Novogen Ltd., is engaged in pharmaceutical drug development. It develops single drug capable of killing both the dominant differentiated cells in a cancer as well as the undifferentiated cancer stem cells at a therapeutic dose.
Tuesday, Nov 262013, 9:34 AM|Tuesday, Nov 262013, 9:34 AM| Comment!
Monday, Nov 252013, 8:35 AM
Monday, Nov 252013, 8:35 AM| Comment!
- Novogen (NVGN) trades higher by 15% premarket.
- The company says Trilexium (a lead drug candidate from subsidiary CanTx), "is highly effective at destroying ovarian cancer spheroid architecture."
- Essentially, researchers isolated ovarian cancer stem cells, let them form self-renewing spheroids, then injected the spheroids into mice.
- Here's what the researchers had to say: "Trilexium is the first drug in our hands that has been shown to penetrate and destroy the spheroid architecture. This observation demonstrates that Trilexium can diffuse into the spheroid and gives us confidence that it should be able to kill ovarian cancer tumors in vivo." (6-K)
Thursday, Nov 142013, 12:45 PM|Thursday, Nov 142013, 12:45 PM| Comment!
Thursday, Nov 142013, 8:18 AM
Thursday, Nov 142013, 8:18 AM| 2 Comments
- Shares of Novogen (NVGN) rally 24% premarket.
- The move may be attributable to what the company calls an "important discovery" in the fight against genetic and degenerative disorders.
- NVGN says its scientists "came to suspect that the action of [the company's] drugs is not so much the fact that the stem cells are cancerous, but that they are behaving abnormally."
- Building on this, NVGN began a "pilot study looking into [the drugs'] effect on abnormal stem cells responsible for causing degenerative diseases."
- In short, the company says "early data completely supports" its hypothesis. (PR)
Monday, Nov 42013, 12:16 PM
Monday, Nov 42013, 12:16 PM| Comment!
- Novogen (NVGN +11.2%) posts double-digit gains on above-average volume with no readily apparent catalyst to explain the move.
- The shares skyrocketed in mid-October after SA contributor Small-Cap Momentum Advisors predicted a buyout.
- Also on the move in the biotech space is Zalicus (ZLCS -10.3%).
- The shares are off sharply after the company reported Q3 results.
- Notably, ZLCS says top-line data from two Z160 trials is still expected in Q4 and the company intends to start a Phase 2 trial of Z944 "in an appropriate pain indication with a modified release formulation ... next year." (PR)
Monday, Oct 282013, 9:12 AM
Friday, Oct 252013, 12:45 PM|Friday, Oct 252013, 12:45 PM| 1 Comment
Wednesday, Oct 162013, 9:31 AM
Tuesday, Oct 152013, 1:46 PM
Tuesday, Oct 152013, 1:46 PM| Comment!
- After rallying 20% before the bell, shares of Novogen (NVGN +59.6%) have put together a remarkable rally.
- Also of note is the volume behind the move. 2M shares have traded hands thus far — the stock's 10-day average volume is just 33K.
- Earlier: NVGN jumps after bullish article predicts cancer drug partnership.
Tuesday, Oct 152013, 12:45 PM
Tuesday, Oct 152013, 9:16 AM
Tuesday, Oct 152013, 9:16 AM| Comment!
- Novogen (NVGN) is up some 20% in premarket trading.
- The move looks to be attributable to an article by SA contributor Small-Cap Momentum Advisors, who calls the stock "the most exciting opportunity ... in the biotech sector in years."
- Long story short, the author cites a "hidden jewel" in the company's annual report which he says suggests "that a major pharmaceutical company with an extensive background in ovarian cancer treatment ... may partner with NVGN."
- "This news could hit the tape at any moment," the author adds.
Tuesday, Oct 152013, 9:12 AM
Wednesday, Jul 32013, 9:05 AMAustralian firm Novogen (NVGN) has secured up to $5M of funding from a "sophisticated U.S.-based institutional investor," which the WSJ has identified as Hudson Bay Capital Management. Under the deal, Hudson is buying up to five interest-free convertible securities and will make the first $1M investment immediately. Novogen's lead drug candidate is CS-6 for treating ovarian and late-stage brain cancer. Shares surge 26%. |Wednesday, Jul 32013, 9:05 AM| Comment!
Friday, Jun 212013, 12:45 PMMidday top 10 gainers: ORMP +36%. USMD +28%. NVGN +20%. UAMY +19%. CYTK +19%. SPRD +17%. IMMU +17%. OSIS +13%. INPH +13%. HWAY +13%.
Midday top 10 Losers: IDIX -34%. BPAX -18%. PMC -17%. EBIX -17%. ELP -15%. CLNT -15%. NBG -9%. ORCL -9%. EDMC -9%. DSS -9%. |Friday, Jun 212013, 12:45 PM| 2 Comments
Friday, Jun 212013, 9:10 AM
Thursday, Jun 202013, 12:45 PM
Instablogs are blogs which are instantly set up and networked within the Seeking Alpha community. Instablog posts are not selected, edited or screened by Seeking Alpha editors, in contrast to contributors' articles.