Aug. 5, 2014, 12:45 PM
- Cautious overall on small caps (NYSEARCA:IWM) due to valuation concerns, Goldman's David Kostin nevertheless has a list of 25 names with market caps less than $4B which could offer at least 25% upside to his firm's price target over the next year.
- The list skews towards Consumer Discretionary - Lumber Lidquidators (LL +2.1%), Office Depot (ODP -2.4%), RetailMeNot (SALE -26.1%), Ryland (RYL +0.5%), Steven Madden (SHOO +2.7%), Vitamin Shoppe (VSI -8.2%) - and Tech - Universal Display (OLED -0.2%), Qlik Technologies (QLIK -1.6%), Proofpoint (PFPT -1.5%), Polycom (PLCM +0.2%), Nimble Storage (NMBL -0.3%), Marketo (MKTO +1.1%), Infinera (INFN +1.1%), Cornerstone Ondemand (CSOD -0.9%), GT Advanced Technology (GTAT +5.7%).
- Also included are Health Care names: Agios Pharmaceuticals (AGIO -1.1%), NPS Pharma (NPSP +0.7%), NuVasive (NUVA -1.8%), Synageva (GEVA -1.6%); Consumer Staples: Darling Ingredients (DAR -0.8%); Materials: Axiall (AXLL -1%), Boise Cascade (BCC -0.9%); Industrials: Granite Construction (GVA +0.7%), Financials: MGIC Investment (MTG +1.2%), Radian (RDN +1.7%).
Jul. 29, 2014, 6:33 PM
- NuVasive (NUVA -0.1%) Q2 results: Revenue: $190.7M (+15.1%); Gross Profit: $145.8M (+24.6%); Operating Expenses: $141.2M (+20.8%); Net Loss: ($4.1M) (+36.9%); Loss Per Share: ($0.09) (+40.0%); Quick Assets: $247.3M (+0.4%); CF Ops: $48.3M (+49.1%).
- 2014 Guidance: Revenue: ~$745M from ~$725M; loss per share: ($0.38) from ($0.27); non-GAAP EPS: $1.11 from $1.06; non-GAAP operating margin: ~16.5% from ~16%; GAAP tax expense: ~$6.0M from ~$6.5M.
Jul. 29, 2014, 4:37 PM
May 6, 2014, 1:29 PM
- NuVasive (NUVA +0.4%) settles its patent infringement case against Cadwell Laboratories. The company filed the lawsuit in December 2012 asserting Cadwell infringed on its neuromonitoring technology, including the integration of nerve monitoring technology during lateral approach spine surgery. As part of the settlement, Cadwell agrees to exit the lateral spine surgery market and to no longer provide products, services or support for lateral spine surgeries. Also, certain future Cadwell products may be required to openly attribute IP ownership to NuVasive and may include a 5% fee payable to the company.
Apr. 29, 2014, 5:05 PM
Apr. 29, 2014, 4:31 PM
Apr. 28, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ACE, ACHC, ACMP, AEC, AEGN, AFL, ANIK, ARI, AUY, AXS, AZPN, BGFV, BOOM, BXP, CALX, CAP, CEB, CEMP, CHE, CHRW, CLD, CMRE, CNQR, COLM, CRAY, DLB, DNB, DWA, EBAY, EEFT, EIX, EPR, ESRX, EZPW, FARO, FEIC, FISV, GMED, GNW, GPRE, HURN, IPHI, LOGM, MAC, MAR, MEOH, MWA, NANO, NATI, NCR, NDLS, NFX, NUVA, OHI, OI, PNRA, PRXL, REXX, RFMD, RNG, RNR, RPXC, RVBD, SIMG, SKT, SLCA, SM, STR, STX, SWI, TE, THG, TMH, TRLA, TRN, TTS, TWTR, ULTI, USNA, VNR, VPRT, VRSK, WSH, X, XCO.
Apr. 4, 2014, 7:16 AM
- The jury finds for the plaintiff in NMP's suit against NuVasive (NUVA) over the trade name "NeuroVision" and awards it $30M.
- The suit began in September 2009. After losing the first round, NUVA successfully appealed it to the Circuit Court in 2012 which remanded back to the District Court for a new trial and a new judge.
- The company intends to vigorously defend its right to use the trade name and will seek yet another trial if necessary.
Mar. 3, 2014, 4:31 PM
Mar. 3, 2014, 12:10 AM
Mar. 2, 2014, 5:35 PM
Jan. 15, 2014, 9:11 AM
Jan. 15, 2014, 8:48 AM
- NuVasive (NUVA) is out with some preliminary financial results for FY13.
- Revenue for the full year is seen at ~$683M (+10% Y/Y), versus consensus of $670.7M.
- Q4 revenue projected at ~$189M (+14% Y/Y) versus consensus of $176.4M.
- Operating margin should "exceed guidance" for the full year.
- 2014 revenue seen at $725M versus consensus of $711.7M.
- CEO Alex Lukianov is "exceptionally pleased." (PR)
- NUVA +8% premarket
Dec. 20, 2013, 4:58 PM
- NuVasive (NUVA) will expand the workforce at its 35K square foot manufacturing facility by 25% next year.
- The site is "hiring for positions ranging from skilled workers to senior management," NUVA says.
- The move is attributed to the company's desire to "reduce the time from conception of an innovative idea to market introduction" as NUVA "grows revenue toward $1B and beyond." (PR)
Oct. 30, 2013, 3:14 PM
- "Tough comps and persistent ortho headwinds keep expectations tempered, but outlook could prove conservative as [the company is] still positioned to exceed market growth," Jefferies' Raj Denhoy says, regarding NuVasive's (NUVA +21.3%) FY13 guidance.
- Jefferies raises its price target on the shares to $35 from $30.
- Earlier, NUVA raised its adjusted EPS and revenue outlook for the year to $1.14 (from $1) and $670M (from $655M), respectively.
- Q3 results handily beat Street estimates as revenue growth came in at 14% for the period while adjusted net income rose 81% Y/Y. (PR)
Oct. 30, 2013, 12:45 PM
NUVA vs. ETF Alternatives
NuVasive Inc is a medical device company. The Company develops minimally-disruptive surgical products and procedurally-integrated solutions for the spine. Its currently-marketed product portfolio is focused on applications for spine fusion surgery.
Other News & PR