Mon, Jan. 12, 2:40 PM
- The 10-year Treasury yield is down all the way to 1.91% and the 30-year earlier dropped to 2.47% amid a slumping stock market and WTI crude oil plummeting another 4.3% to $46.23 per barrel. Equity REITs, meanwhile, continue a big start to the year.
- ETFs: IYR, VNQ, DRN, URE, SRS, ICF, SCHH, RWR, KBWY, DRV, REK, FRI, FTY, PSR, WREI
- A sampling of individual names: Realty Income (O +0.9%), Omega Healthcare (OHI +1%), National Health Investors (NHI +1.7%), LTC Properties (LTC +1.8%), Camden Property Trust (CPT +1.3%), CBL & Associates (CBL +2.2%), Regency Centers (REG +1.2%), CubeSmart (CUBE +1.5%), Washington Real Estate Trust (WRE +0.9%), American Campus Communities (ACC +0.7%).
Mon, Jan. 5, 4:01 PM
- Equity REITs are green across the board, and mortgage REITs and BDCs are showing some (but not a ton of) gains as the broader markets tumble to start the week.
- A sampling: Realty Income (O +2.1%), Omega Healthcare (OHI +1.6%), Medical Properties Trust (MPW +2.4%), Equity Residential (EQR +0.9%), General Growth Properties (GGP +0.7%), Kimco (KIM +0.9%), Public Storage (PSA +0.5%), CYS Investments (CYS +0.5%), Solar Capital (SLRC +1.1%).
Oct. 31, 2014, 7:56 AM
- Aviv REIT (NYSE:AVIV) is higher by 14.6% premarket to $34.50 per share after agreeing to be sold to Omega Healthcare Investors (NYSE:OHI) in an all-stock deal for $3B, or $34.97 per share based on last night's closing prices.
- Under the terms, Aviv owners will receive 0.90 Omega shares for each share of Aviv they hold.
- The deal is expected to be accretive to Omega's adjusted FFO and FAD. Early 2015 adjusted FAD guidance of $2.81-$2.87 compares to 2014's $2.58-$2.61.
- Current Omega CEO Taylor Pickett will continue in that role when the companies are combined. Aviv Chairman and CEO Craig Bernfield will become a member of Omega's expanded board.
- Conference call at 8:30 ET
Oct. 31, 2014, 6:18 AM
- The transaction values AVIV at $3B, a premium of 16.2% based on yesterday's close.
- Combined firm will own 874 properties across 41 states.
- Source: press release
- Related: Omega Healthcare Investors Q3 2014 Earnings Call Transcript
- Related: Another Boring Dividend Increase For Omega Healthcare Investors
Jul. 10, 2014, 10:17 AM
- Working today as both stock and bond yields fall in response to banking troubles in Portugal are both equity and mortgage REIT names.
- Leading in the mortgage REIT sector are Annaly (NLY +0.8%) and American Capital Agency (AGNC +0.8%), and a sampling of equity REIT names: Realty Income (O +0.6%), Omega Healthcare (OHI +1%), Ventas (VTR +1.2%), Medical Properties (MPW +1%), Avalon Bay (AVB +0.5%), Simon Property (SPG +0.8%), Boston Properties (BXP +0.8%)
- ETFs: IYR, VNQ, DRN, URE, SRS, ICF, RWR, SCHH, DRV, KBWY, REK, FRI, FTY, PSR, FNIO, WREI, REM, MORL, MORT
Jul. 2, 2014, 7:22 AM
- Citing a preference for more economically-sensitive REIT sectors, Goldman downgrades the Healthcare REIT sector to Neutral from Attractive. Alongside the sector cut, the team downgrades Omega Healthcare Investors (OHI) to Neutral. It's off 1% premarket.
- Among the other names in the sector: HCN, HCP, MPW, HTA, SNH, VTR, LTC, AVIV.
Apr. 29, 2014, 5:03 PM
- Adjusted FFO per share of $0.71 up from $0.63 a year ago.
- FY14 FAD guidance is adjusted upward to $2.48-$2.51 per share from $2.44-$2.47. Adjusted FFO is lifted to $2.74-$2.77 from $2.69-$2.72.
- CC tomorrow at 10 ET
- Source: Press Release
- Previously: Omega Healthcare Investors beats by $0.03, beats on revenue
- OHI flat AH
Dec. 11, 2013, 3:08 PM
- The equity REITs are particularly weak today as the 10-year Treasury yield heads higher by 4 basis points to 2.85%. Senior Housing (SNH -2.3%), Omega Healthcare (OHI -2.6%), American Realty Capital (ARCP -1.7%), Stag Industrial (STAG -2%), Equity Residential (EQR -1.4%).
- Retail and shopping center/mall REITs also have the weak retail traffic numbers to mull over: Realty Income (O -1.4%), National Retail (NNN -2.8%), Simon Property (SPG -1.4%), General Growth (GGP -2.6%), Kimco (KIM -2.6%), Brixmor (BRX -0.8%).
Oct. 2, 2013, 9:25 AM
Oct. 1, 2013, 4:26 PM
- Omega Healthcare (OHI) announces a secondary offering of $75M of common stock (choosing to put a dollar amount, rather than number of shares on the press release; the stock's trading around $30 - the math says it'll be about 2.5M shares). The underwriters get a greenshoe option to buy up to another $11.25M of the newly issued common.
- The stock's off 2.15% AH.
- Press release.
Aug. 1, 2013, 10:11 AM
- Normalized FFO of $0.62/share makes the earnings beat a less-gaudy $0.02.
- FY2013 FFO guidance upped to $2.48-$2.51 per share and Funds Available for Distribution (FAD) to $2.23-$2.26.
- Earnings call is just underway. (PR)
- Investors take the seemingly solid report as an excuse to lighten up after a nice run for the stock YTD. OHI -3.1%.
- Earlier: Earnings report.
Jul. 31, 2013, 10:39 AM
- HCP (HCP -2.2%) slips for a 2nd day despite upping guidance in its earnings report as dour earnings call (transcript) comments from CEO Jay Flaherty are digested
- The "pause" button for deals was hit by Bernanke's post-FOMC June comments and the subsequent fixed-income turbulence, says Flaherty, and it remains to be seen how quickly things start moving again.
- Funding costs have gone up, but sellers' expectations of what their properties are worth haven't changed - not a good combination for getting business done.
- Others of note: Senior Housing Properties (SNH -2.2%), Medical Properties Trust (MPW -1.8%), Omega Healthcare (OHI -1.5%).
Jun. 12, 2013, 3:30 PMRenewed selling also hits equity REITs, with the Vanguard REIT ETF (VNQ -1.3%) just holding onto gains YTD; the iShares Real Estate ETF (IYR -1.4%). Among individual stocks, Realty Income (O -1.6%) is off 22% in 3 weeks; Senior Housing (SNH -2.3%), Digital Realty (DLR -4%) American Capital Realty (ARCP -2.1%), Omega Healthcare (OHI -1.7%). Among the best performers is HCP, Inc. (HCP -0.9%). | 9 Comments
Jun. 7, 2013, 2:45 PMSimilar to a pattern seen a few times over the past few weeks, underneath a solid rally in the averages are big declines in a number of income favorites. The culprit again is falling Treasury prices, the long bond off more than a full point and yielding 3.32%. Some popular equity REITs: Equity Residential (EQR -1.3%), AvalonBay (AVB -1.4%), HCP (HCP -1.6%), Realty Income (O -2.6%), Senior Housing (SNH -2.9%), Omega Healthcare (OHI -1.3%), Government Properties (GOV -2%). Also: Continued rout in mREITs. | 4 Comments
May. 23, 2013, 5:33 PM
Mar. 25, 2013, 12:48 PMAviv REIT (AVIV) is up 15% from its Thursday IPO, with SA Pro author Dane Bowler suggesting the stock as a play for healthcare REIT fans looking for better values after the big move higher in OHI. Don't be put off by a current price-FFO ratio of 14.39, he says, as this excludes $251M dollars from the IPO which have yet to be invested as well as much benefit from the company's 2012 acquisitions. | Comment!
OHI vs. ETF Alternatives
Omega Healthcare Investors, Inc., is a self-administered real estate investment trust, investing in income-producing healthcare facilities, mainly long-term care facilities located in the United States.
Other News & PR