Low Capacitance, Low Clamping Voltage ESD Protection Devices from ON Semiconductor Target Next Generation InterfacesBusiness Wire (Wed, 11:00AM)
Business Wire (Tue, 4:10PM)
ON Semiconductor PYTHON CMOS Image Sensors Bring Versatility and Superior Performance to Industrial ApplicationsBusiness Wire (Apr 14, 2014)
Business Wire (Apr 2, 2014)
Business Wire (Mar 31, 2014)
Business Wire (Mar 25, 2014)
ON Semiconductor Finalizes Non-Cash Tax Expenses and Related Items for the Fourth Quarter 2013 and Fiscal Year 2013Business Wire (Feb 21, 2014)
Business Wire (Feb 11, 2014)
Business Wire (Feb 10, 2014)
Business Wire (Feb 6, 2014)
ON Semiconductor Corporation manufactures power management and motor driver semiconductor components control, convert, protect and monitor the supply of power to the different elements within a wide variety of electronic devices.
Wednesday, Apr 165:37 PM
Tuesday, Apr 810:06 AM
Tuesday, Apr 810:06 AM| 1 Comment
- ARM (ARMH +1.8%) has been upgraded to Market Perform by Bernstein.
- Yelp (YELP +2.2%) has been upgraded to Buy by SunTrust, and cut to Neutral by UBS. Oppenheimer upgraded shares yesterday.
- FireEye (FEYE +3.5%) has been upgraded to Outperform by Wedbush a day after FBN did the same.
- Vipshop (VIPS +4.1%) has been upgraded to Outperform by Credit Suisse. Goldman upgraded shares last week.
- KLA-Tencor (KLAC -0.7%) has been cut to Sector Perform by Pac Crest.
- ON Semi (ONNN +2.9%) has been upgraded to Buy by MKM.
- Web.com (WWWW +2%) has been upgraded to Buy by Craig-Hallum.
- LivePerson (LPSN -5.1%) has been cut to Hold by Benchmark.
- CACI (CACI +2.1%) has received a two-notch upgrade to Outperform from Raymond James. Shares were hit hard last week by an FY14 warning.
- JinkoSolar (JKS +6.4%) has been started at Overweight by Barclays. The firm calls Jinko a vertically-integrated cost leader, and believes the solar up-cycle is still in its early stages.
- Castlight Health (CSLT +1.3%) has received three bullish ratings and two neutral ones on underwriter coverage day.
Wednesday, Apr 24:51 PM
Wednesday, Apr 24:51 PM| Comment!
- ON Semi (ONNN) is acquiring Truesense Imaging, a developer of image sensor chips for a variety of specialized applications, for $92M in cash.
- Truesense's image sensors are used by 200+ customers in industrial machine vision, medical imaging, photography, traffic monitoring, and surveillance products, among others. In 2013, the company had revenue of $79M (implies a low acquisition price of 1.2x sales), a gross margin of 44%, and an op. margin of 23%.
- ON, which lost analog chip share in 2013, says the deal will be immediately accretive to EPS and margins. It's expected to close in Q2.
Monday, Mar 247:27 PM
Monday, Mar 247:27 PM| 30 Comments
- As U.S. corporations sit on $1T-plus in cash and with many facing organic growth challenges, Morgan Stanley lists 44 multi-billion dollar cap companies it thinks have a high likelihood of receiving at least one tender offer over the next 12 months.
- In the energy sector: NFX, SD, TDW.
- In materials: CLF, AXLL, UFS, RGLD.
- Consumer discretionary: SBGI, WEN, TPX, EAT, BYI, DWA, JCP, AEO.
- Consumer staples: INGR, HAIN, HSH, WWAV.
- Health care: CELG, ESRX, WLP, REGN, ALXN, AET, CI, BDX, CERN.
- Financial: NSM.
- Tech: BRCD, ONNN, TIBX, SPWR, IM, JBL, SUNE, TER, ARRS, NSR.
- Telecom: CCI, SBAC, LVLT, WIN, FTR.
Tuesday, Mar 182:30 PM
Tuesday, Mar 182:30 PM| Comment!
- UBS has hiked its Level 3 (LVLT +2.5%) PT to $37 from $30. Shares are close to their 52-week high of $39.13. They jumped in February following strong Q4 EBITDA/margin numbers.
- Deutsche has raised its ON Semi (ONNN +1.9%) PT to $12 from $11. Shares are near a 52-week high of $9.75.
- D.A. Davidson has raised its Rubicon (RBCN +3.4%) PT to $17 from $13. Shares are close to a 52-week of $14.67, after having shot higher in February in spite of soft Q1 guidance.
Friday, Feb 219:47 AM
Friday, Feb 219:47 AM| Comment!
- Seagate (STX +3.3%) has been upgraded to Outperform by RBC.
- ON Semi (ONNN +1%) and Freescale (FSL +1.5%) have been started at Buy by Drexel Hamilton.
- Montage Technology (MONT +0.3%) has been cut to Market Perfrorm by Raymond James, and to Equalweight by Barclays, a day after posting a Q4 beat.
- Telecom New Zealand (NZTCY -0.5%) has been upgraded to Neutral by Citi.
Friday, Feb 79:10 AM|Friday, Feb 79:10 AM| 1 Comment
Thursday, Feb 65:12 PM
Thursday, Feb 65:12 PM| Comment!
- OpenTable (OPEN) expects Q1 revenue of $53.3M-$54.9M and EPS of $0.39-$0.43 vs. a consensus of $54.3M and $0.54. Full-year guidance is for revenue of $221M-$229M and EPS of $1.71-$1.92 vs. a consensus of $223M and $2.21. Shares -1.9% AH. (Q4 results, PR)
- NCR expects 12%-14% 2014 revenue growth and EPS of $3-$3.10. The consensus, which might not fully take into account the recent Digital Insight and Alaric Systems acquisitions, is for 7.5% revenue growth and EPS of $3.10. Shares -6% AH. (Q4 results, PR)
- ON Semi (ONNN) expects Q1 revenue of $695M-$725M, above a $675.5M consensus. Shares +4% AH. (Q4 results, PR)
- Audience (ADNC) expects Q1 revenue of $33M-$36M and EPS of -$0.17 to -$0.21 vs. a consensus of $33.5M and -$0.09. Shares unchanged for now. (Q4 results, PR)
Thursday, Feb 64:13 PM|Thursday, Feb 64:13 PM| Comment!
Thursday, Feb 612:10 AM|Thursday, Feb 612:10 AM| 4 Comments
Wednesday, Feb 55:35 PM|Wednesday, Feb 55:35 PM| 2 Comments
Tuesday, Jan 149:47 AM
Tuesday, Jan 149:47 AM| 24 Comments
- Intel (INTC +2.2%) has been upgraded to Overweight by JPMorgan ahead of Thursday's Q4 report.
- Facebook (FB +1.1%) and Yelp (YELP +1.7%) have been started at Outperform by FBN as part of an Internet sector coverage launch. Facebook reports on Jan. 29.
- Nokia (NOK -1.1%) has been cut to Underperform by Raymond James. Q4 results arrive on Jan. 23.
- Juniper (JNPR -0.6%) has been upgraded to Outperform by Oppenheimer a day after Elliott Management disclosed a 6.2% stake and called for big changes.
- SAP (SAP -0.7%) has been cut to Underweight by Santander four days after releasing preliminary Q4 results. Pac Crest downgraded shares yesterday, albeit to little effect.
- Brocade (BRCD +2.5%) and VeriFone (PAY +4%) have been upgraded to Overweight by JPMorgan.
- Jabil (JBL +5.1%) has been upgraded to Conviction Buy by Goldman. Shares cratered last month after the company provided disappointing guidance.
- ON Semi (ONNN +2.2%) has been upgraded to Outperform by Credit Suisse.
- Logitech (LOGI +2.8%) has been upgraded to Buy by Goldman.
- ChannelAdvisor (ECOM -5.5%) and Demandware (DWRE -2.1%) have been cut to Neutral by Goldman. Though offering different products/services, both companies cater to e-commerce firms.
- TripAdvisor (TRIP -2%) has been cut to Hold by Wunderlich.
- Mellanox (MLNX +3.5%) has been started at Outperform by Macquarie.
Wednesday, Jan 812:24 PM
Wednesday, Jan 812:24 PM| 1 Comment
- During talks held at CES, ON Semi (ONNN +3.7%) execs stated their company is seeing above-seasonal trends, particularly from automotive and industrial clients.
- Shares of the analog chipmaker have rallied, and are close to their 52-week high of $8.73. The gains come in the wake of a difficult 2013 that saw ON Semi cut jobs and lose analog chip share.
- Other chipmakers, includin STMicroelectronics, Analog Devices, and NXP, have also reported seeing strong automotive demand.
Thursday, Jan 29:42 AM
Thursday, Jan 29:42 AM| 1 Comment
- Sprint (S -3%) has been cut to Market Perform by Cowen, and to Neutral by Macquarie, following a major run-up fueled in part by T-Mobile M&A hopes.
- T-Mobile (TMUS -1.5%), meanwhile, has been pulled from Goldman's Conviction Buy list. Its shares have taken off in response to reports Sprint and Dish are mulling bids.
- Xilinx (XLNX +1.1%) has been upgraded to Buy by Goldman, and rival Altera (ALTR -1.8%) has cut to Neutral.
- UniPixel (UNXL -4.4%) has been cut to Market Perform by Cowen following the departure of its CEO and COO.
- Intersil (ISIL -4.9%) has been cut to Underweight by Evercore.
- NXP (NXPI -4.3%) and ON Semi (ONNN -4.7%) have been cut to Neutral by Goldman, and fellow chipmaker Analog Devices (ADI -2.5%) has been cut to Sell. ADI has also been cut to Market Perform by Wells Fargo.
Monday, Nov 182013, 9:40 AM
Monday, Nov 182013, 9:40 AM| Comment!
- MercadoLibre (MELI -1.6%) has been cut to Underweight by Morgan Stanley, which cites Venezuela-related concerns. The company's forex accounting for Venezuela, which has seen massive inflation, has been sharply criticized. Shares were hammered two weeks ago following a Q3 miss.
- Ikanos (IKAN +10.2%) and Radware (RDWR +5.5%) have been upgraded to Buy by Needham.
- Maxim (MXIM +0.8%) has been upgraded to Buy by MKM.
- Synchronoss (SNCR -1.6%) has been cut to Neutral by Baird.
- Microchip (MCHP -1%) has been cut to Equal Weight by Stephens.
- ON Semi (ONNN -1.8%) has been cut to Neutral by MKM.
- Overland Storage (OVRL) has been started at Hold by Needham a few days after delivering mixed FQ1 results.
Thursday, Oct 312013, 5:15 PM
Thursday, Oct 312013, 5:15 PM| Comment!
- Ellie Mae (ELLI) expects Q4 revenue of $29.5M-$30M and EPS of $0.17-$0.18, below a consensus of $32.5M and $0.24. The company says mortgage applications declined in August and September at a faster-than-expected rate, and that major customers signed earlier this year "took longer to implement" than expected. Shares -17.3% AH. (Q3 results, PR)
- Audience (ADNC) expects Q4 revenue of $31M-$34M and EPS of -$0.12 to -$0.16, below a consensus of $35.3M and -$0.03. Shares unchanged AH. Several other mobile chipmakers have also issued soft Q4 guidance. (Q3 results, PR)
- ON Semi (ONNN) expects Q4 revenue of $675M-$705M, below a $709.6M consensus. CEO Keith Jackson: "The demand environment has been choppy and demand trends have lagged the typical seasonality in our industry." Shares -0.5% AH. (Q3 results, PR)
- Immersion (IMMR) is favorably narrowing its 2013 revenue guidance range to $46M-$48M from $45M-$48M. However, the consensus is at $48.1M. Shares +0.3% AH. (Q3 results, PR)
Instablogs are blogs which are instantly set up and networked within the Seeking Alpha community. Instablog posts are not selected, edited or screened by Seeking Alpha editors, in contrast to contributors' articles.