investor expectations) to go with their Q4 reports (I, II). On its earnings call, NetGear (NTGR -9.5%) blamed its light guidance on weak service provider demand (not everyone is seeing the same) and macro challenges in the U.S. and Europe. Aruba's biggest rival, Cisco, reports after the close. | 1 Comment
Feb. 12, 2013, 5:41 PM
NTGR vs. ETF Alternatives
Netgear Inc is a networking company. Its products include WiFi routers, DSL modems, Hotspots, USB Modems, WiFi adapters & switches. It delivers its networking products to consumers, businesses and service providers.
Other News & PR