There's Still Life Left In OfficeMax - Its Business Is Scalable
There is research on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
OfficeMax Inc. Q4 2009 Earnings Call TranscriptFeb. 17, 2010
OfficeMax, Inc. Q1 2009 Earnings Call TranscriptApr. 30, 2009
OfficeMax Inc. Q3 2008 Earnings Call TranscriptFeb. 25, 2009
OfficeMax Incorporated Q4 2008 Earnings Call TranscriptFeb. 18, 2009
OfficeMax, Incorporated Q2 2008 Earnings Call TranscriptJul. 30, 2008
OfficeMax Incorporated Q1 2008 Earnings Call TranscriptApr. 30, 2008
OfficeMax Incorporated Q4 2007 Earnings Call TranscriptFeb. 19, 2008
OfficeMax Q3 2007 Earnings Call TranscriptNov. 1, 2007
OfficeMax Q2 2007 Earnings Call TranscriptAug. 1, 2007
Nov. 6, 2013, 9:03 AM
- Office Depot (ODP) and OfficeMax (OMX) complete their merger of equals. The combined entity will use the name Office Depot and trade on the NYSE under the symbol ODP.
- The new Office Depot had TTM revenue through Q3 of ~$17B and more than 2.2K locations.
- Cost synergies by the 3rd year following the merger are now expected to be in the upper half of the previously announced $400M-$600M range, excluding potential synergies from $2B of opex relating to retail stores and working capital savings that have not been evaluated yet. ODP expects to incur ~$200M in costs associated with the merger in 2013 and up to $600M-$650M to realize estimated synergies.
- B. Riley has upgraded ODP to Buy from Neutral with a PT of $7.
- ODP Q3 results, OMX Q3 results
Nov. 5, 2013, 4:26 PM
Nov. 5, 2013, 12:05 AM
- AFSI, AKRX, AMED, AMG, AOL, ARCC, ARCO, ASH, BCRX, BDX, BPI, CCC, CHTR, COCO, CTSH, CVS, D, DLPH, DNR, DTV, DWRE, DX, DXM, EMR, ENR, EXH, EXLP, EXPD, FE, GLDD, GTIV, HCA, HCN, HL, HPT, HSIC, HST, HW, ICE, IFF, ISIS, KORS, KWK, LBTYA, LPX, MITT, MNTA, MOS, MPEL, MPW, NNN, NTLS, NXST, ODP, OMX, OWW, OXF, OZM, PMC, PQ, RDC, REGN, REN, RHP, RIGL, RRD, RRGB, SRE, TGH, TMUS, TRGT, TRP, VSI, XPO, ZBRA, ZINC, ZTS
Nov. 4, 2013, 5:30 PM
- AFSI, AKRX, AMED, AMG, AOL, ARCC, ARCO, ASH, BCRX, BDX, BPI, CCC, CHTR, COCO, CTSH, CVS, D, DLPH, DNR, DTV, DWRE, DX, DXM, EMR, ENR, EXH, EXLP, EXPD, FE, GLDD, GTIV, HCA, HCN, HL, HPT, HSIC, HST, HW, ICE, IFF, ISIS, KORS, KWK, LBTYA, LPX, MITT, MNTA, MOS, MPEL, MPW, NNN, NTLS, NXST, ODP, OMX, OWW, OXF, OZM, PMC, PQ, RDC, REGN, REN, RHP, RIGL, RRD, RRGB, SRE, TGH, TMUS, TRGT TRP, VSI, XPO, ZBRA, ZINC, ZTS
Nov. 1, 2013, 2:16 PM| Comment!
Nov. 1, 2013, 9:13 AM
Oct. 22, 2013, 4:32 PM
Oct. 21, 2013, 10:31 AM
- Shares of Office Depot (ODP +0.8%), OfficeMax (OMX +0.8%), and Staples (SPLS +0.3%) are all keeping their heads above water on more reports that a FTC approval for the ODP-OMX merger is pending.
- The latest scoop is that the companies will not need to divest properties in order to pass muster with the regulator.
Oct. 21, 2013, 4:38 AM
- The Federal Trade Commission is reportedly set to give antitrust approval to the merger of Office Depot (ODP) and OfficeMax (OMX) without requiring the retailers to make divestitures.
- The FTC has concluded that the tie-up won't reduce competition substantially, mainly because of the size of e-commerce in the sector.
- The companies hope to appoint a CEO to run the merged entity once the FTC has given its authorization.
Oct. 16, 2013, 3:23 PM
- Office Depot (ODP +7.9%) and OfficeMax (OMX +9.1%) spike higher amid chatter the FTC is close to backing the merger of the office superstores.
- Staples (SPLS +3.8%), which was already putting in some solid gains, also trekked higher off the same news.
- The general consensus in the sector is that two major players is better than three.
- OPD-OMX merger timeline
Oct. 14, 2013, 4:02 PM
- Office Depot (ODP +0.2%) and OfficeMax (OMX +0.4%) say they have completed a second round of questions from the FTC on the impact of the merger between the two companies.
- The office superstores are in a bit of a pickle at the moment because if they offer to match the prices of Amazon as Staples (SPLS +1.5%) did they risk being viewed as displaying ant-competitive behavior toward their major rival.
- The flip side of course is heading into the holiday season with Staples having a clear pricing edge.
Oct. 10, 2013, 8:38 AM
- Janney upgrades both OfficeMax (OMX) and Office Depot (ODP) to a Buy rating after analyzing the amount of synergies the combined company will realize following their merger.
- The two office superstores had hoped to merge before the end of the year, but the government shutdown has ground action at the FTC to a halt.
- It's still a mystery who will be the CEO of the new company and where the corporate headquarters will be located.
Sep. 18, 2013, 5:53 PM| 1 Comment
Sep. 17, 2013, 4:44 AM
- U.S. retail store sales are expected to slow to +2.4% during November and December from +3% last year and +4% in 2011, research firm ShopperTrak has estimated.
- Store visits are forecast to drop 1.4% after rising 2.5% in 2012.
- "Although the economy continues to recover slowly, consumers remain cautious about spending and are not ready to splurge," ShopperTrak founder Bill Martin said.
- It's worth noting that online sales - accounting for 7% of the total - aren't included in the projections, while ShopperTrak forecasts tend to undershoot.
- Related tickers: COST, WMT, SHLD, M, JCP, TGT, BBY, ODP, BBBY, SPLS, OMX.
Aug. 26, 2013, 7:57 AM
- A scorching heat wave in the Midwest will continue throughout the week in a development which could trim back-to-school spending excursions, warns Brian Sozzi.
- Lower store traffic could wreak havoc on inventory with many retailers banking on using school supplies as a loss leader to help boost apparel and computer/tablet sales.
- Looking for relief: SPLS, OMX, ODP, TGT, WMT.
Aug. 21, 2013, 9:13 AM
OMX vs. ETF Alternatives
OfficeMax is a leader in both business-to-business and retail office products distribution. We provide office supplies and paper, print and document services, technology products and solutions and office furniture to large, medium and small businesses, government offices and consumers. OfficeMax... More
Other News & PR