There are no Focus articles on PDA.
There are no Transcripts on PDA.
Thu, Jan. 23, 5:06 PM
- Qualcomm (QCOM) has acquired 2,400 patents and patent applications from H-P (HPQ) that are tied to the latter's defunct Palm/webOS and IPAQ (PDA) businesses, along with its Bitfone mobile device management software unit. Terms are undisclosed. (PR)
- The purchase strengths Qualcomm's giant mobile patent portfolio (underpins a licensing business that still produces over half of its profits), which is set to contend with 3G patent expirations and the arrival of 4G-only phones (carry lower royalties than 3G/4G phones) in the coming years.
- The fact H-P's software patents generally aren't standards-essential could make them particularly useful.
- H-P, meanwhile, gets to monetize assets that were of limited value to the company, given its decision to abandon webOS and focus on building Android and Windows 8 devices.
- Previous: H-P reportedly looking to monetize mobile patents
May. 18, 2009, 8:12 AMBrazil meat processors Sadia (SDA) and Perdigao (PDA) say they're in discussions of a merger that would rescue struggling Sadia, and create one of the world's largest frozen and processed food companies. In a report Thursday, Citigroup speculated the Brazil government could help finance a merger with as much as $750M. | Comment!
Currently, there's no company description for PDA.
Country: United States
Other News & PR