- Despite the fact that Petrobras missed analysts’ estimates in the second quarter earnings report the company’s fundamentals are intact.
- The company plans to invest $153.9 billion mainly to develop pre-salt and post-salt production during 2014-2018.
- The company is positioned to produce 3.2 million barrels of oil per day by the end of 2018 and 4.0 billion of oil per day during 2020 to 2030.
- Currently the Brazilian government has an approximate 54 percent stake in the company making it a state-sponsored monopoly without any real competition.
- In the recently published article on Forbes.com, Mike Koza, a prominent investor, sees the company’s potential doubling in four years.