Mon, Feb. 23, 4:13 PM
Sun, Feb. 22, 5:35 PM
Dec. 10, 2014, 12:58 PM
- Energy stocks are slammed across the board as oil prices take another nosedive (I, II), with the losses heaviest on shares of small, U.S.-based oil and gas producers.
- “Financial leverage is being thrown out the window, and everything else is being purged as well,” says Simmons analyst Bill Herbert, who adds that cuts to production budgets in the coming year likely will mean more pain for oil service companies.
- Among the hardest-hit shares: TPLM -15.2%, CRK -12.4%, GDP -11.9%, NOG -9.5%, AREX -8.6%.
- Investors have been less quick to dump shares of integrated oil companies, but today they have been smacked too: XOM -2.8%, CVX -2.9%, COP -2.3%, BP -2%, RDS.A -2.2%, TOT -2.3%.
- Today's worst performers on the S&P 500 include OKE -8.2%, DNR -7.4%, NE -5.6%.
- Service companies also are down: SLB -2.6%, HAL -2.7%, WFT -6.6%, BHI -2%.
- ETFs: XLE, ERX, VDE, OIH, ERY, DIG, DUG, IYE, XES, IEZ, PXI, FENY, PXJ, RYE, FXN, DDG
Dec. 2, 2014, 4:59 PM
- ONEOK (NYSE:OKE) +1% AH after saying it expects 2015 cash flow available for dividends in the range of $580M-$660M, reflecting higher anticipated cash distributions received from its general and limited partner interests in ONEOK Partners (NYSE:OKS).
- Guidance includes a 14% Y/Y increase in shareholder dividends declared; OKE also expects average annual dividend declared increases of 12%-15% between 2014-17.
- Also, ONEOK Partners announces higher 2015 financial guidance, expecting adjusted EBITDA to increase 19% Y/Y to a range of $1.77B-$1.99B and 2015 distributable cash flow to increase 18% to a range of $1.31B-$1.49B.
Nov. 4, 2014, 4:55 PM
Nov. 3, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ADEP, AMRS, ATVI, AWAY, AXLL, BIO, BIOL, BIRT, CALD, CBSO, CDXS, CERS, CHUY, CKEC, COHR, CORT, COUP, CRTO, CSU, DOX, DVN, ENPH, EXAM, EXEL, FANG, FEYE, FOXA, FRGI, GAS, GHDX, HR, ITRI, IVR, JAZZ, JIVE, JKHY, JMBA, KAR, MITT, MOSY, MPO, MYGN, NP, NRP, NSTG, NYMT, OAS, OCLR, OKE, OKS, PACD, PAYC, PBPB, PCYC, PEGA, PHH, PRI, PXD, PZZA, REGI, REXX, RLOC, RNR, RP, SBAC, SN, SPA, SQNM, TMH, TNET, TRIP, TTGT, TWO, TWOU, TX, UIL, WPX, XEC, XNPT, ZAGG, ZU
Oct. 27, 2014, 4:30 PM
- ONEOK Partners (OKS, OKE) agrees to acquire natural gas liquids pipelines and related assets in the Permian Basin of west Texas and southeast New Mexico from Chevron (NYSE:CVX) for ~$800M.
- The deal includes an 80% interest in the West Texas LPG Pipeline Limited Partnership and 100% interest in the Mesquite Pipeline, which collectively consist of ~2,600 miles of NGL gathering pipelines.
- With these projects, ONEOK says it has announced total investments of $8.3B-$9B during 2010-16 for acquisitions and capital growth projects related to natural gas gathering and processing, and NGLs.
Oct. 22, 2014, 7:35 PM
Oct. 9, 2014, 5:53 PM
- Nuevo Midstream, a Texas pipeline company backed by P-E firm EnCap FlatRock Midstream, is seeking a buyer and could fetch $1.5B, Bloomberg reports.
- Nuevo is said to have drawn interest from potential buyers including Oneok (OKE, OKS) and Regency Energy Partners (NYSE:RGP).
- Takeovers involving companies that help transport, store and process oil and natural gas after have surged past $100B so far this year.
Sep. 22, 2014, 4:31 PM
- Oneok Partners (NYSE:OKS) says it plans to invest $480M-$680M over the next two years to construct new natural gas processing facilities and related infrastructure in North Dakota and Wyoming.
- OKS says it will build a new 80M cf/day natural gas processing facility and related infrastructure to process natural gas produced from the Bakken Shale in the Williston Basin, as well as a new 100M cf/day natural gas processing facility and related infrastructure to process natural gas produced from the NGL-rich formations of the Powder River Basin.
Aug. 6, 2014, 5:59 PM
- ONEOK (OKS, OKE) says it is committed to reducing natural gas flaring in North Dakota as part of the state's new restrictions through new processing projects and additional capacity coming online.
- OKS last week announced plans to invest up to $785M to construct a new 200M cf/day natural gas processing facility at Demicks Lake as well as related infrastructure; OKS says natural gas processing capacity in the region will increase to 1.1B cf/day upon the anticipated completion of the projects by Q3 2016.
- Oasis Petroleum (NYSE:OAS) also says it could honor North Dakota's new restrictions on natural gas flaring and had connected 96% of its wells in the state to gathering lines.
Aug. 5, 2014, 7:06 PM
Aug. 5, 2014, 4:17 PM
Aug. 4, 2014, 5:35 PM
- AMTG, APEI, ARC, ATSG, ATVI, AVNR, AWR, AXLL, BIO, BKH, BMR, CHUY, CLR, CRTO, CSU, DAVE, DIS, DPM, DRYS, ENPH, EOG, FANG, FEYE, FRGI, FSLR, FTR, FUEL, GMED, GRPN, HCI, HGR, HT, ITRI, JAZZ, JCOM, KAR, LBTYA, MCHX, MITT, MODN, MPO, MRCY, NSTG, NYMT, OAS, OKE, OKS, ORA, ORIG, PBPB, PEGA, PNNT, PRAA, PZZA, QUAD, REXX, RLD, RST, RSYS, SGMS, SGY, SKT, SMCI, TDW, TMHC, TPC, TRMB, TTWO, UNTD, WBMD, WES, WGP, WMGI, WTR, XEC, Z, ZAGG, ZGNX
Jul. 24, 2014, 5:38 PM
- ONEOK Partners (NYSE:OKS) says it plans to spend $365M-$420M on natural gas projects in the emerging South Central Oklahoma Oil Province through the end of 2016.
- OKS says a planned new natural gas processing plant eventually will process up to 200M cf/day of natural gas, increase its presence in the growing SCOOP play and raising its Oklahoma natural gas processing capacity to ~900M cf/day.
- The new plant and related infrastructure will be OKS' first new construction in the SCOOP play.
Jul. 16, 2014, 6:58 PM
- Kevin Birzer of the Tortoise MLP & Pipeline Fund has averaged 24% annual returns over the past three years, and his top current holding is Spectra Energy (NYSE:SE) thanks to its "great footprint of assets" and low risk via $20B in pipeline growth projects with solid commitments up front.
- SE can grow its distributions at a ~10% rate for many years to come, Birzer says; combined with a ~3% yield, he sees 14% annual returns over the long term.
- Birzer also likes Williams Cos. (NYSE:WMB), which has a footprint in all the big U.S. plays except the Bakken and says it can grow cash flow 15%/year through 2017; Oneok (NYSE:OKE), with total returns of ~13%/year; Plains GP Holdings (NYSE:PAGP) as a Permian Basin play; and Kinder Morgan (NYSE:KMI), whose management team Birzer believes is "running assets for the long term."
OKE vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR