Mon, Apr. 13, 5:10 PM
- Pep Boys (NYSE:PBY) reports comparable-store sales rose 1.3% in Q4.
- Service revenue provided most of the comp lift with a 5.1% gain.
- The company says investments in tire, digital, commercial/fleet cut into margins during quarter, although the margin rate is recovering in Q1.
- Previously: Pep Boys Manny Moe & Jack EPS of -$0.50
- PEP -0.9% after hours.
Mon, Apr. 13, 4:34 PM
Sun, Apr. 12, 5:35 PM
Dec. 11, 2014, 9:30 AM
- Retail sales struck their biggest gain since March on broad strength.
- What's working: Strong growth was seen in auto parts (PBY, ORLY, AZO, AAP, MNRO) with the broad parts category showing year-over-year sale growth of over 8% in November. Sales were up 6.8% Y/Y for health and personal care stores (ULTA, SBH, CVS, WAG, RAD) during the month.
- What's not working: Department stores (DDS, M, SSI, BONT, SHLD, JCP, KSS, JWN) went backwards with sales off 1.1% from a year ago. No surprise, but sales at gas stations (CASY, KR, PTRY) also fell off from a year ago.
- Retail ETFs: XLY, XRT, VCR, RTH, RETL, IYK, FXD, IYC, FDIS, SCC, UCC, PMR, UGE, RCD, SZK.
Dec. 9, 2014, 11:16 AM
- A strong report from AutoZone on Q3 earnings is giving the auto parts sector a lift.
- Cold weather and lower gas prices are a good mix for the sector.
- Advance Auto Parts (AAP +0.9%), O'Reilly Automotive (ORLY +1.8%), and Monro Muffler Brake (MNRO +0.5%) are all outperforming market averages.
- Pep Boys (PBY -8.7%) is sitting out the rally after missing profit estimates with its Q3 report.
Dec. 8, 2014, 5:41 PM
Dec. 8, 2014, 4:39 PM| 8 Comments
Dec. 7, 2014, 5:35 PM
Sep. 26, 2014, 8:35 AM| Comment!
Sep. 22, 2014, 3:31 PM
- Specialty auto retailers trade lower after AutoZone's FQ4 report indicates demand for used cars and parts has slowed.
- Strong demand in the U.S. for new cars has cut into sales in the do-it-yourself segment, say analysts.
- Sector decliners: Pep Boys (NYSE:PBY) -1.5%, O'Reilly Automotive (NASDAQ:ORLY) -1.4%, Advance Auto Parts (NYSE:AAP) -1.0%.
Sep. 9, 2014, 10:39 AM| Comment!
Sep. 9, 2014, 9:24 AM
Sep. 8, 2014, 5:35 PM
Sep. 8, 2014, 4:33 PM| Comment!
Sep. 7, 2014, 5:35 PM
Jun. 9, 2014, 4:32 PM| Comment!
PBY vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR