Thu, Feb. 12, 7:07 AM
Nov. 7, 2014, 9:39 AM
Oct. 20, 2014, 10:43 AM
Oct. 15, 2014, 7:50 AM
- Advanced Cell Technology (OTCQB:ACTC) announces that Phase 1/2 clinical data for the company's Retinal Pigment Epithelium (RPE) cells for the treatment of Stargardt's macular degeneration (SMD) and dry age-related macular degeneration (AMD) has been published online in The Lancet.
- The data from 18 patients with at least six months of post-transplant follow-up show a favorable safety profile. Also, 13 of the 18 patients exhibited increased pigmentation in the RPE layer after transplantation.
- The SMD and AMD clinical trials are designed to assess the safety and tolerability of human embryonic stem cell-derived RPE cells following sub-retinal transplantion into patients at 12 months, the studies' primary endpoint.
- Related ticker: (NASDAQ:STEM)
Oct. 14, 2014, 5:18 PM
Sep. 25, 2014, 10:01 AM
- Advanced Cell Technology (OTCQB:ACTCD -0.3%) reports that the final patient has been treated in the UK-based Phase 1 clinical trial evaluating the safety and tolerability of the company's RPE cell therapy following sub-retinal implantation in patients with Stargardt's macular degeneration (SMD).
- To date, no cell- or immune-related adverse events have been reported in any of the patients.
- The company is working with U.S. and European regulators to commence a Phase 2 trial to assess the safety and efficacy of RPE cell therapy in patients with SMD as well as dry age-related macular degeneration.
Aug. 27, 2014, 5:56 PM
- Going forward, there will be one share of Advanced Cell Technology (OTCQB:ACTC) for every 100 shares that previously existed. CFO/COO Ted Myles says the move is "part of a larger strategy to up-list to a national stock exchange and to raise awareness and visibility with fundamental-based, institutional biotech investors."
- ACTC closed today at $0.08. Nonetheless, its market cap stood at $274.1M.
Jul. 3, 2014, 9:24 AM
- Advanced Cell Technology (ACTC) enters into a $30M common stock purchase agreement with Lincoln Park Capital Fund LLC. Under the terms of the agreement, after the SEC declares its registration statement effective, ACTC will have the right to sell up to $30M worth of common shares to LPC over a 36-month period. The company issued common shares to LPC as payment for its commitment fee.
Jun. 24, 2014, 11:17 AM| 2 Comments
Jun. 24, 2014, 10:04 AM
- Advanced Cell Technology (ACTC +1.2%) hires Paul Wotton, Ph.D., as its President & CEO effective July 21. He joins the company from Antares Pharma where he was also Chief Executive.
- Dr. Wotton will earn a base salary of $575,000 plus a cash incentive bonus of up to $316,250. In additional he will receive options to purchase 30M shares of common stock, stock unit awards equaling 30M shares of common stock and $50,000 for relocation expenses.
- If his employment is terminated without cause or if he quits for good reason, he will receive a lump sum payment equal to his base salary plus unpaid expenses and vacation. If he signs a release of all claims against the company, he will be eligible for an additional lump sum payment equal to a year's salary plus unpaid incentive compensation plus 12 months or COBRA payments plus accelerated vesting of any unvested equity awards that are scheduled to vest within one year of his termination.
- If he is terminated without cause or he quits for good reason within 12 months after a change in control, he will receive a lump sum payment equal to two years' base salary plus unpaid incentive comp plus COBRA plus accelerated vesting of 100% of all outstanding equity incentive awards (contingent on a claims release).
Jun. 6, 2014, 9:21 AM
- Advanced Cell Technology (ACTC) settles the lawsuit brought against the company by Gary Aronson and John Gorton in 2011 claiming the company breached an anti-dilution provision in the warrants held by the two men as a result of certain transactions between the company and other third-party investors.
- Pursuant to the settlement, the company will issue Aronson 269,766,667 shares of ACTC common stock. It will issue Gorton 33,133,333 shares of common stock.
- As compensation for legal fees, it will issue 68,266,667 shares of common stock to the attorneys for Aronson (Herron), 8,533,333 to the attorneys for Gorton (Miller/Steele) and 4,300,000 shares to another attorney that represented both men (Bourke).
May. 5, 2014, 4:33 PM
- Debt holders notify Advanced Cell Technology (ACTC +2.3%) that the remaining principal on the Senior Convertible Notes due June 30, 2015 is immediately due and payable.
- The Note holders notified the company on April 15 that it was in default of the debt due to its failure to deliver shares of common stock issuable to them.
Apr. 21, 2014, 5:38 PM
- Holders of the Senior Secured Convertible Notes due June 30, 2015 send Advanced Cell Technology (ACTC) a notification of default citing the firm's failure to deliver shares of common stock to them within three days of a conversion event. The Event of Default gives the Note holders the right to the immediate repayment of the $1.2M balance.
- The Notes were issued as part of a settlement agreement among the parties consummated on January 11, 2013 whereby the company granted a security interest in virtually all of the company's assets as a condition of the financing.
Mar. 14, 2013, 8:45 AMAdvanced Cell Technology (ACTC.OB) receives approval from an independent Data & Safety Monitoring Board to proceed with the next stage of three stem cell studies in the U.S. and Europe in people with the vision disorders Stargardts Macular Dystrophy and dry age-related macular degeneration. The two trials in the U.S. can include patients with better vision than previously allowed. (PR) | 5 Comments
OCAT vs. ETF Alternatives
Ocata Therapeutics Inc is a clinical stage biotechnology company in development & commercialization of Regenerative Ophthalmology therapeutics for Stargardt's macular degeneration, dry age-related macular degeneration, & myopic macular degeneration.
Other News & PR