SA News • Mon, Nov. 24
Be smarter and faster with PRO Alerts on OGEN
There is research on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
- Oragenics reported Q3 earnings earlier this week.
- I reiterate my bull thesis on Oragenics. At these low price levels, the company remains a great speculative, long-term play.
- As expected, Oragenics remains on track to achieve IND filing for Mu1140 next year. The Q3 earnings report corroborates this position.
- Oragenics announced yesterday the resignation of CEO John Bonfiglio.
- I reiterate my bull thesis on Oragenics.
- I didn't anticipate the CEO's resignation in my initial report. Nevertheless, shares should trade higher as it advances Mu1140 in collaboration with Intrexon, with IND filing expected in 2015.
- Oragenics is an emerging biopharmaceutical company listed on the NYSE MKT.
- It is advancing the lantibiotic Mu1140 in collaboration with Intrexon, and anticipates IND filing in 2015.
- In order to gain more insight on this opportunity, I conducted an interview with Dr. John Bonfiglio, CEO and Director of Oragenics.
Update: Oragenics Earnings - Slow Q2 Revenue Growth Supports Restructuring
- Oragenics reported earnings for Q2 on August 7, 2014.
- I reiterate my bull thesis on Oragenics in the wake of continued development of Mu1140, and a strong cash position to sustain R&D through March, 2015.
- I anticipated the company's latest efforts to reallocate resources to bolster the development of Mu1140, as well as its probiotic program. The latest earnings report corroborates this position.
The Bull Case For Oragenics: Buy The 30% Discount, Hold For Long-Term Success Of The Lantibiotic Program
- Oragenics is an emerging micro cap biopharmaceutical company listed on the NYSE.
- Its novel lantibiotic therapies, most notably Mu1140, could have a profound impact on patients suffering from Hospital Associated Infections.
- Evora (ProBiora3) sales are undoubtedly disappointing, but it still offsets cash burn by around $2 million a year for the further development of the lantibiotic and probiotic programs.
- The latest market correction provides investors with unique buying opportunities across the board.
- We believe the company is an optimal buy since shares appear to be trading at a steep 30% discount, and its long-term drug prospects look promising.
There are no Transcripts on OGEN.
Mon, Nov. 24, 12:46 PM
Tue, Oct. 21, 12:46 PM
Fri, Jun. 27, 12:47 PM
Mon, Feb. 24, 12:48 PM
Tue, Jan. 28, 12:45 PM
Fri, Jan. 17, 12:48 PM
Mon, Jan. 13, 12:46 PM
Nov. 18, 2013, 12:45 PM
Oct. 1, 2013, 10:08 AM
- Oragenics (OGEN +3.7%) and Intrexon (XON +0.5%) establish an Exclusive Channel Collaboration for the development and commercialization of "genetically modified probiotics for the treatment of diseases of the oral cavity, throat, sinus and esophagus."
- The companies intends to initially focus on a treatment for oral lesions associated with Behcet's. (PR)
- Previous: XON, OGEN announce results from lantibiotics testing
Aug. 26, 2013, 10:37 AM
- Oragenics (OGEN +1.3%) and recent IPO Intrexon (XON -2%) say that collaborative experiments demonstrate a genetically-modified host can be engineered to produce improved titers of OGEN's lead compound MU1140, progressing towards the commercial production of lantibiotics, a novel-class of broad-spectrum antibiotics.
- The collaboration also uncovered two new methods of purifying its lead compound resulting in higher purity and yields of MU1140.
- OGEN and XON entered into an Exclusive Channel Collaboration agreement to develop and commercialize lantibiotics for the treatment of infectious diseases in June 2012.
Jun. 25, 2013, 12:45 PM
Apr. 17, 2013, 12:59 PM
OGEN vs. ETF Alternatives
Oragenics Inc is a biopharmaceutical company which engages in the discovery, development and commercialization of technologies associated with oral health, broad spectrum antibiotics and other general health benefits.
Other News & PR