Wed, Mar. 25, 9:52 AM
- Orbital ATK (OA -2.6%) is lower today on the downgrade, but ahead by more than 20% in a little more than a month since the merger.
- Related: Orbital ATK: Now It's Just A Matter Of Rocket Science (Feb. 11)
Tue, Mar. 24, 3:23 PM
- Up to three Joint Polar Satellite Systems spacecraft will be delivered by Orbital ATK (OA) under the $470M contract, which includes a firm order for the first satellite for $253M, and options for two others for $217M.
- "The JPSS satellites will be built on the company's LEOStar-3 platform, a medium-class low-altitude-orbit spacecraft that is used for NASAs Fermi and Swift gamma-ray astrophysics satellites and its Landsat-8 and ICESat-2 Earth science satellites as well as for commercial imaging and defense missions," says the company.
- Source: Press Release
Fri, Mar. 13, 9:14 AM
- Orbital ATK (NYSE:OA) expects to complete an investigation into the Oct. 28 explosion of its Antares rocket by the end of March, said David Thompson, Orbital's chief executive.
- The company last month said the "accident investigation board," which includes officials from NASA and the FAA, had identified a number of credible causes for the explosion, including the possible presence of foreign object debris in the rocket's engine.
- Previously: Orbital Sciences unmanned rocket blows up on liftoff (Oct. 28 2014)
Thu, Mar. 12, 12:35 PM
Thu, Mar. 12, 10:07 AM
- Orbital ATK (OA +1.2%) has received a U.S. DoD Foreign Military Sale contract to modify existing Cessna C-208B Caravan Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance aircraft for the Lebanese Air Force.
- The company originally incorporated electro-optical sensor, communications and aircraft self-protection equipment into the aircraft and will now add strike capability utilizing Hellfire missiles.
Mon, Mar. 9, 8:58 AM
- Orbital ATK (NYSE:OA) has signed a $120M contract with the U.S. Army for additional production of the Precision Guidance Kit for 155mm artillery.
- Deliveries of the guidance fuzes are scheduled to begin in early 2016 without a production break from the low rate initial production which began this past January.
Wed, Feb. 25, 9:04 AM
- The UAE armed forces will buy defense equipment and maintenance contracts worth 2.53B dirhams ($689.9M), government spokesman Obaid al-Ketbi announced today at the International Defense Exhibition and Conference.
- While the largest order was placed with Abu Dhabi-based AMMROC, Orbital ATK (NYSE:OA) also received a slice of the pie, with the 192M dirhams ($52.27M) purchase and installation of sensor systems.
Fri, Feb. 20, 9:12 AM
- The U.S. Navy has awarded Orbital ATK (NYSE:OA) a $30M production contract for the manufacturing of the AAR-47 Missile Warning System.
- The award encompasses production of new assemblies as well as options for retrofitting weapon-replaceable assembly upgrades and delivery of the company's Countermeasures Signals Simulator.
Wed, Feb. 18, 9:46 AM
- Orbital ATK (OA +1.5%) has begun production of advanced composite primary structures, including center and aft fuselages, for Boeing's 787 Dreamliner at its Freeport Composites Center in Utah.
- The company will begin shipping the components in the first half of 2015 and will reach full production rates in 2018.
Wed, Feb. 18, 8:58 AM
- As a step toward providing allied nations with weapons, the U.S. government has established a policy that will permit the widespread export of armed drones for the first time.
- Under the new rules, foreign governments' requests for drones will be examined on a case-by-case basis, while recipient nations must agree to certain "end-use assurances."
- To date, the U.S. has sold its armed drones only to Britain. Unarmed military drones, used primarily for intelligence, have been sold to several countries, including France and Italy.
- The shift in policy comes just days after the FAA proposed rules that would lift some restrictions on drones for commercial use.
- Related stocks: AVAV, NOC, TXT, LMT, LLL, RTN, BA, SAIC, GD, OA, COL, UTX
Wed, Jan. 28, 4:38 PM| 2 Comments
Tue, Jan. 27, 5:35 PM| 4 Comments
Tue, Jan. 27, 11:08 AM
- At a special meeting held this morning, Orbital Sciences' (ORB -1.5%) stockholders voted to approve the proposed merger with the Aerospace and Defense Groups of Alliant Techsystems (ATK -1.2%).
- As a result of the merger, shares of Orbital common stock are expected to be delisted after the close of trading on Feb. 9. Each Orbital share will be converted into 0.449 shares of common stock of ATK, with cash paid in lieu of fractional shares.
- ATK will be renamed Orbital ATK and shares of the new entity will trade under the ticker symbol "OA" on the NYSE beginning Feb. 10.
Thu, Jan. 22, 4:24 PM
Wed, Jan. 7, 8:39 AM
- Alliant Techsystems' (NYSE:ATK) Board has established the distribution ratio to ATK stockholders for the previously announced spin-off of its sporting group Vista Outdoor.
- On the closing date, ATK stockholders will receive two shares of Vista Outdoor common stock for every one share of ATK common stock they hold.
- Upon the completion of the spin-off, ATK's Aerospace and Defense Groups will merge with Orbital Sciences (NYSE:ORB).
Dec. 23, 2014, 2:34 PM
- Alliant Techsystems (ATK +0.1%) and NASA have announced an agreement to support near-term core technologies for satellite life extension, robotic satellite repair, and satellite refueling.
- The deal will allow ATK's Space Systems Division and NASA to collaborate on technologies and new product development that meet the needs of the emerging satellite servicing and space logistics industry.
OA vs. ETF Alternatives
Orbital ATK Inc designs, builds & delivers space, defense & aviation-related systems as a contractor & as a merchant supplier. Its main products include launch vehicles & related propulsion systems; satellites & associated components & services; & others.
Other News & PR