5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
There is research on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
Paladin Energy: The 8 Million Pound Wounded Gorilla
Uranium Upstart Paladin Resources: Takeover Target?Kelvin Chan • Jul. 23, 2007
Summit Resources Accepts Paladin's Higher Takeover OfferThomas Kelly • Apr. 17, 2007
There are no Transcripts on PALAF.
There are no News articles on PALAF.
PALAF vs. ETF Alternatives
Wednesday, Oct 22013, 5:28 PM
Wednesday, Oct 22013, 5:28 PM| Comment!
- Uranium miner Paladin Energy (PALAF.PK) announces aggressive cost-saving measures at its two mines and head office, with management and board members taking pay cuts and refusing bonuses or salary increases until the uranium market improves.
- The cost reductions are needed - in the June quarter, Paladin reported cash costs of $29.40/lb. at its Langer Heinrich mine and $39.20/lb. at its Kayelekera mine vs. uranium spot prices of ~$35/lb. - but RBC Capital says concerns remain over funding.
- An asset sale or debt restructure would be positive, the firm says, but an asset sale in particular is likely to be challenging given market conditions.
Monday, Aug 52013, 9:02 AM
Monday, Aug 52013, 9:02 AM| Comment!
- Australian uranium miner Paladin Energy (PALAF.PK) fell as much as 29% in Toronto on Friday after it canceled plans to sell a minority interest in an African mine, and instead raised funds through a private placement of shares.
- Paladin said it ended negotiations involving its Langer Heinrich miner in Namibia after it became clear it wouldn't get the price it wanted due to low uranium prices.
- A private placement of ~125M shares, ~15% of shares outstanding, is expected to raise A$88M ($77.9M).
Monday, Mar 182013, 12:02 PMLarge uranium miners team up with the Australian government and two Canadian provinces to press Canada to change Cold War era policy restricting foreign ownership to just 49% of uranium mines. "It's such an absurd situation," says Paladin Energy MD John Borshoff ... "an anachronism." URA -36% Y/Y. |Monday, Mar 182013, 12:02 PM| 1 Comment
Wednesday, Dec 122012, 5:41 PMThe uranium business is still stuck in a rut more than 21 months after Fukushima, and there's little sign of a turnaround in 2013 as Japan's plans remain up in the air. Optimists point to long-term demand - 62 reactors under construction worldwide - and weak pricing and cost pressures that have ground many projects to a halt. Spot prices may have found a floor near $40/lb., but ~$60 is seen as breakeven. |Wednesday, Dec 122012, 5:41 PM| 2 Comments
Wednesday, Nov 72012, 3:31 PMContinuing to be stung by the low price of uranium, Paladin Energy (PALAF.PK -3.2%) freezes development, hoping to save $60M-$80M in fiscal years 2013 and 2014. "Today the price is not justifying any development (though) everybody realizes that, even with development, there's a supply crisis moving forward," says CEO John Borshoff. Uranium producer ETF: URA -18.2% YTD. |Wednesday, Nov 72012, 3:31 PM| 1 Comment
Wednesday, May 232012, 9:19 AMUranium giant Cameco's (CCJ) planned effort to raise as much as $1B through a combination of securities may signal an upcoming acquisition, BMO Capital suggests, citing falling uranium equity valuations in recent weeks and CCJ's ample funding capability. Potential targets: Paladin Energy (PALAF.PK), Denison Mines (DNN), UEX Corp. (UEXCF.PK) |Wednesday, May 232012, 9:19 AM| 2 Comments
Friday, Mar 132009, 2:40 PMThere's a uranium supply crunch looming, Cameco (CCJ) CEO Jerry Grandey says, as cash-strapped producers cut back on supply, "sowing the seeds of the next spike in the uranium price." CCJ and peers Paladin PALAF.PK and Uranium One (SXRZF.PK) may be worth a look. |Friday, Mar 132009, 2:40 PM| 1 Comment
Instablogs are blogs which are instantly set up and networked within the Seeking Alpha community. Instablog posts are not selected, edited or screened by Seeking Alpha editors, in contrast to contributors' articles.