5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
There is research on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
PR Newswire (Thu, 4:15PM)
PR Newswire (May 6, 2014)
PR Newswire (Apr 25, 2014)
PR Newswire (Apr 16, 2014)
OXF vs. ETF Alternatives
Oxford Resource Partners LP is a low-cost producer of high value thermal coal and surface mined coal in Ohio. Its reserves and operations are located in Northern Appalachia and the Illinois Basin.
Fri, May. 16, 5:03 AM
- The White House is considering forcing power plants to cut carbon emissions by 25% over a 15-year period, Bloomberg reports.
- The problem is that owners can only cut so much of a facility's emissions by increasing efficiency, so a lot of the reduction could have to come by "going outside the fence," such as by deepening the use of renewable energy, improving grid efficiency and encouraging customers to use less electricity.
- Trying to compel operators to rely on such external measures could run afoul of what the government is allowed to do under the Clean Air Act.
- ETFs: KOL, XLU, IDU, VPU, RYU, PUI, UPW, FXU, SDP, PSCU, FUTY, UTLT
- Coal Tickers: PCXCQ, BTU, WLT, CNX, ACI, ANR, JRCC, YZC, ARLP, AHGP, NRP, PVR, PVG, PVA, OXF, CLD, WLB, RNO
- Utilities: ED, POM, PEG, FE, NST, UTL, ETR, EXC, D, NU, PCG, DUK
Tue, May. 6, 7:09 AM
Mon, May. 5, 5:30 PM
- ACM, ACOR, AER, AKRX, AME, ARCC, ARCO, ARW, BCE, BCS, CBOE, CNK, COCO, CRTO, CRZO, CYNO, DISCA, DNR, DTV, DWRE, EMR, EXH, EXLP, FE, GDP, GLDD, HCP, HFC, HPT, HSH, HSIC, HTH, IFF, ISIS, KWK, MMP, MNTA, MONT, MOS, MPW, MSO, MVIS, MWIV, NRG, [[NTi]], NUS, ODP, OXF, PDCE, PQ, PRIM, RDC, RHP, RTI, RTRX, STWD, TDG, TGH, TPH, TW, UBS, VMC, VSH, VTG, WCG, WNR, XRAY, ZBRA, ZTS.
Tue, Apr. 15, 2:26 PM
- The D.C. Court of Appeals upholds EPA regulations requiring power plants to limit emissions hazardous air pollutants, siding with the EPA's determination that its regulations were appropriate and necessary.
- The 2-1 court majority rejects arguments the agency should have considered the costs of its regulations before moving forward, while the dissenting judge warns the costs of the EPA regulations would amount to more than $9B/year.
- Related tickers: KOL, BTU, WLT, CNX, ACI, ANR, JRCC, YZC, PCXCQ, ARLP, NRP, PVR, PVA, OXF, CLD, WLB
Tue, Apr. 8, 10:42 AM
- Consol Energy's (CNX +3.6%) upgraded coal outlook is lifting coal names higher across the board: ANR +9.2%, WLT +7.4%, ACI +5.6%, YZC +5.2%, BTU +3.8%, WLB +3.1%, OXF +3%, CLD +2%, KOL +1.9%.
- Stifel raises its CNX target price to $46 from $45, reflecting the strong market for northern Appalachian thermal coal, offsetting a weaker pricing and volume outlook for met coal (Briefing.com).
Wed, Apr. 2, 3:58 PM
- Coal stocks are higher after the head of BHP Billiiton's (BHP +0.9%) coal division said he expects world demand for coal to increase for decades to come, and that most demand growth for coal will come from outside China, which has been the primary driver of global commodity prices in recent years.
- The BHP exec also noted that coal demand in Europe is rising as nuclear plants are set to shut down and countries reduce their imports on Russian energy.
- The Market Vectors Coal ETF (KOL +0.7%) has gained 3.2% over the past week and is trading above its 200-day moving average, but the ETF is still down 4.2% YTD.
- JRCC +20.5%, OXF +4.5%, WLT +2.2%, CNX +2.1%, CLD +2%, ANR +1.9%, BTU +1.4%, YZC +0.6%, ACI -0.2%, WLB -1.2%.
Fri, Mar. 7, 12:39 PM
- Alpha Natural Resources (ANR -9.4%) is hit hard after Goldman Sachs last night cut its rating on the shares to Sell and lowered its price estimates for coal; other sector names are following suit.
- Goldman also cut its price estimate for met coal this year to $141/metric ton from $150 and lowered projections for next year and 2016 following increased Australian output, an expected slowdown in the growth of Chinese imports, and “limited U.S. supply rationalization."
- The firm maintains a Neutral rating on Walter Energy (WLT -5.6%) but cuts its price target to $10 from $12.
- Also: BTU -4.2%, ACI -4%, CNX -1.5%, OXF -1.6%, JRCC -1.5%, CLD -0.7%, KOL -2.1%.
Tue, Mar. 4, 7:06 AM
Tue, Mar. 4, 12:05 AM
Mon, Mar. 3, 5:30 PM
Mon, Feb. 3, 5:39 PM
- James River Coal (JRCC) -6.7% AH after plunging nearly 20% in the final half-hour of regular trading on a Bloomberg report that it hired Perella Weinberg Partners to advise on the restructuring of its debt and restructuring advisers including Blackstone have been pitching creditors.
- JRCC, which has closed mines and hasn’t posted an annual net profit since 2010, is among U.S. producers hurt by a decline in coal prices and the natural gas boom; for metallurgical coal used in steelmaking, rising Australian output has helped create a global surplus.
- Other coal producers also fell sharply today: ANR -8.1%, WLT -7.1%, ACI -5.4%, OXF -3.1%, BTU -2.7%, RNO -1.4%, CNX -1.2%.
Dec. 10, 2013, 6:50 PM
- Supreme Court justices today expressed sympathy for the EPA’s approach to air pollution that crosses state lines.
- The rule that would curb emissions from coal-fired power plants in 28 states - struck down by the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals and being tested by power companies, states and miners - has never taken effect, but it would force companies to either shutter old plants or invest billions of dollars in pollution-control technology.
- The court’s four Democrat appointees, at times joined by Chief Justice Roberts and Justice Kennedy, suggested the EPA had adhered to the language of the Clean Air Act; only Justice Scalia seemed convinced the rule could be unfair to some states.
- ETFs: KOL, XLU, IDU, VPU, RYU, PUI, UPW, FXU, SDP, PSCU, FUTY, UTLT.
- Coal names: PCXCQ, BTU, WLT, CNX, ACI, ANR, JRCC, YZC, ARLP, AHGP, NRP, PVR, PVG, PVA, OXF, CLD, WLB, RNO.
Nov. 5, 2013, 7:12 AM| Nov. 5, 2013, 7:12 AM | Comment!
Nov. 5, 2013, 12:05 AM
- AFSI, AKRX, AMED, AMG, AOL, ARCC, ARCO, ASH, BCRX, BDX, BPI, CCC, CHTR, COCO, CTSH, CVS, D, DLPH, DNR, DTV, DWRE, DX, DXM, EMR, ENR, EXH, EXLP, EXPD, FE, GLDD, GTIV, HCA, HCN, HL, HPT, HSIC, HST, HW, ICE, IFF, ISIS, KORS, KWK, LBTYA, LPX, MITT, MNTA, MOS, MPEL, MPW, NNN, NTLS, NXST, ODP, OMX, OWW, OXF, OZM, PMC, PQ, RDC, REGN, REN, RHP, RIGL, RRD, RRGB, SRE, TGH, TMUS, TRGT, TRP, VSI, XPO, ZBRA, ZINC, ZTS
Nov. 4, 2013, 5:30 PM
- AFSI, AKRX, AMED, AMG, AOL, ARCC, ARCO, ASH, BCRX, BDX, BPI, CCC, CHTR, COCO, CTSH, CVS, D, DLPH, DNR, DTV, DWRE, DX, DXM, EMR, ENR, EXH, EXLP, EXPD, FE, GLDD, GTIV, HCA, HCN, HL, HPT, HSIC, HST, HW, ICE, IFF, ISIS, KORS, KWK, LBTYA, LPX, MITT, MNTA, MOS, MPEL, MPW, NNN, NTLS, NXST, ODP, OMX, OWW, OXF, OZM, PMC, PQ, RDC, REGN, REN, RHP, RIGL, RRD, RRGB, SRE, TGH, TMUS, TRGT TRP, VSI, XPO, ZBRA, ZINC, ZTS
Sep. 20, 2013, 5:13 AM
- The Environmental Protection Agency is scheduled to today unveil restrictions on carbon emissions for new power plants, a key part of President Obama's policy to fight what many see as global warming.
- The EPA will reportedly set CO2 limits at 1,100 pounds per megawatt hour for coal plants and 1,000 pounds for most natural gas plants. To meet those restrictions, coal plants would have to capture and store 20-40% of their CO2 emissions using technology that isn't yet being deployed on a commercial scale. The industry argues that the work would be so expensive that it would preclude the building of new plants.
- More far-reaching limits for existing facilities are due to be proposed in June 2014.
- Companies affected include Patriot Coal (PCXCQ.OB), Alpha Natural Resources (ANR), Arch Coal (ACI), Peabody Energy (BTU), James River (JRCC), Cliffs Natural (CLF), Rhino Resource Partners (RNO), CONSOL Energy (CNX), Oxford Resource Partners (OXF), Walter Energy (WLT) and Natural Resource Partners (NRP).
- ETF - KOL.
Other TSLA news & PR
- View all 2 replies
oldmanbutters:: If you made that buy it was a good one. Still sitting on my watchlist...
adrenaline33:: No I haven't yet im still watching and thinking about it.
- View all 1 replies
Bay Minette:: EU demand for coal imports to replace expensive gas fired plants.