Quote & Headlines
5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
To learn more about Seeking Alpha PRO, click here.
There are no Transcripts on PCI.
PIMCO Dynamic Credit Income Fund Reports Results for the Fiscal Quarter and Period Ended September 30, 2013Business Wire (Nov 29, 2013)
PIMCO Dynamic Credit Income Fund Reports Results for the Fiscal Quarter and Period Ended June 30, 2013Business Wire (Aug 30, 2013)
Business Wire (May 29, 2013)
PCI vs. ETF Alternatives
Thursday, Oct 1712:17 PM
Thursday, Oct 1712:17 PM| 4 Comments
- I see no reason for long-term rates to head higher, says Jeff Gundlach, appearing on CNBC. He doesn't see the taper coming soon - incomes are falling, the labor force participation rate is stuck, and inflation is non-existent. Further, why would Janet Yellen take the Fed helm and immediately begin to reverse a policy she's so supportive of?
- Without the taper, he notes, QE is actually expanding on a relative basis thanks to a smaller budget deficit and less Treasury issuance needing to be mopped up by the central bank.
- The best opportunity in fixed income continues to be closed-end funds trading at discounts to net asset value (his DBL being one of them). You can put together a basket of these, he says, yielding 8-9% and with a discount to NAV of 10%. Others possibilities (though we haven't checked their prices vs. NAV): PDI, PTY, PCI, PHK, PKO, PCN, PCI, PFN, PFL.
- Treasurys continue their big rally, the yield on the 10-year now all the way down to 2.60%. TLT +0.8%, TBT -1.6%.
- Turning to stocks: I don't like $300B market cap companies trading at 20x forward earnings, he says, suggesting GOOG be "harvested" for gains.
- On TSLA: There's something wrong with this picture, he says, noting the company's $23B valuation while GM and Ford are hitting new highs. These massive Tesla sales being priced into the stock have to come from somewhere.
Friday, Sep 133:45 AM
Friday, Sep 133:45 AM| 2 Comments
- Pimco and BlackRock (BLK) reportedly scooped up over 25% of Verizon's (VZ) mammoth $49B bond sale on Wednesday, helping the telecom carrier to raise all the money it wanted to at once rather than in chunks, as it had originally intended.
- Bill Gross' firm bought $8B in bonds and BlackRock $5B, with the two companies also influential in persuading Verizon to price the debt at an above-market rate.
- Pimco funds: PCI, PTY, PDI, PHK, BOND, PKO, PCN, PCI, PFN
Thursday, Sep 1211:21 AM
Thursday, Sep 1211:21 AM| Comment!
- That bond funds - specifically Pimco bond funds - have tumbled in value as rates flew higher this summer isn't news. Instead, it's the vanishing "Pimco premium" in the firm's closed-end offerings.
- The Dynamic Credit Income Fund (PCI +0.9%) is off nearly 18% since its launch earlier this year as an initial premium of 9% is now a 9% discount. Others include PDI now at a 8.2% discount vs. a previous average of -2.4%.
- Others still trade at premiums, but of vastly smaller size. PTY is at 6.6% premium vs. a 3-year average of 17.8%. PHK remains at a whopping 50.7% premium, but down from 75% last year.
- "Was (it) the epoch that made the man as opposed to the man that made the epoch," wrote Bill Gross (BOND), wondering if his success was the result of being in the right place at the right time (the 30-year bond bull market).
- Others of note: PKO, PCN, PCI, PFN.
Tuesday, Aug 1312:44 PM
Tuesday, Aug 1312:44 PM| Comment!
- Tumbling Treasury prices - with TLT carving out a new 52-week low today - are again hitting income favorites.
- Leading mREITs (REM -1.4%) lower are Invesco (IVR -3.3%), Annaly (NLY -2.3%), American Capital (AGNC -2%), and Western Asset (WMC -1.6%).
- A number of income CEFs not long ago were so much in favor they commanded large premiums to NAV. They're now at seemingly growing-by-the-day discounts. Among the movers today is the Pimco Dynamic Income Fund (PDI -1.4%) selling for $27.45 against yesterday's closing NAV of $30.23. Others include: PCI, PFN, and PFL.
- Still trading at premiums to NAV are the Pimco High Income Fund (PHK -0.9%) and the Pimco Corporate & Income Fund (PTY -1.1%).
- Municipals (MUB -0.6%) slip as well, hitting Muni CEFs: NXZ -0.9%, IIM -1.2%, VKQ -0.7%.
- Related ETFs: MORT, MORL, SUB, MUNI, PVI, PZA, SHM, TFI, VRD, HYD, ITM, MLN, PRB, SMB, GMMB, SMMU, RVNU, NY .
Tuesday, Aug 612:30 PM
Tuesday, Aug 612:30 PM| 3 Comments
- With equity guys greedy and fixed income fans fearful, maybe it's time to go the other way.
- Portfolio manager David Tepper (not that David Tepper), finds 10 closed-end bond funds who have negative YTD and Y/Y returns even as their net asset values have risen over the same periods: TAI, HIX, HHY, HIO, FTF, HAV, HIH, PIM, PPT, FMY.
- Several other closed-end funds run by high-profile names used to command hefty premiums, but now trade at discounts to net asset value. Among them are Jeff Gundlach's DBL and DSL and Pimco's PCI, PDI, PFN, and PFL.
Instablogs are blogs which are instantly set up and networked within the Seeking Alpha community. Instablog posts are not selected, edited or screened by Seeking Alpha editors, in contrast to contributors' articles.