5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
There are 2 articles on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
Business Wire (Feb 25, 2014)
Business Wire (Feb 19, 2014)
NYCB vs. ETF Alternatives
Friday, Feb 712:41 PM
Friday, Feb 712:41 PM| 2 Comments
- Liquidity is becoming an issue at many community and regional banks, says Sterne Agee's Matthew Kelley, noting growing loan-to-deposit ratios. Bank runs are not the worry, but keeping loan pipelines well funded is, and a number of smaller players could be acquisition targets for lenders looking to boost deposits.
- Kelley's list of 12 possibilities in the Northeast: Westfield Financial (WFD +0.1%), Century Bancorp (CNBKA -0.9%), Hudson Valley Holding (HVB +0.1%), Republic First (FRBK +1%), Metro Bancorp (METR +0.4%), Suffolk Bancorp (SUBK +3.3%), Citizens and Northern (CZNC +0.3%), Sun Bancorp (SNBC), First Niagara (FNFG +1.7%), Orrstown Financial (ORRF +0.4%), Camden National (CAC +0.5%), Cambridge Bancorp (CATC +0.2%).
- Under pressure to raise deposits? Susquehanna Bancshares (SUSQ -0.6%) - whose loan-to-deposit ratio rose to 105.5% in Q4 from 102.5% a year earlier. Investors Bancorp (ISBC) with a ratio of 120%, New York Community Bancorp (NYCB), Astoria Financial (AF +0.8%), and People's United (PBCT +0.2%).
Thursday, Jan 308:28 AM
Thursday, Jan 308:28 AM| Comment!
- KBW cashes in its chips on New York Community Bancorp (NYCB) following yesterday's earnings, downgrading the stock from Outperform to Market Perform.
- On the earnings call (transcript), KBW's Collyn Gilbert's initial question notes the loan pipeline stood at just $2.4B at the end of Q4 vs. about $4B a year earlier. Management responds that it's happy with recent results and expectations of high single-digit growth for this year could end up being conservative. "The market is very strong, Collyn," says CEO Joseph Ficalora, "And not only will we have growth, but other lenders in this market will have growth."
- Shares -1% premarket
Wednesday, Jan 299:55 AM
Wednesday, Jan 299:55 AM| Comment!
- Net interest income of $297.3M up $3.1M from Q3 and $7.3M from a year ago. NIM of 2.92% is off 12 basis points from Q3 and 23 bps from a year ago, yet NII gained thanks to $33M of prepayment income - reflecting "particularly robust" activity in multi-family loans even as residential mortgage lending slides. Multi-family loans up 11.3% Y/Y.
- For the full year, multi-family originations of $7.4B rose 28.1% from 2012.
- Noninterest income of $38.8M fell $11.9M from Q3 and $16.7M from a year ago, with mortgage banking income of just $12.8M compared to $16.2M and $32.6M in the earlier periods.
- Noninterest expense of $149.5M fell $853K from Q3 and $5.1M from a year ago.
- CC started at 9:30.
- Press release, Q4 results
- NYCB -2.2%
Wednesday, Jan 298:04 AM
Wednesday, Jan 2912:05 AM
Tuesday, Jan 285:30 PM
Wednesday, Dec 42013, 9:05 AM
Wednesday, Oct 232013, 8:20 AM
Wednesday, Oct 232013, 8:20 AM| Comment!
- Net interest income of $294.2M is off $5.7M from Q2, with net interest margin falling to 3.04% from 3.15%. Rising rates led to lower commercial refinances and lower prepayment penalties - they fell to $39.6M from $44.4M.
- Noninterest income of $50.7M fell $3M from Q2, led by a $7M decline in mortgage banking income to $16.2M. Originations income of $5.8M was off 65.9%. Higher rates make servicing more valuable though, and servicing income rose to $10.4M from $6.1M.
- Noninterest expense of $150.3M fell $1.3M from Q2.
- While single-family mortgage business got sluggish, multi-family action was robust, with those loans representing 77.6% of the $3.4B in loans produced for investment in Q3 - the largest volume of multi-family loans ever done in one quarter.
- Conference call at 9:30 ET.
- Q3 results, press release.
- NYCB unchanged premarket.
Wednesday, Oct 232013, 8:05 AM
Wednesday, Oct 232013, 12:05 AM|Wednesday, Oct 232013, 12:05 AM| Comment!
Tuesday, Oct 222013, 5:30 PM|Tuesday, Oct 222013, 5:30 PM| Comment!
Wednesday, Jul 242013, 8:17 AMMore on New York Community Bancorp (NYCB) Q2 earnings: NIM gains 20 bps in the quarter to 3.15%, driven by record prepayment income of $44.4M (prepayment penalties driven by heavy refi activity). Loan originations of $2.4B vs. $1.9B a year ago. Multi-family loans of $1.4B vs. $1.3B and commercial loans of $670.3M vs. $530M. Non-performing, non-covered assets falls to $251.6M from $290.6M a year ago. CC at 9 ET. (PR) |Wednesday, Jul 242013, 8:17 AM| Comment!
Wednesday, Jul 242013, 8:02 AM
Wednesday, Jul 242013, 12:05 AMNotable earnings before Wednesday’s open: ABC, AOS, ARMH, ARW, ATI, BA, CAT, CFR, CKSW, CP, CVE, DAL, DPS, ECA, ELN, EMC, EVR, F, GD, GNTX, ICON, LAD, LCC, LL, LLY, MCO, MDCO, MSA, MSI, MTH, NDAQ, NOC, NOR, NYCB, OC, OCR, PCH, PEP, PLD, PVR, PX, RAI, RCI, RDN, RES, RLGY, SAVE, STX, TEL, TMO, TROW, TUP, WLP, WYN |Wednesday, Jul 242013, 12:05 AM| Comment!
Tuesday, Jul 232013, 5:30 PMNotable earnings before Wednesday’s open: ABC, AOS, ARMH, ARW, ATI, BA, CAT, CFR, CKSW, CP, CVE, DAL, DPS, ECA, ELN, EMC, EVR, F, GD, GNTX, ICON, LAD, LCC, LL, LLY, MCO, MDCO, MSA, MSI, MTH, NDAQ, NOC, NOR, NYCB, OC, OCR, PCH, PEP, PLD, PVR, PX, RAI, RCI, RDN, RES, RLGY, SAVE, STX, TEL, TMO, TROW, TUP, WLP, WYN |Tuesday, Jul 232013, 5:30 PM| Comment!
Wednesday, Jul 102013, 1:22 PMIf you've got to buy a bank, says KBW's Chris Mutascio, make it JPMorgan (JPM) for its relative undervaluation, but the banking sector (KBE -1.4%) overall is overvalued. The recent run-up in regional shares (KRE -1.2%) on the belief they stand to benefit most from higher rates is particularly misguided, he says. Banks are far more levered to short rates which haven't budged. Bullet-proof of late, regionals are being sold today: Huntington (HBAN -3.1%), New York Community (NYCB -1.1%), BB&T (BBT -1.1%), PNC Financial (PNC -2.8%), First Niagara (FNFG -2.5%), Synovus (SNV -3.4%), People's (PBCT -1.6%), Comerica (CMA -2.7%), U.S. Bancorp (USB -1%). |Wednesday, Jul 102013, 1:22 PM| 3 Comments