There are no Transcripts on PEJ.
at CNBC.com (Jun 30, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Jun 23, 2014)
at MarketWatch.com (Jun 11, 2010)
Tue, Aug. 26, 9:07 AM
Tue, Aug. 26, 8:03 AM
Tue, Aug. 19, 9:07 AM
Tue, Aug. 19, 7:49 AM
Tue, Aug. 12, 9:16 AM
Tue, Aug. 12, 8:01 AM
Tue, Aug. 5, 9:03 AM
Tue, Aug. 5, 7:55 AM
Tue, Jul. 29, 9:09 AM
Tue, Jul. 29, 7:55 AM
Tue, Jul. 22, 9:07 AM| Comment!
Tue, Jul. 22, 8:08 AM
Fri, Apr. 4, 1:46 PM
- Retail employment grew by 18.2K M/M and 229K Y/Y in March, according to estimates from the National Retail Federation.
- Retailers are prepping for a little bit of a snapback in store traffic in Q2 which they hope will help ease pricing and inventory pressures.
- Though the winter weather was worse than normal across much of the U.S., there are plenty of execs who have been sounding the warning bell that store traffic trends are in decline due to shifts in consumer behavior - not snow and ice. Q2 could settle the debate.
- Related ETFs: XLP, XLY, VDC, XRT, VCR, ECON, BJK, IPD, KXI, RTH, PBJ, PEJ, RETL, FXG, IYK, IYC, IPS, FXD, SCC, UCC, FDIS, RXI, RHS, PMR, EMCG, PSL, UGE, RCD, FSTA, PSCC, PEZ, SZK, PSCD, EMDI, AXSL, AXDI
Thu, Mar. 6, 8:37 AM
- The negative retail drums keep beating louder this morning with a string of companies (Fred's, Stein Mart, Buckle) showing negative same-store sales for February and Costco showing some uncharacteristic weakness.
- The week has also seen RadioShack and Staples decide to close stores en masse and strong hints from other retailers that the promotional stance from the holidays has been tough to shake off.
- Related ETFs: XLP, XLY, VDC, XRT, VCR, ECON, BJK, IPD, KXI, RTH, PBJ, RETL, PEJ, FXG, IYK, IPS, IYC, FXD, SCC, UCC, RXI, FDIS, RHS, PMR, UGE, EMCG, FSTA, PSL, RCD, PSCC, PEZ, SZK, PSCD, EMDI, AXSL, AXDI
Thu, Feb. 6, 3:33 PM
- The NRF forecasts retail sales will rise 4.3% in 2014 to improve on last year's gain of 3.7%.
- The association forecasts strong household and business confidence will support an uptick in spending. The impact of higher healthcare costs on consumers and companies is factored into the NRF view.
- Online sales (AMZN, EBAY) are expected to increase by 9% to 12% this year.
- Related ETFs: XLP, XLY, VDC, XRT, VCR, ECON, BJK, IPD, KXI, RTH, PBJ, RETL, PEJ, IYK, IPS, IYC, FXG, FXD, SCC, UCC, RXI, FDIS, RHS, PMR, UGE, EMCG, RCD, PSL, FSTA, PSCC, SZK, PSCD, PEZ, AXSL, EMDI, AXDI
Fri, Jan. 24, 4:38 AM
- The FBI has discovered about 20 cyberattacks against retailers in the past year similar to the one against Target and has warned companies to prepare for more attempts to breach their systems.
- The attack on Target used "memory-parsing" malware that infects point-of-sale (POS) systems such as cash registers and credit-card swiping machines to steal information from tens of millions of cards.
- "The accessibility of the malware on underground forums, the affordability of the software and the huge potential profits to be made from retail POS systems in the United States make this type of financially motivated cyber crime attractive to a wide range of actors," the FBI said.
- "Everybody we work with in the retail space is scared to death," says a cyber-security consultant. "They don't have a lot of defenses to prepare against these types of attacks."
- ETFs: XLY, XRT, VCR, RTH, RETL, PEJ, IYK, FXD, PMR, FDIS, UGE, RCD, PEZ, SZK, PSCD
PEJ vs. ETF Alternatives
The PowerShares Dynamic Leisure and Entertainment Portfolio (Fund) is based on the Dynamic Leisure and Entertainment Intellidex Index (Index). The Fund will normally invest at least 90% of its total assets in common stocks that comprise the Index. The Index is designed to provide capital appreciation by thoroughly evaluating companies based on a variety of investment merit criteria, including fundamental growth, stock valuation, investment timeliness and risk factors.
See more details on sponsor's website
See more details on sponsor's website
Other News & PR