Quote & Headlines
5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
To learn more about Seeking Alpha PRO, click here.
There are no Transcripts on ONEQ.
There are no News articles on ONEQ.
ONEQ vs. ETF Alternatives
It seeks to provide investment returns that closely correspond to the price and yield performance of the Nasdaq Composite Index. Normally investing at least 80% of assets in common stocks included in the Nasdaq Composite Index is the strategy.
See more details on sponsor's website
See more details on sponsor's website
Country: United States
Saturday, Nov 239:00 AMInvestor behavior: Same as it ever was
Saturday, Nov 239:00 AM| 35 Comments
- The financial crisis changed nothing, writes Vanguard's Fran Kinniry: Investors continue to chase returns, and have lately been jettisoning fixed income for stocks. Driven by the 4th greatest bull market on record - a cumulative return of 198% since the bottom - global equity allocation for investors has increased to 57% from 38%, and vs. the 20-year median of 51%.
- It's probably time for the typical investor (one with an equity-heavy portfolio) to maintain a prudent allocation by directing new cash flows into bonds, while selling stocks - the exact opposite of where money is flowing today.
- "Rebalancing usually seems counterintuitive at the time when it promises to be most effective," says Finniry. "It can be difficult to implement from a behavioral standpoint and requires incredible discipline." With equities partying and the near-universal belief of higher interest rates on the way, who could blame an investor for not wanting to sell stocks and buy bonds.
- "It is very common following significant gains in the equity markets for investors to question the benefits of rebalancing," but it's never "different this time;" instead it's the "same as it ever was."
- Broad fixed income ETFs: AGG, BOND, BND, BSV, BIV, BLV, SCHZ, LAG, SAGG, ILTB, ISTB, GBF, GVI, MINC, FWDB, GIY
- Broad equity ETFs: VTI, PRF, SCHB, USMV, VV, SCHX, ITOT, ONEQ, IYY, NYC, JKD, EXT, EQL, FVI, EUSA, EEH, SPXH, TRSK, FSE, FSU, PXLC, FWDD, TOTS, FNDB, ALTL
Friday, Nov 112:03 PMBAML: "It's getting frothy, man!"
Friday, Nov 112:03 PM| 21 Comments
- Investors poured another $12.4B into global equity funds in the week ended Wednesday, with BAML's Michael Hartnett saying another $8B-$9B of inflows over the next two weeks would trigger a contrarian sell signal in his firm's flow-based model.
- This would coincide with BAML's Bull & Bear Index, which is getting a little to bullish for comfort. Fund manager cash levels were at 4.4% in October. A dip below 4% in November, says Hartnett, would trigger a bright red Sell alert.
- Stock index ETFs: SPY, QQQ, SH, DIA, IWM, VTI, TZA, TNA, SSO, SDS, PSQ, IWC, IVV, SPXU, UWM, SPLV, UPRO, VOO, QID, MDY, VB, SPXS, PRF, SPXL, DOG, TQQQ, IJR, RSP, DXD, SQQQ, SLY, QLD, PRFZ, MVV, RWJ, RWL, IJH, EPS, VO, SCHB, TWM, URTY, SCHA, SDOW, UDOW, VXF, USMV, DDM, EZM, MIDU, VV, RWM, RWK, IWV, SRTY, SCHX, IWB, ITOT, ONEQ, PDP, UMDD, IWR, OEF, SPHB, IYY, MGC, NY, SAA, SCHM, BXUB, DWAS, QQEW, VTWO, XLG, NYC, MIDZ, MZZ, QQQE, QUAL, DIM, IVOO, JKD, SBB, VONE, EXT, RSCO, CZA, FNX, EQL, JKJ, FVI, SDD, EUSA, ROLA, PZI, FDM, SFLA, TRND, RTLA, XMLV, THRK, XSLV, JKG, BXUC, SMDD, WMCR, MYY, FYX, QQXT, VIOO, TRNM, ONEK, EEH, SPXH, TRSK, IWL, VTHR, EWRS, TWOK, FSE, FSU, PXLC, EWRI, PWO, TOTS, SMLV, BXDB, EWRM, LGLV, UWC, TNDQ, FNDB, FWDD, ALTL, FMK, PXSC, SIZE, PXMC, PIQ, TWQ
Thursday, Oct 317:08 AMFutures stumble as market digests hawkish lean to Fed statement
Thursday, Oct 317:08 AM| 4 Comments
- Still coming to grips with the slightest hawkish twist to the FOMC statement yesterday afternoon, S&P 500 (SPY) futures are down 0.25% and the Nasdaq 100 (QQQ) is off 0.45%. Facebook soared after a big earnings beat last night, then actually turned red during the earnings call, but is now higher by 3% in the premarket.
- Europe opened to the downside, but is now mostly higher, and Asia was solidly lower overnight.
- Treasury yields have regained some of their composure, the 10-year yield falling 3 basis points to 2.51%, after shooting higher yesterday afternoon post-statement. Gold's off 1% to $1,.335 per ounce.
- ETFs: SPY, QQQ, SH, DIA, IWM, VTI, TZA, TNA, SSO, SDS, PSQ, IWC, IVV, SPXU, SPLV, UWM, UPRO, VOO, QID, MDY, VB, SPXS, PRF, SPXL, DOG, TQQQ, IJR, RSP, DXD, SQQQ, SLY, QLD, PRFZ, MVV, RWJ, RWL, IJH, EPS, VO, SCHB, TWM, URTY, SCHA, SDOW, UDOW, VXF, USMV, DDM, EZM, VV, MIDU, RWM, RWK, IWV, SRTY, SCHX, ITOT, IWB, ONEQ, PDP, IWR, UMDD, OEF, SPHB, IYY, MGC, NY, SAA, SCHM, BXUB, DWAS, QQEW, VTWO, XLG, NYC, MIDZ, MZZ, QUAL, QQQE, DIM, IVOO, JKD, VONE, SBB, EXT, RSCO, CZA, FVI, FNX, JKJ, EQL, EUSA, PZI, SDD, FDM, ROLA, SFLA, RTLA, TRND, XMLV, THRK, XSLV, JKG, BXUC, SMDD, WMCR, MYY, FYX, QQXT, VIOO, EEH, TRNM, ONEK, SPXH, TRSK, IWL, EWRS, VTHR, TWOK, FSE, PXLC, EWRI, FSU, SMLV, BXDB, PWO, TOTS, EWRM, LGLV, TNDQ, UWC, FWDD, ALTL, FMK, FNDB, PXSC, PXMC, SIZE, PIQ, TWQ.
Thursday, Sep 1911:36 PM