SA Transcripts • Sun, Nov. 2
Be smarter and faster with PRO Alerts on OGXI
From other sites
at MarketWatch.com (Jan 2, 2013)
at MarketWatch.com (Mar 16, 2012)
at MarketWatch.com (Jun 21, 2010)
There are 3 articles on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
OncoGenex: Phase III Trial In First Line Metastatic Prostate Cancer Fails, Now What?
- Multiple shots on goal in oncology with Custirsen and Apatorsen.
- 2 late stage oncology assets (PhII/III) have substantially more value than current market cap.
- Overwhelming negative sentiment has turned OGXI into a call option.
Near A 52-Week Low, Is OncoGenex Pharmaceuticals A Buy?
OncoGenex's Second Cancer Drug Gaining Investor Attention
OncoGenex: SYNERGY Trial Is The Major Catalyst In Sight
Fri, Oct. 31, 2:32 PM| Comment!
Thu, Oct. 30, 4:34 PM| Comment!
Thu, Oct. 16, 10:27 AM
Fri, Oct. 3, 1:53 PM
- The Gastroenterology and Urology Devices Panel of the Medical Devices Advisory Committee voted against recommending regulatory approval of SonaCare Medical's Sonablate 450 for the treatment of recurrent prostate cancer in patients previously treated with external beam radiation therapy. The device utilizes high intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) to ablate tissue.
- The panel's rejection was due to the fact that Sonacare's clinical trial data were based on an interim analysis of the first 100 patients in a planned 200-patient clinical trial. The company obviously believed the data were compelling enough to proceed with its submission prior to the conclusion of the study but the reviewers felt otherwise.
- The panel voted 7-3 against (1 abstention) recommending that the treatment was safe if used as intended; 9-2 against recommending that the treatment was effective if used as intended and 10-0 against recommending that the benefits outweigh the risks.
- Briefing docs
- Prostate cancer therapy-related tickers:(TKAI -2.1%)(MDVN +1.2%)(NYMX +4.8%)(EXEL -0.3%)(PGNX +2.8%)(MRK +1.8%)(ADXS +2.7%)(EBS +1.8%)(EDAP +3%)(ISIS +2.1%)(NVGN)(DNDN +0.7%)(ISR +1.4%)(OGXI +0.4%)
Thu, Aug. 7, 5:23 PM
Fri, Jun. 27, 4:42 PM
- OncoGenex Pharmaceuticals (OGXI +2.6%) offers 5,559,866 Series A units and 1,340,538 Series B units for public sale. Each Series A unit consist of one share of common stock plus one warrant to purchase 1/2 share of common at $4.00 per share for a five-year term. The warrants are immediately exercisable.
- The Series B units will be offered and sold to those Series A buyers whose purchases would increase their stake in the company to greater than 9.99%. Each Series B unit consists of one pre-funded warrant to purchase one share of common stock and one warrant to purchase 1/2 share of common stock at $4.00 for a five-year term.
- Gross proceeds will be ~$24M.
Wed, Apr. 30, 7:03 PM| Comment!
Mon, Apr. 28, 12:48 PM
Mon, Apr. 28, 9:15 AM
Mon, Apr. 28, 9:11 AM
- Teva's (TEVA) and OncoGenex Pharmaceuticals's (OGXI) Custirsen treatment for prostate cancer has failed in a Phase III trial.
- When given with standard chemotherapy, the drug didn't improve the overall survival of patients with advanced castrate-resistant prostate cancer vs those who received just chemotherapy.
- OncoGenex's shares are -52%, while those of Teva are +0.25%. (PR)
Mon, Apr. 28, 7:55 AM
- Shares of OncoGenex (OGXI) are off 53% premarket on modest volume in response to its announcement that its Phase 3 clinical trial for custirsen failed to meet its primary endpoint of a statistically significant improvement in overall survival in men with metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer.
- The SYNERGY trial compared the addition of custirsen to the standard first-line therapy of docetaxel/prednisone to docetaxel/prednisone alone.
- The company will hold an investors conference call this morning to discuss the matter.
- (TEVA +1.6%)
Nov. 19, 2013, 9:34 AM| Comment!
Oct. 28, 2013, 9:12 AM
Oct. 28, 2013, 8:48 AM
- OncoGenex Pharmaceuticals (OGXI) jumps 10% before the bell.
- Needham's Chad Messer says that "while Xtandi and other prostate cancer agents in development may eventually erode chemotherapy use in prostate cancer, this concern is nothing new and [may not] have a material effect on the long-term value" of the shares.
- OGXI upgraded to Strong Buy. Price target lifted to $30 (from $20) — so Messer is essentially looking for the shares to quadruple.
Aug. 27, 2013, 7:32 AM
- OncoGenex (OGXI) initiates a Phase 2 study of an apatorsen/ Abraxane/ gemcitabine combo in patients with previously untreated metastatic pancreatic cancer.
- Primary endpoint is overall survival.
- Also evaluated: Progression-free survival, tumor response rates, safety, tolerability, and the effect of therapy on heat shock protein 27 levels. (PR)
Aug. 9, 2013, 8:40 AM
OGXI vs. ETF Alternatives
OncoGenex Pharmaceuticals Inc is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development & commercialization of therapies that address treatment resistance in cancer patients. It has three product candidates in pipeline: custirsen, apatorsen & OGX-225.
Other News & PR