Wed, Jan. 21, 5:35 PM
Nov. 28, 2014, 10:20 AM| 17 Comments
Oct. 14, 2014, 12:33 PM
- MLPs have been brutalized lately, with the benchmark Alerian MLP Index (AMJ +0.5%) plunging 13% in the past week and down another 3% earlier today, but at least some in the group have been trying to bounce back in the past hour or so.
- J.P. Morgan strategists are sticking with their bullish central thesis on MLPs, saying prolific production from unconventional energy plays will keep demand high for new energy infrastructure; the firm believes most core acreage in leading shale plays continues to be economic at current commodity prices, which should drive strong long-term growth prospects for MLPs.
- JPM favors MLPs owning high-quality, diversified assets with strong management teams and proven track records, naming Kinder Morgan (KMI -1.5%), Enterprise Products Partners (EPD +2.5%) and Plains All American Pipeline (PAA -1%).
- ETP +3.7% and OKS +2.5%, LINE +1.4%, but EROC -5.3%, CQP -4.5%, BBEP -2.5%, MMP -2.5%, TEP -2.1%, PSXP -2%, WPZ -1.1%, ACMP -0.5%.
- ETFs: AMLP, AMJ, MLPL, MLPI, MLPA, MLPN, EMLP, MLPX, MLPS, AMU, ENFR, ATMP, MLPW, IMLP, AMZA, OSMS
May 12, 2014, 5:49 PM
May 12, 2014, 4:34 PM| 3 Comments
Mar. 5, 2014, 11:59 AM
- Robert W. Baird refreshes its outlook for master limited partnerships with six downgrades: five high-growth partnerships that now look fairly valued - NGL Energy Partners (NGL -1.8%), New Source Energy (NSLP -4%), Plains GP Holdings (PAGP -0.3%), Summit Midstream Partners (SMLP -0.6%) and Tallgrass Energy Partners (TEP -2.7%) - and are cut to Neutral from Outperform, and a reduction for Whiting USA Trust II (WHZ -0.7%) to Underperform from Neutral on elevated commodity risk.
- The firm recommends recycling capital into its top investment ideas: ONEOK Partners (OKS -1.2%), Plains All American Pipeline (PAA +0.9%), Rose Rock Midstream (RRMS +0.2%) and Crosstex Energy LP (XTEX -1.5%)
- Despite downgrading multiple high-quality MLPs, Baird says its long-term bullish view on the sector remains unchanged (Briefing.com).
Feb. 3, 2014, 2:18 PM
- ONEOK (OKE -2.8%) completes the spinoff of its natural gas distribution business into a separate, publicly traded company to begin trading on the NYSE with the symbol OGS.
- The new company, One Gas, includes Kansas Gas Service, Oklahoma Natural Gas and Texas Gas Service.
- Current OKE shareholders will receive one share of the new company for every four shares of OKE they possess.
Sep. 4, 2013, 10:48 AM
- Oppenheimer restarts coverage of energy MLPs, bullish on the asset class as a whole; the firm shows a bias in favor of investing in higher distribution growth, even if the yields are lower, and for owning general partners due to their incentive distribution rights structure.
- Started at Outperform: EQT Midstream (EQM +2.1%), Seadrill Partners (SDLP +0.7%), Tesoro Logistics (TLLP +1.6%), Memorial Production Partners (MEMP +2.4%), Western Gas Partners (WES +0.4%), Western Gas Equity Partners (WGP +0.7%).
- Started at Market Perform: Williams Partners (WPZ), Crosstex Energy (XTEX), ONEOK Partners (OKS), Genesis Energy (GEL).
- Also: New Source Energy (NSLP), Breitbrun Energy Partners (BBEP), LRR Energy (LRE), Mid-Con Energy Partners (MCEP).
Aug. 23, 2013, 11:42 AM
- Oneok Partners (OKS +2.6%) is upgraded to Buy from Underperform with a $55 price target (up from $45) at BofA Merrill Lynch based on improved natural gas liquid fundamentals, the removal of OKS' equity overhang, and YTD underperformance.
- While the firm doesn't say the worst is over for NGL pricing, it is encouraged by the recent recoupling with crude oil prices and the likely positive impact from more NGL exports.
- In addition to a rebound in NGL prices, the firm is more constructive on OKS following its recent offering to help fund its $2.4B 2013 capital budget.
Aug. 6, 2013, 4:23 PM| Comment!
May 3, 2013, 12:55 PMONEOK Partners (OKS +2.7%) is downgraded to Neutral at Global Hunter after disappointing Q1 results. Management reiterated 2013 guidance despite the miss, but the firm sees further risk given its view that base business fundamentals are not likely to recover this year; OKS likely faces a continued adjustment to its lower distribution growth outlook in the face of weak NGL fundamentals. | Comment!
Apr. 10, 2013, 11:19 AMONEOK Partners (OKS -1.7%) is cut to Sell at Goldman Sachs, which believes natural gas price and spread headwinds will weigh on earnings in its gathering and processing and natural liquids segments, driving distribution growth below the group average vs. a recent history of above-average growth. The firm also sees risk of further equity dilution given OKS's large capex program and high leverage. | Comment!
Feb. 26, 2013, 12:21 PMONEOK Partners (OKS -4.4%) drops sharply after Credit Suisse downgrades OKS to Neutral and cut its target price to $58 from $67. OKS will have $4B-plus of fee-based projects placed in service over the next three years, but CS says it is a victim of weak natural gas liquids prices and collapsing spreads, undercutting prospects. Distribution growth/unit was cut by 850bp, to 2.8%, for 2013. | 2 Comments
Sep. 24, 2012, 4:27 PM
Aug. 29, 2012, 12:09 PMSunoco Logistics (SXL +4.2%) is initiated at Outperform with a $53 target by Robert W. Baird, which says SXL could be used as an acquiring entity once it joins the Energy Transfer family. The firm expects the acquirer to boost distributions to increase partnership cash flow and drive unitholder value. Also started at Outperform: ETE, PAA. Started at Neutral: ETP, PNG, OKS. | 1 Comment
Jul. 6, 2012, 4:49 PM
OKS vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR