Tue, Sep. 15, 4:16 PM
- Among the investors in Twin Creeks Timber will be Plum Creek Timber (NYSE:PCL), Silver Creek Capital Management (the managing member), the Washington State Investment Board, the Oregon Public Employees Retirement Fund, and the Alaska Permanent Fund Corporation.
- The JV will allow those groups to co-invest in timberlands currently managed by Plum Creek, with the goal of growing the portfolio to about $1B over time.
- The initial portfolio is valued at about $560M and consists of 260K acres. Plum Creek is selling about $420M of timberlands to the JV, and contributing another $140M for its 25% equity stake in the JV.
- Source: Press Release
Tue, Aug. 4, 4:54 PM
Mon, Jul. 27, 4:20 PM
Sun, Jul. 26, 5:35 PM
Tue, May 5, 5:31 PM
Mon, Apr. 27, 4:12 PM
Sun, Apr. 26, 5:35 PM
Wed, Feb. 4, 4:45 PM
Mon, Jan. 26, 4:49 PM
- Q4 earnings of $66M or $0.38 per share (after excluding an insurance recovery) vs. $52M and $0.31 one year ago. Adjusted EBITDA of $605M vs. $502M.
- Northern Resources segment operating profit of $10M vs. $8M one year ago on harvest volume of 976K tons, about flat from last year. Northern sawlog prices of $5 per ton up 6%. Pulpwood prices up 5%.
- Southern Resources segment operating profit of $38M vs. $34M one year ago, with harvest volume up 11%. Southern sawlog prices up 5%. Pulpwood prices up more than $1 per ton.
- Real Estate segment sales of $120M vs. $59M one year ago, including the first phase of a significant conservation deal with The Nature Conservancy, selling 47.8K acres for $46M.
- Manufacturing segment operating profit of $14M vs. $8M one year ago.
- Guidance: U.S. residential construction to grow at "measured pace," with about 1.1M housing starts. Harvest volumes and mix to be similar to 2014 - 19M to 20M tons in 2015. Real Estate segment sales of $250M-$300M. 2015 EPS of $1.05-$1.30 vs. the Street at $1.27. Q1 EPS expected at $0.20-$0.25.
- Conference call at 5 ET
- Previously: Plum Creek Timber beats by $0.05, beats on revenue (Jan. 26)
- PCL flat after hours
Mon, Jan. 26, 4:06 PM
Sun, Jan. 25, 5:35 PM
Nov. 4, 2014, 5:28 PM
Oct. 28, 2014, 11:06 AM
- The recovery in fundamentals (i.e., busier housing starts) is likely to be pushed further out, says analyst George Staphos, following the Q3 earnings report.
- CEO Rick Holley on the earnings call (transcript): "We did not grow our Southern harvest to the extent that we had planned for the third quarter. Some of the demand growth and price intention, we have forecast for the second half of this year has not materialized."
- Staphos: "The dividend increase at least as far as you can see, for '15 are probably on hold for now?"
- Holley: "I think that's a fair assessment."
- PCL -3%
- Previously: Plum Creek Timber beats by $0.02, misses on revenue
Oct. 27, 2014, 6:44 PM
- Core EPS of $0.32 vs. $0.46 prior.
- Residential construction markets continue to be sluggish.
- Expected Housing starts - FY'14 +8%; FY'15 +10% to 1.1M starts
- Q4 Harvest levels in the Northern and Southern Resources are expected to be similar to Q3 and 19.2 - 19.5M ton in FY'14.
- Expected Real Estate revenues - Q4 $105M - 125M; FY14 $275M - 295M.
- Expected EPS - Q4 $0.29 - 0.39; FY'14 $1.10 - 1.20 excl. any impacts from the Q2 MDF fire.
- Conference call at 5:00 PM ET
- PCL No trades AH
- Previous: Plum Creek Timber beats by $0.02, misses on revenue
Oct. 27, 2014, 4:09 PM
Oct. 26, 2014, 5:35 PM
PCL vs. ETF Alternatives
Plum Creek Timber Co Inc is a real estate investment trust. It owns and manages timberlands in the United States. Its products include lumber products, plywood, medium density fiberboard, and related by-products, such as wood chips.
Other News & PR