Wed, Apr. 1, 9:13 AM
Jul. 29, 2014, 4:37 PM
Jan. 15, 2014, 9:11 AM
Jan. 15, 2014, 8:48 AM
- NuVasive (NUVA) is out with some preliminary financial results for FY13.
- Revenue for the full year is seen at ~$683M (+10% Y/Y), versus consensus of $670.7M.
- Q4 revenue projected at ~$189M (+14% Y/Y) versus consensus of $176.4M.
- Operating margin should "exceed guidance" for the full year.
- 2014 revenue seen at $725M versus consensus of $711.7M.
- CEO Alex Lukianov is "exceptionally pleased." (PR)
- NUVA +8% premarket
Oct. 30, 2013, 3:14 PM
- "Tough comps and persistent ortho headwinds keep expectations tempered, but outlook could prove conservative as [the company is] still positioned to exceed market growth," Jefferies' Raj Denhoy says, regarding NuVasive's (NUVA +21.3%) FY13 guidance.
- Jefferies raises its price target on the shares to $35 from $30.
- Earlier, NUVA raised its adjusted EPS and revenue outlook for the year to $1.14 (from $1) and $670M (from $655M), respectively.
- Q3 results handily beat Street estimates as revenue growth came in at 14% for the period while adjusted net income rose 81% Y/Y. (PR)
Oct. 30, 2013, 12:45 PM
Oct. 14, 2013, 8:47 AM
- Goldman downgrades NuVasive (NUVA) to Sell.
- Analyst David Roman says "conversations with industry participants" suggest cervical spinal implants (which represent 10-12% of NUVA's sales) could be pressured going forward even as "lumbar fusion insurer pushback seems to have eased."
- Furthermore, Roman notes that "the ongoing OIG investigation into NUVA's CMS reimbursement filings is ... a risk that is hard to quantify."
- Price target cut to $22 (from $25) representing a 16% discount to Friday's close.
- NUVA -2.7% premarket (light volume).
Jul. 31, 2013, 3:31 PM
- NuVasive (NUVA -13.6%) slides today as news of a federal subpoena casts uncertainty over the maker of spinal medical devices.
- NUVA beat the Street's Q2 revenue estimates, but the company disclosed late yesterday a "broad" subpoena by Medicare and Medicaid's IG office regarding potentially false claims.
- SA contributor Stephen Simpson says that although the subpoena puts blood in the water for the shorts, the company faces bigger challenges from a competitive pricing environment, which could stymie ambitious growth plans.
- Canaccord agrees, saying that NUVA has overcome salesforce churn and heavier competition, but still has to prove itself in a tough environment for health-care companies.
- Barclays adds that the company remains challenged by "difficult spine-market dynamics," as well as other factors.
Feb. 26, 2013, 4:32 PM
Jan. 11, 2013, 10:39 AM
Jan. 9, 2013, 9:50 AMNuVasive (NUVA) jumps 11.7% after disclosing that preliminary 2012 revenues climbed 15% to $619M, above previous guidance of $601-606M and analyst consensus of $604.4M. NuVasive expects 2013 sales of $655M vs Street forecasts of $638.16M. "We anticipate that our market share taking strategy and momentum can be sustained in 2013," says CEO Alex Lukianov, who's due to present at the JPM Healthcare conference today. (PR) | Comment!
Jan. 9, 2013, 9:10 AM
Oct. 24, 2012, 2:48 PMNuVasive (NUVA +13%) moves up after beating on its Q3 bottom and top line numbers today. The company lowers guidance going forward, now expecting FY12 revenue of between $601M to $606M on earnings of $0.88 to $0.90 per share. However, the company also noted that it's aggressively moving to replenish its diminished salesforce that led to flat third-quarter sales growth in its spinal division. | 1 Comment
Oct. 4, 2012, 3:41 PMA host of Wall Street firms weigh in on NuVasive (NUVA -34%), cutting their ratings after the company lowered its Q3 revenue outlook late yesterday. Barclay's downgrades the shares to Equalweight, JMP to Market Perform, First Analysis to Equal Weight, Summer Street to Neutral, BMO and RBC to Underperform, and Well Fargo to Market Perform. Wells also also hacked it's price target range on the shares to $15 - $16 from $29 - $31. | 1 Comment
Oct. 4, 2012, 12:45 PM
Oct. 4, 2012, 9:10 AM
NUVA vs. ETF Alternatives
NuVasive Inc is a medical device company. The Company develops minimally-disruptive surgical products and procedurally-integrated solutions for the spine. Its currently-marketed product portfolio is focused on applications for spine fusion surgery.
Other News & PR