SA News • Aug. 13, 2013
There are no Focus articles on NXZ.
There are no Transcripts on NXZ.
Aug. 13, 2013, 12:44 PM
- Tumbling Treasury prices - with TLT carving out a new 52-week low today - are again hitting income favorites.
- Leading mREITs (REM -1.4%) lower are Invesco (IVR -3.3%), Annaly (NLY -2.3%), American Capital (AGNC -2%), and Western Asset (WMC -1.6%).
- A number of income CEFs not long ago were so much in favor they commanded large premiums to NAV. They're now at seemingly growing-by-the-day discounts. Among the movers today is the Pimco Dynamic Income Fund (PDI -1.4%) selling for $27.45 against yesterday's closing NAV of $30.23. Others include: PCI, PFN, and PFL.
- Still trading at premiums to NAV are the Pimco High Income Fund (PHK -0.9%) and the Pimco Corporate & Income Fund (PTY -1.1%).
- Municipals (MUB -0.6%) slip as well, hitting Muni CEFs: NXZ -0.9%, IIM -1.2%, VKQ -0.7%.
- Related ETFs: MORT, MORL, SUB, MUNI, PVI, PZA, SHM, TFI, VRD, HYD, ITM, MLN, PRB, SMB, GMMB, SMMU, RVNU, NY .
NXZ vs. ETF Alternatives
Nuveen Dividend Advantage Muni Fund 2 invests in municipal securities that are exempt from federal income taxes. The Company's investment objective is to provide current income exempt from regular federal income tax and to enhance portfolio value.
Other News & PR