Ocean Power Technologies: Wave Goodbye To This Wave Power Company
- OPTT regurgitates old, misleading news that pops the stock price.
- The star Australian project – despite what the market is led to believe – is gravely jeopardized by a missing agreement and the absence of multi-millions in funding.
- Big company projects, including the Oregon project, are dead, and others are hopelessly bogged down by delay after delay. OPTT's lack of transparency keeps investors unaware of those issues.
- Investors/lenders fear offering OPTT desperately needed capital because of its delays and difficulty showing wave power technology can become a viable business. But proving wave power requires multi-millions.
- Many of the projects are so small that the electricity generated by the ocean wave technology could power only a few light bulbs.