Fri, Aug. 14, 6:11 PM
- David Einhorn's Greenlight Capital took a 5.4M-share position in Hertz (NYSE:HTZ) in Q2, per Greenlight's latest 13F. Einhorn also took a 4.3M-share position in Owens-Illinois (NYSE:OI), a 3.6M-share position in Michael Kors (NYSE:KORS), and a 5M-share position in UIL Holdings (NYSE:UIL).
- Einhorn upped his GM position by over 50% to 14.6M shares - Greenlight bought back into GM in Q1 - and hiked his stake in Micron by over 10% to 37.9M. A 4.5M-share position in Agilent spinoff Keysight Technologies (NYSE:KEYS) was liquidated.
- OI +1.6% AH.
Wed, May 13, 9:15 AM
Wed, May 13, 7:48 AM
- Owens-Illinois (NYSE:OI) agrees to acquire Vitro’s food and beverage glass container business for $2.15B in a move that will allow OI to expand in the growing market for food packaging in Mexico.
- OI expects the deal to add $0.50 to EPS in the third year after closing and to generate $945M/year in revenue; the deal is expected to close within a year.
- OI will add Vitro’s five Mexican factories and one in Bolivia, and retain the leadership of the company’s food-and-beverage operations.
- OI +2.7% premarket.
Tue, Apr. 28, 4:46 PM
Mon, Apr. 6, 3:56 PM
- Owens-Illinois (OI +2.1%) enjoys a nice gain after a Barron's weekend profile says shares could climb 25%, as the world’s largest maker of glass containers has cleaned up its balance sheet and is cutting costs.
- Weak demand in a few key markets, operating stumbles and a strong dollar have hurt OI's profits in the past year, sending shares tumbling nearly 35% since July, but Barron's notes that OI's manufacturing network of 76 plants in 21 countries would be hard to replicate.
- OI has been working to improve operations and boost its generation of free cash flow, which topped $300M in each of the past two years and is expected to hit $300M again this year; while the article says investors should not expect much in the way of revenue growth, a leaner cost structure and shareholder friendly uses for its cash could pay off in a higher stock price.
Thu, Mar. 19, 11:59 AM
- Owens-Illinois (OI -2.2%) says CFO Stephen P. Bramlage Jr. will leave the company at the end of this month to become the CFO at Aramark (ARMK -0.6%).
- Bramlage will succeed current ARMK CEO Fred Sutherland, who is retiring at the end of this year after nearly 35 years at the company including 17 years as finance chief; Bramlage was named OI CFO in 2012 after holding various financial and managerial posts with the company.
- Current controller John Haudrichwill will become OI's CFO on an interim basis while a search is conducted for a successor.
Thu, Mar. 12, 11:46 AM
- Owens-Illinois (OI +0.1%) says it was awarded $455M by an international arbitration panel related to Venezuela’s seizure of two of its plants in 2010.
- OI says the arbitration panel so far is unable to estimate how much it actually will receive under the award and when it will be compensated.
- OI had operated in the country for more than 50 years before Hugo Chavez nationalized its majority interest in the plants in a move typical of his 14-year rule.
Mon, Feb. 2, 4:26 PM
Sun, Feb. 1, 5:35 PM
Nov. 27, 2014, 5:11 AM
- Oil/energy and consumer-goods underperformers lead the way.
- Total return takes into account all distributions.
- Table of S&P 500's biggest total-return losers YTD
Oct. 28, 2014, 5:27 PM
Oct. 27, 2014, 5:35 PM
- AEC, AFG, AFL, AJG, AMCC, AMP, APC, ARI, AZPN, BGFV, BLDP, BOOM, BXP, CAP, CBT, CEB, CHMT, CHRW, CINF, CRAY, DLR, DNB, DYAX, EA, EIX, EPR, EQR, ESRX, EXP, EXTR, FARO, FB, FEIC, FISV, GFIG, GILD, GPRE, HIW, HLIT, HTA, HTS, HURN, INAP, INVN, IPHI, KEYW, KIM, KONA, MAC, MAR, MCK, MRCY, MWA, NANO, NFX, OI, PEI, PLT, PNRA, PSMT, RJET, ROG, RPXC, SKT, SM, SWI, TQNT, TRN, TSS, UDR, ULTI, USNA, VRSK, VRTX, WDC, WES, WGP, WNC, WSH, WTS, WYNN, X, XCO, XOOM, ZLTQ
Sep. 17, 2014, 8:37 AM
- Owens-Illinois (NYSE:OI) -4.7% premarket after disclosing expectations for lower Q3 earnings, seeing EPS of at least 5% lower Y/Y, or ~$0.75 vs. $0.88 analyst consensus estimate.
- OI sees Europe sales volume modestly lower than the prior-year period, North American sales volume down by the low single digits, and Asia Pacific with a double-digit volume decline.
Sep. 4, 2014, 7:34 AM
Jul. 30, 2014, 6:30 PM
Apr. 29, 2014, 4:30 PM
OI vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR