Wed, Jul. 1, 10:10 AM
- It was earlier reported that Puerto Rico's power authority was planning on making its $416M debt payments due today, and the utility says the payments have indeed been made.
- Popular (BPOP +5.2%), First Bancorp (FBP +2.9%), OFG Bancorp (OFG +2.5%)
- Previously: PREPA reportedly reaches deal to cover debt payment (July 1)
Tue, Jun. 30, 12:47 PM
Mon, Jun. 29, 10:15 AM
- Popular (BPOP -7.5%), First Bancorp (FBP -8.1%), and OFG Bancorp (OFG -5.9%) following a weekend interview in which Puerto Rico Governor Alejandro Garcia Padilla said the Commonwealth cannot pay its debts. He's expected this week to lay out a plan to defer payments while a deal is worked out with creditors.
- Guggenheim pulls its Buy ratings on Popular and First Bancorp.
- Previously: Bond insurers tumble as Puerto Rico heads to default (June 29)
- Previously: Longtime bull throws in the towel on MBIA, Assured Guaranty (June 29)
Mon, Mar. 2, 9:44 AM
- Popular (BPOP +1.7%) and First BanCorp (FBP +1.1%) are "major winners" from the closing of Doral Financial, says Sterne Agee's Brett Rabatin, and weekend deals to take over Doral assets could add $1 per share to BPOP's tangible book value.
- The shutdown of Doral, says Rabatin, should give investors confidence steps are being taken to improve the banking climate on the island. The space, he says, is highly value-oriented and underappreciated. BPOP, FBP, and OFG Bancorp (NYSE:OFG) are all buy-rated, with BPOP Rabatin's island favorite.
- BPOP's slide deck on the Doral acquisition
- Previously: Doral Financial taken over by FDIC (Feb. 27)
Dec. 2, 2014, 6:20 PM
- IPG Photonics (NASDAQ:IPGP) and TreeHouse Foods (NYSE:THS) will join the S&P MidCap 400 following the Dec. 9 close. The companies are replacing soon-to-be-acquired Compuware and Conversant.
- OFG Bancorp (NYSE:OFG) will be taking TreeHouse's place in the S&P SmallCap 600.
- IPGP +2.9% AH. THS +1.3%. OFG +3%.
Sep. 17, 2013, 5:36 PM
Sep. 5, 2013, 5:39 PM
OFG vs. ETF Alternatives
OFG Bancorp through its subsidiaries provides commercial, consumer & mortgage lending, leasing, auto loans, financial planning, insurance sales, money management & investment banking, brokerage services; & corporate & individual trust services.
Other News & PR