SA News • Mon, Nov. 17
Be smarter and faster with PRO Alerts on PANL
From other sites
There is research on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
How To Make Money From The Quartet And Pangaea Merger
- QTET commons virtually guarantees a 2.6% upside since common holders (d.o.r: 8/27/14) can convert their shares for a cash premium regardless of whether the merger is approved.
- A theoretical 104% return may be achieved by buying QTETU, although the security is very illiquid and the spread is wide, making this strategy very difficult to execute.
- The biggest risk is the short-term price Holdco/PANL will immediately trade at once the merger is approved; Rosenfeld's previous SPAC deals show that prices held steady in the short-term.
Quartet: Joel Greenblatt Writes A Blank Check For Pangaea Logistics
- Joel Greenblatt is an initial stockholder and special advisor to Quartet, a blank check company that plans to merge with Pangaea Logistics, a maritime logistics provider.
- Pangaea Logistics displays many of the characteristics one would expect from a Joel Greenblatt investment. Sector market leadership, high return on equity, experienced management and attractive growth prospects.
- Quartet’s management highlight that there is a significant valuation gap between the price they are paying for Pangaea Logistics and its publicly traded peers. We estimate about 28% upside potential.
- Key catalysts to unlock value include the successful completion of the merger, growing investor awareness and Pangaea Logistics achieving its net income targets, in particular for 2014E.
- This opportunity should start to realize material upside in the near term, with limited downside risk due to an attractive entry price versus Quartet's current cash balance and the post-merger valuation.
Quartet Merger Rights: 40% Upside For A Short-Term Event Driven Investment
- Quartet Rights offer investors the opportunity to re-create Quartet common at $7.20 per share, or 40% upside if the rights trade up to the common.
- A near-term event is in place to unlock value. On September 29th, shareholders will vote on the Company's merger with Pangaea Logistics.
- Quartet boasts strong sponsorship through Eric Rosenfeld of Crescendo Partners and famed value investor Joel Greenblatt.
There are no Transcripts on PANL.
PANL vs. ETF Alternatives
Pangaea Logistics Solutions Ltd a logistics company. The Company through its subsidiaries is engaged in operating bulk carriers providing seaborne dry bulk transportation services. It operates a fleet of approximately 60 owned and time-chartered vessels.
Other News & PR