Tue, May 5, 11:26 AM
Thu, Feb. 5, 3:23 PM
- The resignation of prominent healthcare investor/entrepreneur Dr. Phillip Frost, M.D., from Teva Pharmaceutical Industries' (TEVA +1.8%) Board of Directors prompts aggressive buying from speculators who think a potential deal is afoot with Opko Health (OPK +4.6%). Teva is up on 50% higher volume while Opko's turnover is 3x average.
Dec. 16, 2013, 9:22 AM
- OPKO Health (OPK) acquires Laboratorio Arama de Uruguay. Terms were undisclosed, with closing expected in Jan.
- CEO Phillip Frost: "This acquisition will allow OPKO to establish a footprint in Uruguay and facilitate future sales and commercial expansion into neighboring Argentina. In the near term, Arama provides another platform for the commercialization of our 4Kscore."
- OPK shares +4.9% AH
Aug. 29, 2013, 4:09 PM
- Opko Health (OPK -1%) says it's completed its acquisition of Prolor Biotech (PBTH).
- Under the terms of the deal, each PBTH stockholder will receive 0.9951 shares of OPK.
- The acquisition provides OPK with four significant products in Phase III clinical development, as well as a pipeline of important therapeutic and unique diagnostic products in various stages of development.
Apr. 24, 2013, 9:08 AMProlor Biotech (PBTH), will be acquired by OPKO Health (OPK) in an all-stock deal worth $480M. PBTH shareholders will get 0.9551 shares of OPK for every share of PBTH they own, equating to $7 per share as of Tuesday's closing prices. PBTH +10.65% premarket. (Previously: strategic alternative evaluation boosts Prolor) | 3 Comments
Dec. 27, 2012, 1:04 PMDrugmaker and diagnostics firm Opko Health (OPK +0.5%) acquires Brazilian pharmaceutical company Silcon Comercio, Importacao E Exportacao de Produtos Farmaceuticos e Cosmeticos Ltda. The acquisition represents an important strategic move for OPK's diagnostic business. It permits the commercialization of its prostate cancer test in the region while the company obtains local approval to market its point of care microfluidics disposable test cassettes. | Comment!
Oct. 13, 2011, 8:58 AM
OPK vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR